How do I know if I have a good maxilla

D

Deleted member 19798

Wearing gucci, drive bys and gang shit
I can’t tell the difference between a projected and flat maxilla. What are u guys looking at exactly. I can only tell when a maxilla is severely recessed at the nasion

I can’t tell the difference between a projected and flat maxilla. What are u guys looking at exactly. I can only tell when a maxilla is severely recessed at the nasion
Flat maxilla

F23BD67F 55F7 4351 BD5C 56056957B971

Forward maxilla

2B7AAB6A 9089 4EB6 B9DB E9BA2C82B752

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: justropemaxbro, Deleted member 19297, poopoohead and 1 other person
Unfortunately many of the guys who throw around terms like "recessed maxilla" don't seem to know how to measure it either.
I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone attribute what is really a recessed mandible to a "recessed maxilla".
Easily one of the most misunderstood and abused diagnoses used more so as a "catch-all" term on these lookism forums more than anything.

Anyways, this is one of the best ways I've seen to officially measure it. See reddit link below for more detail in how to set up the measurement lines properly:
Screen Shot 2022 11 29 at 15735 PM

tl;dr (layman):
The bigger the base (horizontal line) of the green pyramid the more forward developed your maxilla. The smaller the base, the less forward developed.

tl;dr (mathematically):
Multiply the tangent of the angle formed in the lateral canthus by the triangle's height (the vertical line of the pyramid).
The bigger this number, the more forward developed your maxilla is.
The smaller this number, the less forward developed your maxilla is.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: justropemaxbro, Deleted member 19297, Deleted member 20631 and 1 other person