How do I find my natural bite?

dingopump

dingopump

Iron
I'm currently decompensating my teeth into an underbite. Since the teeth have already shifted a lot, it's difficult to tell what my natural bite is right now:

1. I can push my lower jaw back which almost makes the occlusion normal.
2. I can put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and then bite, which creates an underbite.
3. When I make my neck fully straight (like having a wall behind my back), the underbite is even more pronounced.

Is there a way to knowing what my natural bite is right now? It's important to know for jaw surgery afterwards.

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: BrettyBoy
The way of your natural bite, Is how you eat

The way of your natural bite, Is how you eat
Not necessarily

When i chew hard gum, i chew with my jaw too far back causing pain inside my head around the ears

When i chew in a more jutted position this pain/pressure goes away

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14077
I'm currently decompensating my teeth into an underbite. Since the teeth have already shifted a lot, it's difficult to tell what my natural bite is right now:

1. I can push my lower jaw back which almost makes the occlusion normal.
2. I can put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and then bite, which creates an underbite.
3. When I make my neck fully straight (like having a wall behind my back), the underbite is even more pronounced.

Is there a way to knowing what my natural bite is right now? It's important to know for jaw surgery afterwards.

Thank you.
get a retainer if u can. it will pay dividends in the future. start mewing as well.

get a retainer if u can. it will pay dividends in the future. start mewing as well.
What does a retainer do? I've never heard of it before

What does a retainer do? I've never heard of it before
Sorry - I just meant braces (and after you get a retainer)

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
I have the same problem. What im currently doing is mewing while chin tucking. Yeah it creates underbite, that's because maxilla is recessed, when maxilla comes forward enough for teeth to meet, that will be proper bite. Also thumb pulling helps