How chin wing widened my mandible

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Contrary to popular belief chin wing actually does widen the mandible and very well so. My mandible was hyper recessed and narrow, and look what happened:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 135020

As you can see the distance between pre surgical madibular border and post surgical is almost 9mm. It's completely natural, just bone and no implant.

Here a view a little further posterior:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 145201

Again, 8 - 9mm widening of the mandibular edge, just with bone and no erosion. Honestly I think this is insanely good. The only problem with chin wing is that it destroy your jaw angles and replaces masseter muscles but I have a plan for this as well. Just admire this genius surgical plan I made:

Ok so this is a 1 week post surgical x ray of the left jaw angle, the area I have drawn is now filled with new bone:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 150158

The plan is now to move the lower part of the jaw bone where the masseter muscle is attached on top of that newly formed bone:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 150351

The coronal analysis of this reveals that this will result in around 7mm lateralization of the jaw angle, so if properly performed it will create 14mm additional intergnoial distance:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 150727

This would provide me with the much needed 7mm lateralization to finally have a 0.9 intergonial to interzygomatic distance ratio. The method is safe, the bone is not in danger because it is in direct contact with another piece of bone so there won't be any nutrition or blood supply issues.

Once this shit is done I can finally get my bimax with slight jaw angle implants for additional angularity.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 14867, altereg0, kubo and 3 others
just post actual pics nig

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: user47283, joeveniro, aBetterMii and 3 others
just post actual pics nig
Wouldn't help because we are talking about bone surgery and we need to see the bones for this and not a face that is heavily influenced by soft tissue.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Slayerino, joeveniro, Deleted member 2729 and 5 others
Wouldn't help because we are talking about bone surgery and we need to see the bones for this and not a face that is heavily influenced by soft tissue.
that's what matters in the end tho

foids don't care about no x-rays

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: pajeetmaxxing, Oxygen, Blackgymmax and 14 others
how did this affect your gonial angle/ramus?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
@PapiMew claims chin wings create an unideal step off on the ramus.

Also from what I've read. Chin wings are unpredictable and many of Dr zarrinbal's patients look the same after this surgery

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Deleted member 9670, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
@PapiMew claims chin wings create an unideal step off on the ramus.
yeah it makes sense, look at the xrays, looks more round to me
depending on the cut this could ruin your gonial angle

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman and Jason Voorhees
i might be misunderstanding this but just to clarify what you are doing:
  • Reversing your previous chin wing surgery by moving it back to where it originally was but now the lower jaw bone will now sit on top of the new bone that was filled in. So essentially a side wing surgery for more lateral projection.

• +1
Contrary to popular belief chin wing actually does widen the mandible and very well so. My mandible was hyper recessed and narrow, and look what happened:

View attachment 1315897

As you can see the distance between pre surgical madibular border and post surgical is almost 9mm. It's completely natural, just bone and no implant.

View attachment 1315898

Again, 8 - 9mm widening of the mandibular edge, just with bone and no erosion. Honestly I think this is insanely good. The only problem with chin wing is that it destroy your jaw angles and replaces masseter muscles but I have a plan for this as well. Just admire this genius surgical plan I made:

Ok so this is a 1 week post surgical x ray of the left jaw angle, the area I have drawn is now filled with new bone:

View attachment 1315908

The plan is now to move the lower part of the jaw bone where the masseter muscle is attached on top of that newly formed bone:

View attachment 1315910

The coronal analysis of this reveals that this will result in around 7mm lateralization of the jaw angle, so if properly performed it will create 14mm additional intergnoial distance:

View attachment 1315911

This would provide me with the much needed 7mm lateralization to finally have a 0.9 intergonial to interzygomatic distance ratio. The method is safe, the bone is not in danger because it is in direct contact with another piece of bone so there won't be any nutrition or blood supply issues.

Once this shit is done I can finally get my bimax with slight jaw angle implants for additional angularity.
Nice bro, I always thought chin wing results looked kind of unimpressive on zarrinballs website tbh but this sounds like a more dramatic change with the second step you're proposing.

2 questions:

1. Are bones able to just be bent so that it can be attached to this newly formed bone? Surely the lower jaw bone is going to be too narrow to be laid on top of the newly formed bone at either side?

2. Why not save time/money and get jaw angle implants or even fillers that also widen bigonial width? This is what I'm considering

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Deleted member 7725
i thought chin wing was an implant jfl

• +1
i thought chin wing was an implant jfl
Yes it can be confusing. Stupid plastic surgeons mixing chin implant surgery with chin wing osteotomy. Implants don't even cut the bone I dont think.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
are you still getting bimax?

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and ifyouwannabemylover

View attachment 1315897

View attachment 1315898

View attachment 1315908

View attachment 1315910

View attachment 1315911

Makes sense jaw is shaped like a boomerang so as it comes forward it widens

• +1
How much did you pay for the procedure @Acromegaly_Chad ?

• +1
I wanted this but Zbal never responded to my emails