How does excessive vertical height change the face from the front?

depressionmaxxing

depressionmaxxing

High IQ
Asking this to further understand posterior maxillary impaction for anterior open bite.

humble bumble bump

MF bumped after 1 minute.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, mtcut3plush, 5'7 zoomer and 3 others
Bump.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43403
makes it taller/longer, not necessarily bad

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 32669
makes it taller/longer, not necessarily bad
makes what exactly longer? how does impaction change face therefor?

@RealSurgerymax

double the bump double the power innit
Like a low inhib Chad

Df1y2bm 8ffaac41 915b 46c2 a737 88866f01fb3e

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
his midface will have more length vertically, often times the chin too a bit
so a gummy smile would express itself on making an vertical longer philtrum and a anterior open bite by increasing midface.

chin shouldnt be effected and if then only because of the cw rotation of mandible caused by the malocclusion.

how do you think would the soft tissue react as face gets smaller and its less stretched therefor? Im afraid it‘ll give a rouder face look like in this patient:

5C9D1979 CFE0 4CDD 8B74 E0326E9E84D0

the symmetry first of all was not fully corrected and now looks uncanny. Soft tissue got worse. changes seem to be underwhelming.

so a gummy smile would express itself on making an vertical longer philtrum and a anterior open bite by increasing midface.

chin shouldnt be effected and if then only because of the cw rotation of mandible caused by the malocclusion.

how do you think would the soft tissue react as face gets smaller and its less stretched therefor? Im afraid it‘ll give a rouder face look like in this patient:

View attachment 2457290

the symmetry first of all was not fully corrected and now looks uncanny. Soft tissue got worse. changes seem to be underwhelming.
yeah seems like that, u have sfs?

yeah seems like that, u have sfs?
no, did you even read my post? I have an anterior open bite, it elongates the face with vertical excess and.

Ah nah lmao just getting from a class 3 to normal will only have very very minor changes on soft tissue. It will neither give nor fix a gummy smile.

View attachment 2457290

This is why when Alfaro treats patients with long-face syndrome he tries to keep the face long, not necessarily giving them a ton of impactation and ccw because the soft tissue would be more compressed rather than stretched. He mentions this specifically in one of his videos.

I also suffer from an anterior open bite that will be corrected in the upcoming months. Until now I cannot speak from personal experience but according to my ortho it should help at giving me a better chin because currently it is not really protuding. Whenever the lips are not sealed it becomed better defined.

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
This is why when Alfaro treats patients with long-face syndrome he tries to keep the face long, not necessarily giving them a ton of impactation and ccw because the soft tissue would be more compressed rather than stretched. He mentions this specifically in one of his videos.

I also suffer from an anterior open bite that will be corrected in the upcoming months. Until now I cannot speak from personal experience but according to my ortho it should help at giving me a better chin because currently it is not really protuding. Whenever the lips are not sealed it becomed better defined.
posterior impaction is necessary to fix the malocclusion tho. I‘ve heard alfaro say that, but if you advance the face forward it should compensate for the soft tissue change.

Keep me updated on the surgery tho good luck!!

could give you a hooked nose
i already have a hooked nose, but the nose will uplift anyways after maxillary advancement

• +1
Reactions: jfbjfb
no, did you even read my post? I have an anterior open bite, it elongates the face with vertical excess and.
It elongates the lower facial height, if that's what you wanna know
Proportional measures Facial Index Proportion between upper facial height and facial

• +1
makes what exactly longer? how does impaction change face therefor?

@RealSurgerymax
It makes lower jaw and chin seem shorter. It doesn’t change the face much on its own.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back