How I fixed my chronic muscle and joint pain, sun intolerance/heat rash and fatigue, improved my seborrheic dermatitis and reset my alcohol tolerance

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Late thread because my network hasn’t been working lately but this is what I did:

1. Thiamine

I’ve been megadosing thiamine HCL for a couple of months and recently added benfotiamine as well, but thiamine HCL has been more effective for me personally. 100-200 mg (that is thiamine itself) per day after a meal. Quickly helped with my muscle twitching and rigidity. I could relax better after a stressful day and my sleep improved tremendously. After a while, my alcohol tolerance started to drop significantly. I used to average a fifth of vodka, a bottle of wine and several pints of beer per night, almost every day, if I could afford it. Now I’m off the hard liquor and get a buzz from a couple of beers again. Planning on further cutting down on alcohol. My mental clarity has improved and after a couple of months, my sun intolerance was gone. I used to get a terrible heat rash and itch all over my body when it was sunny outside or when I’d be sweating. Now I can spend hours in direct sunlight. I also don’t burn anymore. Which brings me to

2. Sunlight

Since restoring my thiamine levels has enabled me to get those sunrays on my skin again without itching, I’ve been trying to have at least two intense sunbathing sessions per week. Needless to say that sunlight is essential for us. My skin got better, my life-long seborrheic dermatitis has dramatically improved, I have much more energy, my sleep has gotten deeper, I’m calmer, more stress-tolerant and less inhibited and my overall mental health is just way better compared to what it was when I was rotting inside all day long.

3. Minerals

Absolute game changer for my chronic muscle pain. I used to be sore for days after just going for a walk. Like getting hit by a truck. I was feeling like an 80 yo grandpa and blamed it on aging and the after-effects of botulinum toxin-related nerve damage. It was so bad that I suspected I might have CFS or fibromyalgia. Turns out I had been lacking electrolytes for a long time, especially potassium, calcium and magnesium. I introduced organic blackstrap molasses into my daily diet (or coffee). 1-2 tablespoons per day. Blackstrap molasses are rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, chromium and manganese. I also drink mineral water with high calcium and magnesium occasionally and it’s working wonders for my muscles. Minerals are essential for proper nerve and enzyme function. I can be physically active now and feel fine the next day with little to no soreness, like when I was a child. I’m going to make my own electrolyte blend consisting of calcium & magnesium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and potassium citrate and drink it throughout the day to stay properly hydrated and keep a decent supply of electrolytes. Properly balanced and way cheaper than the crap you can buy.

4. Methylfolate

I’m taking 400 mcg of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate per day. MTHF acts as an antioxidant that inhibits BH4/tetrahydrobiopterin breakdown, which is an essential cofactor for the tyrosine and tryptophan hydroxylase enzymes, which are the rate-limiting steps in the synthesis of dopamine and serotonin. After reincorporating quatrefolic back into my daily regimen, my anhedonia has lifted and I’m feeling more balanced mentally. I made a thread on methylfolate a while back: https://looksmax.org/threads/the-missing-link-in-depression-anhedonia-and-low-dopamine.712288/

MTHF supplementation is pointless when you comsume a lot of greens through your diet, which are naturally rich in it, but since my diet consists mainly of meat and eggs, it’s definitely helping and will probably be a long-term staple for me, just like thiamine. There are no sides either.

There’s this debate on supplements and I agree that most supplements are indeed just cope for most people. Vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids are massively overhyped. Protein powder/amino acids, collagen and sports supplements in general are absolutely useless and nobody needs to take zinc or iron. But one thing that literally everybody with any kind of chronic condition should be taking in my opinion is thiamine. I see all these people with multiple sclerosis and chronic fatigue/myalgic encephalomyelitis using massive doses of vitamin D as part of the coimbra protocol who are not getting better. Some even develop kidney stones and end up worse. Many of them would greatly improve with thiamine. Also a water filtering system, sunlight, minerals (preferably through wild herbs), keto diet, fasting and in some cases even nicotine.

Nobody is born with MS, ME/CFS, Parkinson’s, diabetes or alzheimer’s. They’re just given the wrong advice. They’re prescribing heavy pharmaceutical drugs for conditions that can literally be prevented or cured with nicotine alone. Such as Parkinson’s, dementia and IBD. Even schizophrenia, MS and osteoarthritis can be greatly improved with nicotine. Even infections with certain variants of covid-19, as ridiculous as that may sound. Which is why the smoke-free policy has been installed and as a result, the prevalence of these diseases has risen significantly. So they could push their drugs and make money off the chronically ill. The two most effective natural remedies for a wide range of diseases known to man are literally tobacco and coffee and they’re trying everything in their power to get us off of them through fearmongering, contamination with toxic chemicals or by raising prices and taxes.

Tl;dr: Thiamine, sunlight, minerals

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • So Sad
Reactions: DalitBoss, JohnDoe, coxel and 5 others
Late thread because my network hasn’t been working lately but this is what I did:

1. Thiamine

I’ve been megadosing thiamine HCL for a couple of months and recently added benfotiamine as well, but thiamine HCL has been more effective for me personally. 100-200 mg (that is thiamine itself) per day after a meal. Quickly helped with my muscle twitching and rigidity. I could relax better after a stressful day and my sleep improved tremendously. After a while, my alcohol tolerance started to drop significantly. I used to average a fifth of vodka, a bottle of wine and several pints of beer per night, almost every day, if I could afford it. Now I’m off the hard liquor and get a buzz from a couple of beers again. Planning on further cutting down on alcohol. My mental clarity has improved and after a couple of months, my sun intolerance was gone. I used to get a terrible heat rash and itch all over my body when it was sunny outside or when I’d be sweating. Now I can spend hours in direct sunlight. I also don’t burn anymore. Which brings me to

2. Sunlight

Since restoring my thiamine levels has enabled me to get those sunrays on my skin again without itching, I’ve been trying to have at least two intense sunbathing sessions per week. Needless to say that sunlight is essential for us. My skin got better, my life-long seborrheic dermatitis has dramatically improved, I have much more energy, my sleep has gotten deeper, I’m calmer, more stress-tolerant and less inhibited and my overall mental health is just way better compared to what it was when I was rotting inside all day long.

3. Minerals

Absolute game changer for my chronic muscle pain. I used to be sore for days after just going for a walk. Like getting hit by a truck. I was feeling like an 80 yo grandpa and blamed it on aging and the after-effects of botulinum toxin-related nerve damage. It was so bad that I suspected I might have CFS or fibromyalgia. Turns out I had been lacking electrolytes for a long time, especially potassium, calcium and magnesium. I introduced organic blackstrap molasses into my daily diet (or coffee). 1-2 tablespoons per day. Blackstrap molasses are rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, chromium and manganese. I also drink mineral water with high calcium and magnesium occasionally and it’s working wonders for my muscles. Minerals are essential for proper nerve and enzyme function. I can be physically active now and feel fine the next day with little to no soreness, like when I was a child. I’m going to make my own electrolyte blend consisting of calcium & magnesium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and potassium citrate and drink it throughout the day to stay properly hydrated and keep a decent supply of electrolytes. Properly balanced and way cheaper than the crap you can buy.

4. Methylfolate

I’m taking 400 mcg of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate per day. MTHF acts as an antioxidant that inhibits BH4/tetrahydrobiopterin breakdown, which is an essential cofactor for the tyrosine and tryptophan hydroxylase enzymes, which are the rate-limiting steps in the synthesis of dopamine and serotonin. After reincorporating quatrefolic back into my daily regimen, my anhedonia has lifted and I’m feeling more balanced mentally. I made a thread on methylfolate a while back: https://looksmax.org/threads/the-missing-link-in-depression-anhedonia-and-low-dopamine.712288/

MTHF supplementation is pointless when you comsume a lot of greens through your diet, which are naturally rich in it, but since my diet consists mainly of meat and eggs, it’s definitely helping and will probably be a long-term staple for me, just like thiamine. There are no sides either.

There’s this debate on supplements and I agree that most supplements are indeed just cope for most people. Vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids are massively overhyped. Protein powder/amino acids, collagen and sports supplements in general are absolutely useless and nobody needs to take zinc or iron. But one thing that literally everybody with any kind of chronic condition should be taking in my opinion is thiamine. I see all these people with multiple sclerosis and chronic fatigue/myalgic encephalomyelitis using massive doses of vitamin D as part of the coimbra protocol who are not getting better. Some even develop kidney stones and end up worse. Many of them would greatly improve with thiamine. Also a water filtering system, sunlight, minerals (preferably through wild herbs), keto diet, fasting and in some cases even nicotine.

Nobody is born with MS, ME/CFS, Parkinson’s, diabetes or alzheimer’s. They’re just given the wrong advice. They’re prescribing heavy pharmaceutical drugs for conditions that can literally be prevented or cured with nicotine alone. Such as Parkinson’s, dementia and IBD. Even schizophrenia, MS and osteoarthritis can be greatly improved with nicotine. Even infections with certain variants of covid-19, as ridiculous as that may sound. Which is why the smoke-free policy has been installed and as a result, the prevalence of these diseases has risen significantly. So they could push their drugs and make money off the chronically ill. The two most effective natural remedies for a wide range of diseases known to man are literally tobacco and coffee and they’re trying everything in their power to get us off of them through fearmongering, contamination with toxic chemicals or by raising prices and taxes.

Read every word + Bookmarked
Will buy mineral water and blackstrap molasses right now.
Do further research on Thiamine, and see if it is what I've been missing
Thank you so much for this thread OP. Tag me in all future threads 👊 😎

Out of curiosity, wouldn't sunlight have a net negative than positive given its effects on skin collagen/elastin and hyperpigmentation or permanent tans?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Out of curiosity, wouldn't sunlight have a net negative than positive given its effects on skin collagen/elastin and hyperpigmentation or permanent tans?
I was wondering the same, what does OP think about sun exposure, and can you prevent aging, oxidative damage with antioxidants.

The picture below is antioxidant cycle when it comes to sun exposure:

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe and greycel
3. Minerals
Forgot to add that I also started using a salt blend which has a sodium and potassium chloride ratio of 1:1. Reduced water retention. Cutting down on sodium is bad, especially for people who are physically active or sweat a lot. Instead, try increasing your potassium intake to balance Na and K (unless you have kidney disease)

Just listen to your body. It'll let you know when you got enough. Only stay in the sun for as long as it feels comfortable. Also make sure to stay hydrated. Sunbathing will primarily deplete water and sodium. I don't believe in permanent tans. Your melanocytes may get more efficient at producing melanin with repeated sun exposure, but no suntan is permanent. UV-A acutely increases oxidative stress and free radicals in your skin, which is healthy in reasonable doses. Only an excess that your body can't handle will cause skin damage. You can increase your antioxidant intake and also use astaxanthin if you're worried.

• +1
Reactions: greycel
haven’t personally needed b1 supplementation but this guy is a great resource on the topic

Good thread! What are your thoughts on sunscreen and is it actually healthy? homemade sunscreen with natural ingredients, lycopene to prevent sun-damage, something to prevent getting a tan?

Good thread! What are your thoughts on sunscreen and is it actually healthy? homemade sunscreen with natural ingredients, lycopene to prevent sun-damage, something to prevent getting a tan?
Why would you want to prevent getting a tan?

1. Thiamine

2. Sunlight

3. Minerals

4. Methylfolate

I made a very similar post a while back, I have since made some minor adjustments to my diet but you will find my story interesting. Great information in your last paragraph btw(y):feelsmage: