How I diagnosed bad lifestyle/mewing mistakes and how you can fix yours

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
I will explain my story of my improper mewing + lifestyle in this thread because its useful to get my thoughts down and share my story.

All my life I was a side sleeping, always sleeping on left side. This is okay in general if you sleep like this:

see how the arm isnt under the teeth and how his shoulders are in normal position. Properly supporting the neck also helps you mew all night long in proper mewing position

sleeping on side is best in my opinon. with back sleeping if you do it right its okay but its not good since you can accidently mouth breath and not mew properly. You must not sleep with arm resting on mouth or side of face, only sleep with hand reseted on temporal bone.

"There are numerous varieties of wrong pillowing habits. Perhaps the most common is illustrated in Figure 1, where the wrists and forearm are placed between pillow and cheek. This habit presses in all the upper teeth from the canine back, producing the typical cross-bite. When the hand alone is employed, the malocclusion is limited to fewer teeth, principally molars and bicuspids. In rare cases the child may suck the thumb or finger of one hand andrest its face on the back of the other, which produces constriction of the upper jaw on one side and an arrangement of incisors to accommodate the thumb.
QRCiNg1OYgo1J1cBanVJXW3cbJN4DQp8oOgmFmelwojK6dNSAiOKYXQc4x2zr08d5f9y599Bo6XUWfJ6oGWKZgRRbQH2MkT54dAS8pOTu4ibDc-Yf0xn7lDU3pRUAQY-wF30CWsI

(read all of it at: https://looksmax.org/threads/guide-...d-causes-symptoms-solutions-prevention.475255)

You don't achieve proper tongue position. the back of the tongue will put more pressure upwards and on left side palate expanding it. The central/tip of tongue will put more upwards pressurse on right side and the front teeth.

This will result in left side of teeth being more sunken in, the right side of teeth being at a steeper angle. something like this:

The arrow shows tongue pressure.

You can also do this for yourself. get a paper, fold it and bite down on it. You see how left side of my plate is bigger, this results in left side of my jaw being more wider than right.

This is my teeth, you see how the left canine is more inwards, this is because the tip of my tongue wasn't supporting it and only supporting right side. All because of my improper sleeping position.

Also note how the left side of my teeth is higher up. This was caused by me chewing more on right side as a result of a tight right neck.

Negative canthal tilt I think is caused by improper mewing position. For me my left eye is postively tilted, whereas my right side is not. This was caused by me not putting pressure equally on back of mouth, which again was caused my a tight right neck.

My left eye has a shorter PFL than right side. This again is caused by me not chewing more on left side, since the temporal muscle lengthens the PFL or orbital I think.

You can also check your occlusal plane angle (determines how downgrown you are) by taking a side profile picture in the frankfurt plane (slight chin tuck essentially) and smiling. Open up photoshop and measure the angle like this:

I only measured my right side but I know that my left side (the side I chewed less on) will have a higher angle (15 degrees). This angle should ideally be 0 degrees but up to 5 degrees is fine. average is 7 degrees.

My next steps are getting a proper ct scan done (cephalometric and a 3d cbct scan) to properly assess how downgrown I am and the extent of my assyemtries. I will try see if any orthodontic appliances will fix since it is a slight asymmetry.

I have now fixed my lifestyle. Started sleeping like this:

with a pillow on knees to support hips, proper spine position, relaxed shoulder. You can also sleep on back but the best way IMO is to sleep like how our ancestors did:

This combined with regular stretching, active lifestyle, chewing equally will I think slowly fix these asymmetries over time. However part of me thinks at my age of 20, this is too late to remodel bone, fix NCT etc. but it will still fix my teeth. Only thing I can do is get bimax and fix the down growth, and asymmetries both at same time. Or I can fraud with implants but that is shit and doesn't fix the main issue.

TLDR: sleep properly, stretch and live active lifestyle, chew hard foods, do proper mew position. if old get cbct or ceph scan and get bimax if assyemtries/downward growth are a major concern of yours.

Attachments

• 1696300364560.png
    1696300364560.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1696300593742.png
    1696300593742.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, andothamando, greycel and 1 other person
I compiled all this info from this website. I have been on my looksmax journey since last month and have learnt a ton. I will ascend soon to chadlite hopefully

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: kanvii and LooksThinker
Well done grey, you’re a good goy.

• +1
Reactions: adi7474, LooksThinker and bobsmith03
Well done grey, you’re a good goy.
thanks. I think I do need to bite the bimax bullet since my occlusal plane is 8-13 degrees from ideal. This will also make my mandible to floor angle 25 deg => 17-12 degrees which looks a lot better and less downgrown. I found that implants are super shit and only good for upper maxilla since who tf will get a lefort 2/3

Also for context since I have been mewing all my life with tip of tongue, I have a okay maxilla forward growth/ccw. It's just the back of tongue mewing I have been neglecting which led to shit forward growth of mandible.

I think strengthening the tongue is also legit and essential for properly engaging back of mouth to palate. Knowing all this information has been super good since when I have kids in future they will have proper sleep position, mew, chew hard foods.

Retarded thread

Nigga really used a looksmax.org post as a source as if it was some scientific article :lul:
aha it was a good post so I just included it here.

Nigga really used a looksmax.org post as a source as if it was some scientific article :lul:
@Xangsane is more reliable than my local meteorologist

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: hopecel, schizo echochamber and Xangsane
Sleeping on your side will cause asymmetry though

Yeah, my left eye always been NCT and my right PCT since I was like 5 years old
By NCT you mean neutral or negative ? And you're being sarcastic I suppose or you really know that you always had this asymmetry ?
When I say caused by genes I don't mean that environment doesn't have any impact. It s just that if you have clear negative on both eyes then that's because of your genes (and womb nutrition). If you have for example one positive and the other neutral then it s possibly environment based (like a lot of asymmetries seem to be).

By NCT you mean neutral or negative ? And you're being sarcastic I suppose or you really know that you always had this asymmetry ?
When I say caused by genes I don't mean that environment doesn't have any impact. It s just that if you have clear negative on both eyes then that's because of your genes (and womb nutrition). If you have for example one positive and the other neutral then it s possibly environment based (like a lot of asymmetries seem to be).
Oh no, I meant Neutral. But yeah most things are caused by envirorment and I'm not being sarcastic. I've looked at photos of young me when I was like 5 years old. One eye was slightly positive and the other was neutral, almost positive.

I’m 14 and I have the same problems like one side of my jaw being a bit more downgrown,better pfl in one eye etc.do u think correcting my lifestyle habits will reverse the damages done to my face?