How does face fat go away when you gain muscle?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
let’s say I weigh 200 pounds at 20% body fat and my face is bloated. I would have a lean muscle mass of 160 pounds.

If I gain 30 pounds of lean tissue I would be 230 pounds at 10% body fat and 207 of that would be lean tissue.

How does the face become lean if my overall fat has not decreased?

let’s say I weigh 200 pounds at 20% body fat and my face is bloated. I would have a lean muscle mass of 160 pounds.

If I gain 30 pounds of lean tissue I would be 230 pounds at 10% body fat and 207 of that would be lean tissue.

How does the face become lean if my overall fat has not decreased?
When u workout u lose water weight which gives ur face a more defined look but if u rehydrate the face becomes as it was

• Hmm...
Reactions: .*my*.
When u workout u lose water weight which gives ur face a more defined look but if u rehydrate the face becomes as it was
Even when I took creatine which retains water my face was much leaner even though before training my face was fat.

So how did the fat go away if I didn’t lose fat but only added muscle? Is it because my face added muscle?

Even when I took creatine which retains water my face was much leaner even though before training my face was fat.

So how did the fat go away if I didn’t lose fat but only added muscle? Is it because my face added muscle?
When you gain lean muscle mass, your body composition changes, and your overall body fat percentage decreases even if your body weight increases. This can result in a more defined and leaner appearance, including in the face.

Gaining lean muscle mass can result in a more defined and leaner appearance because muscle tissue is denser than fat tissue. This means that as you gain muscle and lose fat, your body takes up less space even if your weight stays the same or increases slightly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Elvisandreaa, Hmmf and 1 other person
Potentially improved insulin sensitivity, but otherwise face fat doesn’t go away when you gain muscle. It usually increases from bulking

• +1
Reactions: .*my*. and ItsOverCel
Face fat does not go away from gaining muscle, it goes away from losing body fat

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
Face fat does not go away from gaining muscle, it goes away from losing body fat
Is this Russian logic? When you gain muscle your body fat percentage goes down which means that everything is more defined, including your face

Is this Russian logic? When you gain muscle your body fat percentage goes down which means that everything is more defined, including your face
That’s dependent on the degree of your caloric surplus

• +1
That’s dependent on the degree of your caloric surplus
Yes many calories means that your body fat percentage will go up, but bottom line is that your overall body fat percentage matters for definition, not calories.

If you use good stack of gear and eat 4000 calories a day it’s possible not to gain any fat, which means increased definition because your overall muscle mass went up and fat stayed the same (in weight, not percentage).

Last edited:
Yes many calories means that your body fat percentage will go up, but bottom line is that your overall body fat percentage matters for definition, not calories.

If you use good stack of gear and eat 4000 calories a day it’s possible not to gain any fat, which means increased definition because your overall muscle mass went up and fat stayed the same (in weight, not percentage).
Sure you can recomp on gear and the right diet, he wasn’t disputing that. You said it yourself, your fat in weight stays the same, therefore the amount of fat on your face doesn’t change. He never mentioned body fat percentage, you did. So I’m not sure on what basis your disputing him when he says facial fat goes down when you loose fat because it’s 100% correct

• +1
Sure you can recomp on gear and the right diet, he wasn’t disputing that. You said it yourself, your fat in weight stays the same, therefore the amount of fat on your face doesn’t change. He never mentioned body fat percentage, you did. So I’m not sure on what basis your disputing him when he says facial fat goes down when you loose fat because it’s 100% correct
Only potential variable is if you’re doing chewing and you gain muscle mass in jaw/face, possibly making your face more defined

• +1
making your face more defined
Before I started lifting in 2020 I had facial fat and I gained fat while lifting, but my body fat percentage went down compared to muscle and my face became more defined.

So I know for a fact that your face gets leaner as your body fat percentage goes down (even if you gained fat). My only question is how does that happen?

Before I started lifting in 2020 I had facial fat and I gained fat while lifting, but my body fat percentage went down compared to muscle and my face became more defined.

So I know for a fact that your face gets leaner as your body fat percentage goes down (even if you gained fat). My only question is how does that happen?
Were you on gear?

• +1
Is this Western logic? Your body fat percentage goes down, but your overall fat remains the same, yet its nearly impossible to gain lots of muscle without fat, even on peds

• +1