How do I get a CBCT in the UK JFL

Foreverbrad

Foreverbrad

Eat Clen Tren Hard
I asked an orthodontist with a CBCT to give me one.

They said I need to get a referral from my dentist.

I asked my dentist for a referral.

He wouldn’t give me one because he thought that 2D x-rays in the three dimensions were what were required for jaw surgery, not a 3D CBCT.

I would have thought you can slice any 2D you want from the CBCT data though.

So what should I do now? Anyone have experience with this impasse?

Do you have a missing tooth by any chance? If you tell dentist you want an implant they will make you take a cbct

You need to either lie or go Turkey.

Do you have a missing tooth by any chance? If you tell dentist you want an implant they will make you take a cbct

I thought I was going to get one in wisdom teeth removal process but they just take a tiny shitty scan of the area of the tooth they’re interested in, not both your jaws. To reduce the radiation dose. I imagine it’s the same for a dental implant?

You need to either lie or go Turkey.

I can’t imagine what lie I could tell that would require a full face CBCT, the only reason to get that is literally jaw surgery or implants.

I thought I was going to get one in wisdom teeth removal process but they just take a tiny shitty scan of the area of the tooth they’re interested in, not both your jaws. To reduce the radiation dose. I imagine it’s the same for a dental implant?

I can’t imagine what lie I could tell that would require a full face CBCT, the only reason to get that is literally jaw surgery or implants.
Not sure if radiation is the problem, bad clinics use old equipment with high radiation. My dentist says they use newest equipment out there with digital scanning that is equivalent to a couple of hours of natural radiation

Another victim of the NHS :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24770