How do I consume 150+ grams of protein a day

cytoplasm

cytoplasm

Kraken
Just seems impossible. What are the best foods that are cheap and easy to digest

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 28896 and Deleted member 28904
Protein shakes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15468 and cytoplasm
Double scoop whey = 60g protein

• +1
Reactions: cytoplasm
  • +1
Reactions: rooman and cytoplasm
only eat animal foods but then you will have to pay a shit ton atleast where I live

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: rand anon and cytoplasm
Just seems impossible. What are the best foods that are cheap and easy to digest
I had 80g of protein so far and it’s 3 no shake I’m cutting so low carb

• +1
I've been on 100gr of protein approx while I've been gymming, and I've seen results.
You don't need a overload if you're young with good T levels.

• +1
There's good amount of protein in nuts. Also greek yogurt.

• +1
Protein shakes and just high protein foods in general, protein snacks. Try some shit like protein pancakes or whatever. 150g isnt really hard.

• +1
I eat 250g mince/chicken with spaghetti/rice every day which is like 80g protein, makes it much easier to fill protein for rest of day

• +1
You can buy these overpriced prot bullshit, or just eat in a slight calories surplus and you'll be fine. If you wanna stay natty, buy some creatine, overload progressively and eat a little bit more than what you used to, assuming you ain't a fat fuck to begin with. Prots are bs.

• +1
jfl just eat meat and dairy so easy

• +1
Reactions: rooman, cytoplasm and Zaq
maximize meat consumption, minimize fillers like rice, potatoes and pasta.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, blite, king_of_recession and 2 others
How much do you weigh? And do you lift?
Chances are you don't need 150g protein/day.
I weigh 145.2 lbs and I eat 119g per day.

Last edited:
  • +1
only eat animal foods but then you will have to pay a shit ton atleast where I live
Thats pretty hard for me though i have a shit appetite, my stomach is subhuman

I would not recommend this. Protein powders are often highly saturated with heavy metals.
Seems like the easiest way to get them though, and seems cheapish idk
How much do you weigh? And do you lift?
Chances are you don't need 150g protein/day.
I weigh 145.2 lbs and I eat 119g per day.
I weigh 150-155. Started lifting a few days ago hence this thread

You can get a lot of essential amino acids (amino acids that the human body can't produce by itself) and branch-chained amino acids from plant-based protein. It's just that some plant-based proteins don't have a complete amino acid profile. And some are low in certain essential amino acids. So you do need to mix animal protein with plant-based. You can still eat plant-based protein. Just not exclusively.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: cytoplasm and Deleted member 28904
You can get a lot of essential amino acids (amino acids that the human body can't produce by itself) and branch-chained amino acids from plant-based protein. It's just that some plant-based proteins don't have a complete amino acid profile. And some are low in certain essential amino acids. So you do need to mix animal protein with plant-based. You can still eat plant-based protein. Just not exclusively.
Lol.

• JFL
I've been on 100gr of protein approx while I've been gymming, and I've seen results.
You don't need a overload if you're young with good T levels.
How old are you. And how long have you been gyming and what have the results been (muscle mass added)

eggs are the cheapest options protein shakes are easy and taste good but are expensive also canned tuna is cheap but taste like shit

• +1
Seems like the easiest way to get them though, and seems cheapish idk

I weigh 150-155. Started lifting a few days ago hence this thread
You bought into the 1g/lb meme. Multiple scientific studies show that the muscular hypertrophy benefits max out at 1.8g protein per kg of bodyweight per day.
At 155 lbs, anything more than 127g protein per day won't produce any additional benefit. Especially for a novice. You can eat the rest of your daily calories in the form of carbs and fats.

• +1
How old are you. And how long have you been gyming and what have the results been (muscle mass added)
I've been going for 6 months.
I went from skinny to toned, while dropping from 17%BF to 13%.

• +1
drink 2l of wholemilk every day, then eat like 3 eggs

then you only need to eat some tuna or chicken and youre done

• +1
eggs are the cheapest options protein shakes are easy and taste good but are expensive also canned tuna is cheap but taste like shit
Whey protein concentrate (and to a lesser extent whey protein isolate) is generally cost efficient in terms of grams of protein per dollar. Some brands are more expensive than others though. But yeah eggs and milk as well are cheap sources of protein. Tuna is kinda expensive here in Canada. But sometimes they have sales where you can get like 30g protein in one can for like $1.25-1.27 CAD or some shit. Before, tuna used to go on sale for a dollar. But inflation.

Rolled oats are an under-rated source of cheap protein (and more so carbs). And oats do contain all the essential amino acids your body needs to build muscle mass. But its low in one of the amino acids. So you can't get all of your protein from oats. You need to eat another plant-based protein that has the amino acids its deficient in addition to oats. Or add meat protein to your diet to compliment the oat protein.

Personally I don't like relying on eggs, milk and oats much. Because eggs, milk and oats are not that interesting for me to waste so many fat and carb points on. But when I get a sinus lift and a dental implant, I'm going to be having nothing but shakes with whey protein + rolled oats + milk (maybe peanut butter too) because I won't be able to eat solids without pain. I might go on a chocolate milk diet then as chocolate milk has a decent amount of protein and lots of carbs. A bit deficient in fat though.

• +1
Get on carnivore

• +1
Bro. i'm literally 14yo and i consume 153g of protein a day.

Its just: A lot of beans, a lot of chesse, a lot of ham, a lot of chicken.
Edit: I forgot about the 1 scoop of whey protein

• +1
You don't need that much. People misinterpreted the gr/kg bw to gr/lb bw cuz muh Americunts.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Detective and cytoplasm
  • Hmm...
If you’re in the UK, Aldi make these yoghurt pocket with 25g protein costing one pound each. That’s how I’ve managed recently.

You can probably eat 5/6 before you get sick. And it should be safe to enema the last few bags up your shit hole.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29155 and cytoplasm
2 chicken breast=80g
2 protein shakes=60g
1 greek yogurt=10g

• +1
Whey protein, greek yogurt, chicken breast, tuna, turkey breast, white fish, eggs, etc

• +1
Reactions: cytoplasm and Deleted member 29155
  • +1