how does mt2 cause acne scientifically?

PsychoDsk

PsychoDsk

Just a guy
apparently one of the sides is acne, anyone have any idea how mt2 causes this?

@Orc

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Solution
NZb6Air
Was waiting for a reply but since nobody is replying, I looked it up and it's cause MT2 also binds to MCR3 and 4 which have hormonal implications (MC1R is the melanin production)

Was waiting for a reply but since nobody is replying, I looked it up and it's cause MT2 also binds to MCR3 and 4 which have hormonal implications (MC1R is the melanin production)

Solution

thanks for being my google bhai :feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
melanocortin receptor 1 & 5 both regulate sebaceous gland differentiation and lipogenesis. Yes chronic usage of Melanotan 2 can cause acne/oily skin without a doubt.

Melanotan 2 is honestly riddled with problems and I've only just now come to realise this after being a user for 4-5 years, the melanocortin system is incredibly complex and agonising it 24/7 with mt2 is a recipe for disaster (anhedonia, appetite issues, acne, melasma, etc)

Melanotan 1 doesn't enter the brain (ideal) and is far more selective than MT2, meaning it doesn't cause nausea, dysregulated appetite and anhedonia. Oh and it doesn't touch MC5 so acne will never be an issue