How do you put on size (natty) without doing a gymcel bulk?

CopeMaxxer

CopeMaxxer

Bronze
My face is lean and aesthetic atm but I'm small af with twig arms. Any way to put size on without ballooning up?

Inb4 tren

Inb4 "you can't"

followup: if I go the lean bulk route, how much weight should i be aiming for monthly? 2 lb?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • +1
My face is lean and aesthetic atm but I'm small af with twig arms. Any way to put size on without ballooning up?

Inb4 tren

Inb4 "you can't"

followup: if I go the lean bulk route, how much weight should i be aiming for monthly? 2 lb?
Just eat at a slight surplus with clean foods. You put on weight slow but stay pretty lean. Not like 8% lean, but at least 12-15% range

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
If you want to put on as much lean muscle as possible, whilst putting on as little fast as possible, then naturally, a lean bulk is the only option.

Find out your maintenance calories (the amount of calories you would burn whilst doing absolutely nothing but laying in bed the whole day:
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

Let's just say it's in the 1900-2200 range, as that will be the case for the vast majority of guys. In that case, eating around the 2300-2600 calorie range is ideal for a lean bulk. If your maintenance is 2000 cals, then you should be eating a maximum of 2500 for a lean bulk. This will ensure very slow, but very lean muscle gains. A 2 hour bodybuilding/powerlifting/power bodybuilding workout will burn around 300-400 calories in and of itself, so this will put you in a small surplus that's ideal for lean muscle building.

If you enjoy doing some sort of cardio (I know I enjoy kickboxing) then feel free to up the calories slightly.

Macro nutrients wise, try to get a sensible amount of carbs and fat. There's no need to be too religious with tracking the amount of these 2 you eat. Just make sure they're clean. The most amount of protein you'll need is 1g/lb of body weight, but honestly, you'll be fine at around 0.75/lb of bodyweight, as long as you get the calories in at least with more carbs and fat.

I don't recommend eating too many carbs after 6 pm. Most of your carb intake should be in the morning/midday, as it's used up as energy. Later in the evening you're unlikely to use up all the energy, unless you workout in the evening or have a night shift.

That's basically it, really.

EDIT: To really ensure that your bulk is lean, a pretty reliable way of tracking your body fat and muscle mass is with this scale:
https://vitagoods.com/collections/our-picks/products/body-analyzer1-digital-body-analyzer

Much more accurate than calipers, and much cheaper than a DEXA scan or a bod pod scan.

You can get it much cheaper with one of the endless discount codes that Vitagoods has from sponsoring a lot of Youtube influencers. Very easy to find.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 1680, JustChris and 1 other person
If you want to put on as much lean muscle as possible, whilst putting on as little fast as possible, then naturally, a lean bulk is the only option.

Find out your maintenance calories (the amount of calories you would burn whilst doing absolutely nothing but laying in bed the whole day:
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

Let's just say it's in the 1900-2200 range, as that will be the case for the vast majority of guys. In that case, eating around the 2300-2600 calorie range is ideal for a lean bulk. If your maintenance is 2000 cals, then you should be eating a maximum of 2500 for a lean bulk. This will ensure very slow, but very lean muscle gains. A 2 hour bodybuilding/powerlifting/power bodybuilding workout will burn around 300-400 calories in and of itself, so this will put you in a small surplus that's ideal for lean muscle building.

If you enjoy doing some sort of cardio (I know I enjoy kickboxing) then feel free to up the calories slightly.

Macro nutrients wise, try to get a sensible amount of carbs and fat. There's no need to be too religious with tracking the amount of these 2 you eat. Just make sure they're clean. The most amount of protein you'll need is 1g/lb of body weight, but honestly, you'll be fine at around 0.75/lb of bodyweight, as long as you get the calories in at least with more carbs and fat.

I don't recommend eating too many carbs after 6 pm. Most of your carb intake should be in the morning/midday, as it's used up as energy. Later in the evening you're unlikely to use up all the energy, unless you workout in the evening or have a night shift.

That's basically it, really.

EDIT: To really ensure that your bulk is lean, a pretty reliable way of tracking your body fat and muscle mass is with this scale:
https://vitagoods.com/collections/our-picks/products/body-analyzer1-digital-body-analyzer

Much more accurate than calipers, and much cheaper than a DEXA scan or a bod pod scan.

You can get it much cheaper with one of the endless discount codes that Vitagoods has from sponsoring a lot of Youtube influencers. Very easy to find.

I've heard bodyfat percentage scales are a meme generally, so I'll pass, but thank you for all the advice. I'll shoot for 1.5 to 2 lb a month

• +1
250 surplus

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and CopeMaxxer
Just eat healthy shit rather than dirty shit.
Gymcels tend to bulk with fast food etc. which makes them bloat more.

• +1
you have eat a lot of food and exercise heavy the dirty bulk
literally becoming fat and exercising it off

• +1
roidmaxxing is the only way

• +1
Healthy food. Instead of eating junk food switch it with quality protein and calories.

It is possible to do a clean bulk. Just look at my thread that I did on a 3 month progress.

• +1
bro i tried to bulk once and it’s imposible if your metabolism is high

it’s over

• +1