How do you fix facial asymmetry and a lopsided smile?

leanlover226

leanlover226

Iron
I recently realized I have facial asymmetry (one jaw is more prominent than the other and my smile is lopsided), is there any way to fix this?

buddy you probably just have an over-trained masseter muscle on one side of your face and suddenly its lopsided. chew only on the other side and eat hard gum and such. focus on the tempo of your chewing and don't over do it. if you overdo it you'd get infections and if you don't do it properly, you'd just get increased saliva production and a tiny improvement on biting force. and for the smile again its because of the masseter muscle issue. use your nail thumb to align your lower jaw with your maxilla. basically try jutting until its a habit + chewing. gl

buddy you probably just have an over-trained masseter muscle on one side of your face and suddenly its lopsided. chew only on the other side and eat hard gum and such. focus on the tempo of your chewing and don't over do it. if you overdo it you'd get infections and if you don't do it properly, you'd just get increased saliva production and a tiny improvement on biting force. and for the smile again its because of the masseter muscle issue. use your nail thumb to align your lower jaw with your maxilla. basically try jutting until its a habit + chewing. gl
ohh okay, tysm. Im gonna try it out and hopefully fix the issue

ohh okay, tysm. Im gonna try it out and hopefully fix the issue
don't expect it overnight, its gonna take a while and when your reached that point start to train both your masseters equally. everyone is gonna be asymmetrical to some degree. you just gotta minimize it.

don't expect it overnight, its gonna take a while and when your reached that point start to train both your masseters equally. everyone is gonna be asymmetrical to some degree. you just gotta minimize it.
yeah ofc, by when do you think it will start being visible tho? also do you recommend that I sleep on the opposite side that I was currently sleeping to sort of level the masseters and decrease the lopsidedness (if that makes sense)

yeah ofc, by when do you think it will start being visible tho? also do you recommend that I sleep on the opposite side that I was currently sleeping to sort of level the masseters and decrease the lopsidedness (if that makes sense)
results will vary depending for how much you chew daily + how well you rest. remember, it's a muscle so of course you need proper sleep and nutrition to see good results. don't worry about it too much and make it a habit.
the whole sleeping on your back thing is retarded also your solution is gonna make things even worse. you good a "better" side and you're trying to balance it out. sleep on your right side, put your palm under your face. beneficial to the cardiovascular system and it lowers the stress on the heart and internal organs. your palm will naturally shape your face and over time it'll also change for the better, that's what I do at least.

Happened to me as well, chewed a gum everyday on side for abt an yr without knowing ofc, and got asymmetrical ive started to chew on the other side primarily now, but if i chew too hard i sometimes hear Cracking on the other side, im i doing smth wrong?

Happened to me as well, chewed a gum everyday on side for abt an yr without knowing ofc, and got asymmetrical ive started to chew on the other side primarily now, but if i chew too hard i sometimes hear Cracking on the other side, im i doing smth wrong?
after you mentioned chewing too hard I knew whats wrong because the hinge in your jaw is called the temporomandibular joint (tmj) and the cracking sound is the result of the joint adjusting to the new chewing pattern. how long did you say you switched from one side to the other?
tmj is a hinge that connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull. chewing unevenly creates tension, affecting the joint's movement. cracking is the joint realigning or the disc within the joint shifting. basically your mouth's suspension changed the stiffness on one side due to the prolonged stress on the said side.
to fix this issue dont chew like a retard and chew mindfully with tempo. chew hard of course but dont chew like you're masticating bricks. good luck

after you mentioned chewing too hard I knew whats wrong because the hinge in your jaw is called the temporomandibular joint (tmj) and the cracking sound is the result of the joint adjusting to the new chewing pattern. how long did you say you switched from one side to the other?
tmj is a hinge that connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull. chewing unevenly creates tension, affecting the joint's movement. cracking is the joint realigning or the disc within the joint shifting. basically your mouth's suspension changed the stiffness on one side due to the prolonged stress on the said side.
to fix this issue dont chew like a retard and chew mindfully with tempo. chew hard of course but dont chew like you're masticating bricks. good luck
Have been like 3-4 mnths after switching i still a gum a day( lasts abt 2-6hrs of chewing), and kinda saw improvement and i think was mewed improperly too,which got me an improper pallette, so most of my tongue was sitting on the side which had the hypertrophy which caused it to bulge even more

Have been like 3-4 mnths after switching i still a gum a day( lasts abt 2-6hrs of chewing), and kinda saw improvement and i think was mewed improperly too,which got me an improper pallette, so most of my tongue was sitting on the side which had the hypertrophy which caused it to bulge even more
For how long you said you were mewing improperly? also I don't think your maxilla changed THAT much. Confused about the whole ordeal.

Nothing is permanent, If you noticed the bulging change the tongue posture and don't favor one side.
Consistency in correct tongue placement during the day will change the habit you mentioned.

Anyhow if you want to improve the results you're getting with chewing chew with molars;
Learn more about the the concept of leverage or torque in biomechanics. The closer you chew to the hinge (like the temporomandibular joint), the more force or torque is applied, affecting the efficiency of the chewing process. This biomechanical principle is similar to the concept of the lever arm in physics, where the force applied increases as you get closer to the pivot point. more quality chewing for less time is better than mediocre chewing during extended periods.

Attachments

• 1706016414201.webp
    7 KB · Views: 0
results will vary depending for how much you chew daily + how well you rest. remember, it's a muscle so of course you need proper sleep and nutrition to see good results. don't worry about it too much and make it a habit.
the whole sleeping on your back thing is retarded also your solution is gonna make things even worse. you good a "better" side and you're trying to balance it out. sleep on your right side, put your palm under your face. beneficial to the cardiovascular system and it lowers the stress on the heart and internal organs. your palm will naturally shape your face and over time it'll also change for the better, that's what I do at least.
ohhh okay tysm, i really appreciate the help