how hard it is to become decently fluent in hindi?

D

Deleted member 26535

Silver
as everyone who keeps up with the world knows, we are max 3 decades away from india joining the elite club of global superpowers (uk, russia, china, some euro countries), so i m thinking it would be a neat advantage to know it, both professionally and privately

unfortunately, eastern cultures are pretty evidently btfoed by google's algorhythms, so you can't get as informed about it as you can about the west

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: RopeMaxxed, poopoohead, Deleted member 25715 and 5 others
accidentally posted in the wrong subforum

• JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 25938, MagaPutinism and 2 others
the immersion method. research it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26535
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 13787
Tried it and it didn't work.
I'm trilingual already so it's fine
So youre telling me you learned english like a tard in school? most people in europe learn english using immersion

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 17872
So youre telling me you learned english like a tard in school? most people in europe learn english using immersion
No, I tried it on Spanish. The thing with English is that it's culturally more relevant than Spanish in the modern 1st world (the part of the world that exports culture to the rest of the planet).
With English I did the immersion system naturally. I had to try that with Espanol.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
I had to try that with Espanol.
You did it wrong. The point is that you need to replace your regular every day entertainment, like books, news, tv shows, etc with ones in a foreign language. Although it might be good to have a very basic understanding of the bare basics of the language first. It shouldnt be forced though, you need to have a natural curiosity to discern the meaning of foreign words

• +1
Reactions: Hueless, Deleted member 25667, forevermirin and 1 other person
You did it wrong. The point is that you need to replace your regular every day entertainment, like books, news, tv shows, etc with ones in a foreign language. Although it might be good to have a very basic understanding of the bare basics of the language first. It shouldnt be forced though, you need to have a natural curiosity to discern the meaning of foreign words
Yes, I know how it works; I just couldn't replace the dominant English with Spanish that easily. Russian and English are well-established within our household, alongside Georgian, of course, but with Spanish, I couldn't find a place for it.
I bought 5 books, pirated a lot of films, subscribed to a lot of YouTube channels ALL in Spanish, but I couldn't get into it. The teacher at school sucked anyway.
Oh well, over for my future diplomatic immunity.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: gribsufer1, Rt-Rust1 and Deleted member 13787
proper hindi is one of the shittiest languages out there and no one even speaks it irl.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, lightskinbengali, blackpillerguy and 1 other person
cloUder

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25667, LiteralCaucasian and Deleted member 13787
Solid HTN

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead, gribsufer1, Deleted member 25938 and 5 others
spend a day in Canada

@Biggdink

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
so most of you just speak english or?
no, basically hindi is an artificial language - i dont know much linguistics terminology srry but the original language is "hindustani" which was a persianized version of the prakrits spoken in the areas around delhi.

then after india/pakistan became separate and tried forming their own hindu/muslim identities, they took "hindustani" and tried to formalize it in different ways - "hindi" replaced many persian words with sanskrit, "urdu" replaced some indic words with persian. literal retardation.

but yeah, the spoken language didn't change much - a person in delhi and lahore speak pretty much the same language, despite urdu and hindi in their pure forms being extremely different.

when i say no one speaks hindi, i mean no one speaks pure hindi.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26535
no, basically hindi is an artificial language - i dont know much linguistics terminology srry but the original language is "hindustani" which was a persianized version of the prakrits spoken in the areas around delhi.

then after india/pakistan became separate and tried forming their own hindu/muslim identities, they took "hindustani" and tried to formalize it in different ways - "hindi" replaced many persian words with sanskrit, "urdu" replaced some indic words with persian. literal retardation.

but yeah, the spoken language didn't change much - a person in delhi and lahore speak pretty much the same language, despite urdu and hindi in their pure forms being extremely different.

when i say no one speaks hindi, i mean no one speaks pure hindi.

Yeah, makes sense considering the size of the country

And lol at everyone making fun of mahabharatacels when italians will be trying to pass as indians way before 2050

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 17872
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26535 and Deleted member 17872
as everyone who keeps up with the world knows, we are max 3 decades away from india joining the elite club of global superpowers (uk, russia, china, some euro countries), so i m thinking it would be a neat advantage to know it, both professionally and privately

unfortunately, eastern cultures are pretty evidently btfoed by google's algorhythms, so you can't get as informed about it as you can about the west
You won't make it to 3 decades. Homosexuals have a short life expectancy.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26535 and Deleted member 17872
Learn Russian and or Chinese instead

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
Learn Russian and or Chinese instead

a lot of people are already studying russian, mandarin, japanese and arabic where i live, so there's nothing to gain

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
proper hindi is one of the shittiest languages out there and no one even speaks it irl.
Why? Technically it’s more precise than English.
Why self hate bro?
Ps a billion people speak it.

Although almost all Indians in the professional space know english, if you still want to learn there are many courses available online, on youtube or paid.

Why? Technically it’s more precise than English.
Why self hate bro?
Ps a billion people speak it.
its not self hate - the language i speak isnt really that close to pure hindi. in fact idk a single person who speaks pure hindi irl and im fairly certain you dont either. the language we speak is closer to hindustani which was spoken around delhi 3-400 years ago than it is to "pure" hindi taught in universities.

also, hindi being thought of as the main language of north india (or the hindi belt) ends up killing of a bunch of local languages like khariboli, haryanvi, braj, awadhi etc., since these languages dont get any official recognition.

you might be surprised to see that if you went 1 hour outside delhi to any village, you'll barely understand the language they're speaking - and yet officially they are hindi speakers who live in the hindi belt.

• +1
Reactions: Lynx and gribsufer1
the language i speak isnt really that close to pure hindi. in fact idk a single person who speaks pure hindi irl and im fairly certain you dont either. the language we speak is closer to hindustani which was spoken around delhi 3-400 years ago than it is to "pure" hindi taught in universities.
Such a dumb take homie,

OP is projecting India’s rise in the economic sphere and his need to learn a language to interact with Indians, so it’s very clear he’s asking about the same Hindi which is taught to us in schools, and that is a mix of Hindi and Urdu, aka Hindustani that is interchangeable with Hindi in the non-perfect world we live in.
He’s not gon ask about a language spoken in the 1600’s, but since Hindi is very obviously the dominating one in Hindustani, and is known as Hindi around the world, he’s going to ask by the term Hindi only. It may not seem self hate to you (although it still is to an extent), but definitely self hate in OP’s eyes.

This shit is basic asf man c’mon.

also, hindi being thought of as the main language of north india (or the hindi belt) ends up killing of a bunch of local languages like khariboli, haryanvi, braj, awadhi etc., since these languages dont get any official recognition.

you might be surprised to see that if you went 1 hour outside delhi to any village, you'll barely understand the language they're speaking - and yet officially they are hindi speakers who live in the hindi belt.
Hindi is not the reason behind the demise of any Indian language, rather speakers of concerned language are responsible for the irrevokable fate of their language. Due to intimidation of sheer importance of Hindi, people might perceive their language as futile and unwilling to pass their language to kids.

Similar case can also about made for english killing other languages but it’s not.

Now you just can‘t cry about not having investments from outside while not even trying to speak the languages the investor speaks, as in the case for speaking english to work in multinationals, similarly If a person in UP whose main language is Awadhi doesn’t get a job due to not knowing Hindi or Hindustani(will only call it Hindi from now jfl) as not everyone will know Awadhi in the company, he will try to learn Hindi and the pass on Hindi not Awadhi to his kids, the kids the grow up into adults and see the importance of english, pass english onto the next generation.

Works like that, Languages get killed all the time.

• JFL
Reactions: forevermirin
Such a dumb take homie,

OP is projecting India’s rise in the economic sphere and his need to learn a language to interact with Indians, so it’s very clear he’s asking about the same Hindi which is taught to us in schools, and that is a mix of Hindi and Urdu, aka Hindustani that is interchangeable with Hindi in the non-perfect world we live in.
He’s not gon ask about a language spoken in the 1600’s, but since Hindi is very obviously the dominating one in Hindustani, and is known as Hindi around the world, he’s going to ask by the term Hindi only. It may not seem self hate to you (although it still is to an extent), but definitely self hate in OP’s eyes.

This shit is basic asf man c’mon.
i dont care how op or you perceive my comments. i think hindi is a shit artificial language and thats that.

also op doesn't need to learn hindi to interact with indians jfl most indians are trying to learn english.
Hindi is not the reason behind the demise of any Indian language, rather speakers of concerned language are responsible for the irrevokable fate of their language. Due to intimidation of sheer importance of Hindi, people might perceive their language as futile and unwilling to pass their language to kids.
do you not realize your first 2 sentences contradict each other? hindi's importance is because of political reasons, and this is killing local languages in north india because they get classified as rural dialects of hindi (when they're unintelligible, separate languages). its really not that hard to understand.
Similar case can also about made for english killing other languages but it’s not.
try making a case bro you won't be able to.

what languages is english killing? no one in india grows up learning it as their first language.
Now you just can‘t cry about not having investments from outside while not even trying to speak the languages the investor speaks, as in the case for speaking english to work in multinationals, similarly If a person in UP whose main language is Awadhi doesn’t get a job due to not knowing Hindi or Hindustani(will only call it Hindi from now jfl) as not everyone will know Awadhi in the company, he will try to learn Hindi and the pass on Hindi not Awadhi to his kids, the kids the grow up into adults and see the importance of english, pass english onto the next generation.
yeah i dont think you understand.

hindi-speaking people learning english for work isn't the same as awadhi speaking people being told their language isn't even a language, just a rural dialect of hindi. they're told they speak a corrupt version of hindi - braj, khariboli etc aren't even recognized as languages. native speakers of these languages are counted in the census as hindi speakers.

imagine punjabis being told they just speak a version of hindi - and being taught hindi in schools as a first language because the government deems punjabi as too unimportant to be considered a language on its own.

if you don't see the problem with that, i can't help you.

Last edited:
i think hindi is a shit artificial language and thats that.
Self hating behaviour, serve your imperial masters as you want, Hindi is technically superior to other languages due to the sheer complexity of it’s Devnagri script.
Hindi is not an artificial language but an ConLang(Constructed language). Again you have you own opinions but they are not to be stated as facts please.
also op doesn't need to learn hindi to interact with indians jfl most indians are trying to learn english.
I already said that in a reply to OP.
do you not realize your first 2 sentences contradict each other? hindi's importance is because of political reasons, and this is killing local languages in north india because they get classified as rural dialects of hindi (when they're unintelligible, separate languages). its really not that hard to understand.
HIndi’s Importance for speakers to get work —> Speakers try to learn Hindi and pass it down rather than their own language —> Their local language is destroyed.

What‘s the blame to hindi?, What should we do try to make Hindi less influential, So OP how you gon go from one state to another in search of work like many do?, Don’t niggas got to interact w eacho other for work, dumbass?

How do languages die? They die when people stop using them. But most people don’t just stop speaking their native language. It’s more complex than that. More often, they’re either pressured or forced to do so. One example is when people move to a different country. They’re often pressured to speak the area’s dominant language instead of their own. This leads many immigrants to stop using their native language. They might not even teach it to their children. Slowly, the native language dies out.

In other cases, people are forced to stop speaking their language. For many years, the United States, Canada, and Australia forced children from Indigenous cultures to live in residential schools. At these schools, the children had to learn English. Adults punished the children when they spoke their native languages. This traumatized the children. That trauma still affects Indigenous peoples today, and many indigenous languages are extinct because of these actions.

Language shifts happen throughout history as one tongue overtakes another. For example, in the UK, the shift from Cornish to English has been occurring for decades, and continues today.

Across the globe, Mandarin is becoming the dominant language all across China, except in the trade cities of Hong Kong and Kowloon, where Cantonese is spreading rapidly.

Farther into history, after the Greeks conquered most of the known world, the Greek language spread—and a common form, koine Greek, containing many words borrowed from the conquered cultures, became the common language of the Greek empire.

As a result, the more formal Attic Greek dialect became rare and is now only found in ancient writings. Koine Greek is closer to the modern Greek language spoken today.

According to the National Geographic Society, out of more than 7,000 languages spoken on our planet, a language dies every two weeks, ceasing to be actively spoken. That means there are many languages going extinct even as you read this article.
try making a case bro you won't be able to.

what languages is english killing? no one in india grows up learning it as their first language.
Yes English is killing off other languages where it’s nationalised(even more nationalised than Hindi), but cannot blame the English to be a language killer, world is changing and those who couldn’t survive die out, same theory goes for the languages also. While on the other hand people are very critical of the growing usage of English. A section of people also see it as a means of connecting cultures and promoting globalization.
We also have people criticizing the growing usage of English language .As Nicholas Ostler founder of endangered languages [ELF] said “English is killing off scores of minority languages in its wake to spread, with English creeping in among younger generations everywhere as the language of mass communications and symbol of progress minority regional languages are becoming increasingly difficult to accommodate”.
Marc Ettlinger PhD linguistics UC, Berkeley had also quite the same opinion. He says often Languages associated with a nation state kill minority languages as a function of Nationalized school where success is determined by knowing the dominant language. Also in Centralized government dominant language is crucial to finding a job. Social pressure to fit in with what everyone is doing. Urban migration and many other reasons.

Fortunately in India government does promote other languages also. But by default nowadays the main language seems to be either Hindi or English.
Because of English becoming a global language as well as important for getting a job. What mostly people think is that English is just a requirement in this globalized world. It makes us a global player. It makes us versatile. One definitely needs to adapt to it.
yeah i dont think you understand.

hindi-speaking people learning english for work isn't the same as awadhi speaking people being told their language isn't even a language, just a rural dialect of hindi. they're told they speak a corrupt version of hindi - braj, khariboli etc aren't even recognized as languages. native speakers of these languages are counted in the census as hindi speakers.
I already explained this.
Hindi or English do not pose a threat to any local language. Languages evolve and many languages die too. But it's basically the function of a language (to communicate.) which is the cause of their deaths. If I wont speak my mother tongue, whose fault is it? My mother's or the language's, which I speak instead?
imagine punjabis being told they just speak a version of hindi - and being taught hindi in schools as a first language because the government deems punjabi as too unimportant to be considered a language on its own.
Punjabi is being taught in schools in Punjab, you’re delusional to get your point across, get your facts right first.
Help yourself, I’m not engaging anymore to correct you self hating and delusional views.
English kills languages the same as Hindi does, but that is only because the people leave their native language for work.
Try asking for a job in Delhi while speaking Marathi or Awadhi, boom, no job 4 u, learn hindi, get the job, become experienced, try to get even better job, you can’t, have to speak english, learn it, get the better job, have kids, they grow up in an english speaking enviornment, this becomes more intense over generations and finally you have a generation the does’t know Hindi let alone their native language.
This happening in mass, Language killed NIGGER.

Punjabi is being taught in schools in Punjab, you’re delusional to get your point across, get your facts right first.
Skimmed thru that essay, thankfully this part told me what i needed to know about your reading comprehension. It's shit.

Maybe reread what I wrote a few times it might make sense.

• Ugh..
Reactions: alpha
kys greycel fag

Skimmed thru that essay, thankfully this part told me what i needed to know about your reading comprehension. It's shit.

Nigger read the entire essay, low attention bitch, Through that line I was stating your claim that Punjab Gov thinks Punjabi is not important. They are reading Punjabi in schools and is very prevalent in their culture still. Moreover what you said about Punjabi being a form of hindi is also incorrect, Punjabi and Hindi are both derive from Sanskrit. Hindi is not being told as their first langauge in Punjab, it is Punjabi only, nigger faggot, now read the entire reply if you want to discuss, not this shitting nigger ass replies bitch ass faggot, having an attention span of a black nigger chipmunk that you are, fucking greycel. Reply on the points I made in my essay, but you can’t cuz you’re wrong and delusional asf. Prove me wrong. Or kys.

0088A021 D381 48BB 9352 5FB47CFD04E4 17285BBA A2DF 42DC 9F4C 97C6D135A9B2
Now respond to my essay, not as a bitch skimming through it and not replying to the full essay.

There are far better languages to learn

Imagine someone coming to your home and realizing your default language on all apps/software on your devices is set to hindi

Lmfao

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787

There is no problemn in that because that’s where the government intervenes and makes punjabi mandatory, but it’s bad for the punjabis only who are seeking to get work in delhi and mumbai.
On a larger scale of time Punjabi won’t matter anymore, we already have all the languages logged into the computers so there’s no worry of losing a language, so Punjabi won’t be lost, but if still is there, it will only cause problems to the population that speaks it, I’m not anti-Punjabi culture or language, but just making a point that if and Englishmen like OP who would be speaking Hindi when he learns it, will just find it difficult that there is a local language in each state and he cannot get his views across easily, and that result was opposite of what he expected when he learn’t hindi. One world language’s pro’s far outweigh the cons, and no language is getting killed as long as it is logged into the Internet with translations.
its not self hate - the language i speak isnt really that close to pure hindi. in fact idk a single person who speaks pure hindi irl and im fairly certain you dont either. the language we speak is closer to hindustani which was spoken around delhi 3-400 years ago than it is to "pure" hindi taught in universities.

This is the problem,
That’s why the jews are imposing english everywhere, we should push Hindi As primary and english as secondary, make sanskrit a tertiary, so that we control the narrative not them(they are evil).
Awadhi isn’t a language, it’s a dialect of Hindi and most people understand that. Nobody is using that as an insult for a person who speaks Awadhi.

People in power, in this case the jews, are actively trying to push english so that they control the narrative as they control the meaning of English through Oxford etc. and so that they can influence more masses.
That’s why we should push Hindi atleast in India so that they don’t influence our masses. Make hindi primary and english secondary, Sanskrit tertiary ig.

Languages get killed all the time, in older times they couldn’t be stored, but now-a-days, no languages or dialect is there that is not logged onto the internet or isn’t spoken by a bi or multi-lingual person. That’s why we should impose Hindi in India With english as secondary.
Maybe there comes a time when west falls maybe a nuclear war with russia, at that time, we shall destroy everyone in the west, and when the nuclear winter is gone, shall impose hindi and sanskrit.
Ignore last past turned into a fever dream.

That’s why we should push Hindi atleast in India so that they don’t influence our masses. Make hindi primary and english secondary, Sanskrit tertiary ig.
@forevermirin and this is exactly why I tried to change your viewpoint towards Hindi in the first place.

What is the problem?