How do you spot a sociopath or a psychopath?

Z

Zyzzcel

Iron
Just for reference

Contrary to popular belief it's actually the warmest and agreeable people who are psychopaths. People who make you feel good and seem too good to be true. They'll please everybody at work/school to keep up this false persona. They may manipulate and use some people but if you stand up to them and call them out your coworkers will take his side.

They are masters at gaslighting and will make you doubt your own sanity. At the beginning of the relationship they'll be cordial and make you divulge secrets that they'll use against you further down the road.

The best way to detect one? One trick I came up with through the years is that you should tell people "I think x is a psychopath". If they laugh in your face and tell you that he/she possibly can't be, chances are he/she is.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 17791, Deleted member 18840 and 8 others
Pretty sure its a made up deal. People are assholes and animals, morals do not exist in the jungle, some people are bigger assholes.

I read something about psychopathic/narcissistic traits being seen as admirable and cool like in media etc

Sociopaths as heros or something.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 17791, AscendenceImminent and 1 other person
Contrary to popular belief it's actually the warmest and agreeable people who are psychopaths. People who make you feel good and seem too good to be true. They'll please everybody at work/school to keep up this false persona. They may manipulate and use some people but if you stand up to them and call them out your coworkers will take his side.

They are masters at gaslighting and will make you doubt your own sanity. At the beginning of the relationship they'll be cordial and make you divulge secrets that they'll use against you further down the road.

The best way to detect one? One trick I came up with through the years is that you should tell people "I think x is a psychopath". If they laugh in your face and tell you that he/she possibly can't be, chances are he/she is.

Do you have any personal experiences or stories dealing with them? I am interested to know

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
people sure like sociopaths and psychopaths

Do you have any personal experiences or stories dealing with them? I am interested to know
I had the misfortune of dealing with a girl who i'm 99% sure was a psychopath, bluepilled me was trying to get to know her and she Always seemed too good to be true, Always complimented me and made me feel great. This lasted for several months until her behavior changed drastically overnight, she got manipulative and used secrets that I had shared with her against me. For some obscure reason I still wanted her attention and it made Everything worse, she made me question my own sanity by gaslighting me and she even spread lies/half truths about me in school to turn people against me. I told people in school about her behavior but they just laughed and told me that there's no way that "quirky" girl was so mean, they claimed that she was the kindest person they had ever met. I was perplexed about how literally the whole school seemed to cherish her.

Shortly after I started reading online about manipulative people and it led to Reading about psychopathy, literally all the psychopathic traits was present in her behavior. I thought that it was interesting how individuals with zero empathy could fit in and even be acclaimed in their social circles without nobody noticing. I even wrote a 22 pages essay on psyhopathy in senior year of highschool because I found it so alluring after my experiences. I would've sent it to you so you could read it because it summarizes how psychopathy functions in society pretty well but it's in Swedish and it's on my other computer at my parent's house. Look up Dr. Robert Hare he is a prominent figure in this field.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840, Zyzzcel and Deleted member 2846
You can’t really
They are very smart to the point that they manipulate without even realizing it

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
Sociopaths and psychopaths are indistinguishable from run of the mill liars unless you spend a lot of time with them. I don't care to spend the time with them that it would take to make that distinction. One distinction would be that psychopaths and sociopaths lie just for the sake of lying, in situations where they achieve no real gain from people believing the lie.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
I had the misfortune of dealing with a girl who i'm 99% sure was a psychopath, bluepilled me was trying to get to know her and she Always seemed too good to be true, Always complimented me and made me feel great. This lasted for several months until her behavior changed drastically overnight, she got manipulative and used secrets that I had shared with her against me. For some obscure reason I still wanted her attention and it made Everything worse, she made me question my own sanity by gaslighting me and she even spread lies/half truths about me in school to turn people against me. I told people in school about her behavior but they just laughed and told me that there's no way that "quirky" girl was so mean, they claimed that she was the kindest person they had ever met. I was perplexed about how literally the whole school seemed to cherish her.

Shortly after I started reading online about manipulative people and it led to Reading about psychopathy, literally all the psychopathic traits was present in her behavior. I thought that it was interesting how individuals with zero empathy could fit in and even be acclaimed in their social circles without nobody noticing. I even wrote a 22 pages essay on psyhopathy in senior year of highschool because I found it so alluring after my experiences. I would've sent it to you so you could read it because it summarizes how psychopathy functions in society pretty well but it's in Swedish and it's on my other computer at my parent's house. Look up Dr. Robert Hare he is a prominent figure in this field.
Very true this nigga knows his shit. Its all about that

they're like a minority and most are in prison

you should be careful with narcissists not asocial „aspies“ who you think are potential serial killers because they look weird lmao

they're like a minority and most are in prison

you should be careful with narcissists not asocial „aspies“ who you think are potential serial killers because they look weird lmao
most are not in prison.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787