How hard is a one arm pull up or chin up

MaestheticMaso

MaestheticMaso

Kraken
Right now I can hold one arm in a static position for a while. How hard is a one arm chin up or pull up.

Right now I can hold one arm in a static position for a while. How hard is a one arm chin up or pull up.
Without holding your wrist, it’s easy to do several when you’re holding it.

Apparently, you need to do 6 chin ups/pull ups at 50 percent your body weight before attempting this. So 42kg for 6 reps for me.
wdym 6 pullups with 50 percent your body weight

you mean additional weight?

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
hard i'm working towards it too but i just started training a month and a half ago i still have a long way

Some people seem to have a much easier time than others. I know dudes who can do it just from rock climbing, with no specific training for it. Whereas I have been rock climbing and doing weighted pullups for years and am not close.

• +1
Some people seem to have a much easier time than others. I know dudes who can do it just from rock climbing, with no specific training for it. Whereas I have been rock climbing and doing weighted pullups for years and am not close.
This skill is mainly about strength tbh. Just need to get stronger at the pull/chin up. What weight can you do on pull ups? It needs to be 50 percent of body weight for at least 6 reps before you have the necessary strength to do a one arm pull up or chin up.

This skill is mainly about strength tbh. Just need to get stronger at the pull/chin up. What weight can you do on pull ups? It needs to be 50 percent of body weight for at least 6 reps before you have the necessary strength to do a one arm pull up or chin up.
I'm kind of fat right now. I think my best strength to weight ratio was probably 145 pounds and then 50 added pounds for 6 reps. I could do somewhere in the 80 additional pounds for 1 rep. Although my pullup bar is a thick piece of PVC that isn't stationary, so it's a bit harder than a regular bar, and I also go from completely extended dead hang to chest touching the bar.

• +1
I'm kind of fat right now. I think my best strength to weight ratio was probably 145 pounds and then 50 added pounds for 6 reps. I could do somewhere in the 80 additional pounds for 1 rep. Although my pullup bar is a thick piece of PVC that isn't stationary, so it's a bit harder than a regular bar, and I also go from completely extended dead hang to chest touching the bar.
Aim for 72.5lb for 6 reps. Remember it’s for at least 6 reps, for most people, you will need to do like 10 before actually getting a single arm chin up or pull up without any help.

pretty hard

in my best times i could do 20 pullups at once or 45 in 3 sets and could barely do 1-2 one armed

• +1
pretty hard

in my best times i could do 20 pullups at once or 45 in 3 sets and could barely do 1-2 one armed
Would you say a front lever static hold is harder or doing a few one armed pull ups ?

Aim for 72.5lb for 6 reps.
Yeah, the thing is I've been stuck at this level for quite a while. I've tried all sorts of shit to get unstuck and nothing works. It's ironic because I have no problem progressing at anything else, even though I care far less about it, and sometimes just throw it in as an after thought after my climbing session.

• +1
Yeah, the thing is I've been stuck at this level for quite a while. I've tried all sorts of shit to get unstuck and nothing works. It's ironic because I have no problem progressing at anything else, even though I care far less about it, and sometimes just throw it in as an after thought after my climbing session.
Try to find what gives out first? Forearms, biceps or back?