How does an acid attack destroy your facial structure to the point of disfiguration?

NodiN

NodiN

Bronze
Some people can look like this:

which is extremely decent as compared to this:

What differentiate those cases that causes inconsistency within acid survivors face?

• So Sad
Reactions: Allornothing and Xangsane

Brutal story. Even being an incel is miles better...

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, lightskinbengali, Crusile and 7 others

View attachment 2217814View attachment 2217816

View attachment 2217823View attachment 2217825

What differentiate those cases that causes inconsistency within acid survivors face?
Burns (acid/fire) can easily destroy the epidermal stem cell layer in your skin. The stem cells are the cells which infinitely divide to produce healthy skin in layers when functioning normally.
3329C4A7 22AF 48E8 9DCD 5A67FCA561AB

When this layer is destroyed by acid, it’s impossible for the skin to grow back and the body replaces it with a permanent layer of scar tissue which never regenerates.
0E7AE022 5647 4664 8DB6 DFD59CF3899F

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel, NodiN, Deleted member 28939 and 1 other person
I saw a girl that was engulfed by fire years ago after a car accident and her face was worse than the worst ones above. If you arent expecting to see that it jolts you for sure.

• +1
Reactions: Yuno_howitez
I saw a girl that was engulfed by fire years ago after a car accident and her face was worse than the worst ones above. If you arent expecting to see that it jolts you for sure.
Tbh i'm not bothered by the disfiguration or the gory part of it at all, but i'm very sensitive on knowing the aftermath of their lives, like how they react to it.

What really bothers me is KNOWING some acids/burns survivor couldn't take the fact that they're disfigured FOREVER , ergo knowing their live is over and decided to end it. That escalate and perfectly shows the magnitute of the situation on what will happen when your entire face is gone.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Allornothing and Lawton88
Tbh i'm not bothered by the disfiguration or the gory part of it at all, but i'm very sensitive on knowing the aftermath of their lives, like how they react to it.

What really bothers me is KNOWING some acids/burns survivor couldn't take the fact that they're disfigured FOREVER , ergo knowing their live is over and decided to end it. That escalate and perfectly shows the magnitute of the situation on what will happen when your entire face is gone.

It would be crazy if it was a real bad case. I couldnt imagine dealing with that if you are under 40.

I would Darth Vadermaxx

How unfortunate would that be if it happened to chads. In GTA ofc.

Burns (acid/fire) can easily destroy the epidermal stem cell layer in your skin. The stem cells are the cells which infinitely divide to produce healthy skin in layers when functioning normally.
View attachment 2219400
When this layer is destroyed by acid, it’s impossible for the skin to grow back and the body replaces it with a permanent layer of scar tissue which never regenerates.
View attachment 2219401
are you the new doctor in town
@Tony YO TONY

View attachment 2217814View attachment 2217816

View attachment 2217823View attachment 2217825

Probably the strength of the acids, in poorer countries there are less regulations and anyone can easily buy concentrated acids as cheap toilet cleaners for example, while in more developed countries they are highly regulated and cleaning solutions usually contain less dangerous substances.

• +1
Reactions: NodiN
Hoping medical advances can provide a solution for these people, what a horrible fate.

I think skin grafts can help a bit but it’s a hard process