How do braces work if you get bimax abroad?

basedred

basedred

Bronze
Does the bimax surgeon have you go to an orthodontist in your home country? For example, if I live in the USA and want bimax in Europe, does the surgeon have me get braces applied in the USA? Or do I have to go and get them applied in Europe at bimax surgeon’s office? Might sound like a dumb question but I’m genuinely not familiar with surgical procedures abroad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
You get your braces near where you live regardless of the surgeon's location

• +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer, Krakowski, Deleted member 19766 and 1 other person
You get your braces near where you live regardless of the surgeon's location
That’s good to know, so even if I went to Turkey, Italy, Germany etc. I would still be at my local ortho office for braces? And does the bimax surgeon just send the instructions to my local ortho?

That’s good to know, so even if I went to Turkey, Italy, Germany etc. I would still be at my local ortho office for braces? And does the bimax surgeon just send the instructions to my local ortho?
Yes, thats how it works

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski, Deleted member 19766 and basedred
mirin fellow bimaxcel

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 32529
Yes, thats how it works
Interesting, so if a surgeon just sends the braces instructions to the ortho. Does that mean the ortho is on the payroll of the surgeon? Like does he take a cut if the money?

Interesting, so if a surgeon just sends the braces instructions to the ortho. Does that mean the ortho is on the payroll of the surgeon? Like does he take a cut if the money?
No, you pay the ortho and the surgeon. They work together. The surgeon doesn't just tell the ortho to do such and such. I had surgery planned, which I cancelled, and that surgeon wasn't going to work with the ortho at all. They just told me "you have to go to an ortho after surgery."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back