How do you manage to wear tretinoin while getting enough sun exposure? Also looking for any guidance on supplementation for collagen maxxing.

U

Uninspired Solipsist

Iron
I’ve started to use more skincare products recently as I’ve noticed that my collagen has decreased with my increase in age. I’ve been looking into taking tretinoin, but before doing so I was wondering how I would be able to use it while getting enough sunlight since I’ve read it makes your skin more sensitive to sunburn and UV damage. Ideally I’d like to be able to do both, as I know sunbathing outside causes me to look better for at least a week, but if using tret would prevent me from sunbathing I wonder if it’s even worth it for me to use.

Also bought a red light lamp and have started to cook bone broth, eat more foods high in beta carotene, eat as many tomatoes as I can for the lycopene, eat more liver and heart, and started to use a facial cleanser and moisturizer recently. The one thing I’m looking to add are supplements, but I’m hesitant because all the ones that can be used to improve undertones have vegetable oils. Wondering if anyone could provide a link to what supplements they use and if they’ve noticed any success.

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, RealNinja and silencio
SPF 50 sunscreen, else you can forget using tret or it will fuck your skin more than it would benefit you.

And just continue doing the things u've mentioned, I'd add astaxanthin as a supplement on top.

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, silencio and Uninspired Solipsist
I’ve started to use more skincare products recently as I’ve noticed that my collagen has decreased with my increase in age. I’ve been looking into taking tretinoin, but before doing so I was wondering how I would be able to use it while getting enough sunlight since I’ve read it makes your skin more sensitive to sunburn and UV damage. Ideally I’d like to be able to do both, as I know sunbathing outside causes me to look better for at least a week, but if using tret would prevent me from sunbathing I wonder if it’s even worth it for me to use.

Also bought a red light lamp and have started to cook bone broth, eat more foods high in beta carotene, eat as many tomatoes as I can for the lycopene, eat more liver and heart, and started to use a facial cleanser and moisturizer recently. The one thing I’m looking to add are supplements, but I’m hesitant because all the ones that can be used to improve undertones have vegetable oils. Wondering if anyone could provide a link to what supplements they use and if they’ve noticed any success.
Dermaroll + tret + sunscreen (it is must)

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, lestoa, panfacemogger and 1 other person
Looking into dermarolling and finding a spot near me. I’ve never sunburned even though I’ve spent hours in the sun without issue, but if it’s necessary I’ll do it. I’ve just heard sunscreen can clog you and it has a bunch of chemicals I’m wary of. Guess I just gotta find the right brand.

• +1
Reactions: ripikke
Also don't go in the sun in general if you dermaroll for 2 days, wear a cap then or something else to cover your face.

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and Uninspired Solipsist
spf 50+ on tret
dermaroller + tret + vitamin c serum

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and Uninspired Solipsist
Looking into dermarolling and finding a spot near me. I’ve never sunburned even though I’ve spent hours in the sun without issue, but if it’s necessary I’ll do it. I’ve just heard sunscreen can clog you and it has a bunch of chemicals I’m wary of. Guess I just gotta find the right brand.
Which country you’re from?

• +1
yeah some sunscreen products are shit for your skin as they have microplastics in them and other shit causing ur hormones to fluctuate a bit.
There are many natural sunscreen products out there though which are totally safe to use.

• +1
Also don't go in the sun in general if you dermaroll for 2 days, wear a cap then or something else to cover your face.
I rarely reveal my face when I’m out, mostly covered or with a good sunscreen

• +1
The sun ages you, sunburn or not.

• +1
Reactions: Uninspired Solipsist
SPF 50 sunscreen, else you can forget using tret or it will fuck your skin more than it would benefit you.

And just continue doing the things u've mentioned, I'd add astaxanthin as a supplement on top.
Got it. I’ll look for a supplement, but I’ve read when doing some research on the forum that the supplement has negative side effects.

Okay, thank you. Makes sense why you’d have to do this, but I would’ve never done it if you didn’t mention it

Is it necessary for you to go sunbathing? Can't you just take d3 supplements?

Is it necessary for you to go sunbathing? Can't you just take d3 supplements?
I feel better overall when I have enough Sun exposure since the sun allows you to synthesize cholesterol in testosterone and does a bunch of other useful stuff.

are you serious? Tret is the only non cope skincare tehre is. without that, whats left?
cleansing and moisturisin?

• +1