How do I fix lots of different asymmetries?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
My palate is slanted. My right upper molars are 3–5mm higher than my left upper molars.

This tilted palate alone has caused all sorts of asymmetry issues. Because my left upper molars are lower, the left side has a much stronger bite force than the right. The right side has a weaker bite force that renders it pretty much useless for chewing meat. As a result, I chew hard foods on the left, and the left side of my jaw is bigger than the right side of my jaw. Not only is the massetter muscle larger on the left, there’s also more bone mass on that side of the mandible.

Mike Mew made a video about how IPD is correlated with bite strength. Well, my left eye is actually farther out from the center of my nose bridge than my right eye. Maybe it’s because of the chewing asymmetry, but I don’t know for sure.

And since my palate is lower on the left, my left nostril is always clear while my right nostril is harder to breathe through, because the left side has more space in the nasal cavity. Furthermore, my slanted palate causes food to gather up on the right half of my palate when I swallow with my tongue, which vaults the right half of my palate, worsening the asymmetry and causing discomfort.

8CA4629E 087D 462F 9DD2 0004EB5A901E

Left mirrored

8ED816DA 3975 411E 8CBE 54EFEFF3E5CD

Right mirrored

As you can see, the left side of my face mogs the right side into oblivion.

Are these bone structural asymmetries fixable naturally? I’m about to turn 16.

EDIT: I sleep on my back most of the time.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Hightwolf
Sleep on your fucking back not on 1 side

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5393, Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Lefort 4

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
Post the unmirrored pic to compare.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 11143, SOS-Sonic, Deleted member 5912 and 3 others
You cant

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 6997 and thecel
My palate is slanted. My right upper molars are 3–5mm higher than my left upper molars.

This tilted palate alone has caused all sorts of asymmetry issues. Because my left upper molars are lower, the left side has a much stronger bite force than the right. The right side has a weaker bite force that renders it pretty much useless for chewing meat. As a result, I chew hard foods on the left, and the left side of my jaw is bigger than the right side of my jaw. Not only is the massetter muscle larger on the left, there’s also more bone mass on that side of the mandible.

Mike Mew made a video about how IPD is correlated with bite strength. Well, my left eye is actually farther out from the center of my nose bridge than my right eye. Maybe it’s because of the chewing asymmetry, but I don’t know for sure.

View attachment 508631
Left mirrored

View attachment 508632
Right mirrored

As you can see, the left side of my face mogs the right side into oblivion.

Are these bone structural asymmetries fixable naturally? I’m about to turn 16.

EDIT: I sleep on my back most of the time.
I think bimax would solve all your issues. I'm planning one myself I have similar assymetry

• +1
Your asymmetries arent even noticeable

Maybe they aren’t noticeable to most people visually, but they are very noticeable to me physically. Chewing on the left side feels so much stronger and tougher, while chewing on the right side exerts very little force. And since my palate is lower on the left, my left nostril is always clear while my right nostril is harder to breathe through, because the left side has more space in the nasal cavity.

Atleast you have positive canthal tilt

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8080 and thecel
Your face is symetric af

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and thecel
Just shower twice a day without shampoo and u're good bro
XD2

• JFL
Try this first:

• JFL
Dude... you are very symmetrical so stop nitpicking ffs.

It's important to me because the big asymmetries I have—while not very noticeable to others—causes physical problems, e.g. discomfort and issues with mewing, swallowing, and nose-breathing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Your face is symetric af
Left n Right Symmetry me Upload

Left mirrored ES ratio: 0.447
Right mirrored ES ratio: 0.413

Left mirrored midface ratio: 0.947
Right mirrored midface ratio: 0.869

symmetrical people complaining about asymmetries is suifuel for my ogre tier asymmetrical face ngl

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and thecel
You're very symmetrical what an utter cope, focus on the shit that will actually acsend you son, not measuring a 2mm difference that LITERALLY can't be seen

• WTF
You're very symmetrical what an utter cope, focus on the shit that will actually acsend you son, not measuring a 2mm difference that LITERALLY can't be seen

honestly its the last thing you should be worried about

Appearance is second to function. I’d rather be a healthy, symmetrical incel than a Chad with impacted wisdoms, malocclusion, and shit-feeling—often pain-inducing—asymmetry.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I have the same problem, my left side is lower and the whole thing, it's aslo my best side. I started pushing my tongue up the left side to make it reach the height of the right, should I stop? Would that be a looksmin?

• +1