How I fixed my sleep in a few days...

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Back story
Always had shit sleep on average got 4-5 hours of sleep then on the weekends I would sleep 10+ hours to make up for it.

Main steps to take in order of importance:

Sunlight everyday ideally early in the morning
Ideally you should try to wake up between 6-8 am the best thing to do when you wake up is to go outside for 20-30 minutes in the sun first thing. This helped me a lot it resets your circadian cycle if you spend all day inside your brain does not know how long you have been awake for so you won't get tired after 16 hours of being awake. Being outside first thing in the morning not only wakes you up but gives your body a time period for when it should produce sleep hormones.

No sun exposure/blue lights 1-2 hours before bed.
The first one is the most important but if you have to have a screwy schedule (where you sleep in the day) make sure you are getting no sunlight 1-2 hours before bed. Also electronics can simulate sunlight and have similar effects so no electronics one hour before bed.

No food or stressful activities 3 hours before bed
Do not eat food 3 hours before bed or do anything super stressful like an intense workout.

Make sure you are cold
Make sure you are cold when going to bed the ideal temperature was stated to be 64 degrees. Try to have as minimal clothes as possible boxers and socks and you should be slightly cold. A good way to make yourself cold before bed is to make yourself super warm (like a warm bath or a slight walk) then when you take off your clothes your body will become cold because it was just hot a minute ago.

Reduce stress with music and weighted blankets
I already mentioned stress is bad for sleep. Weight blankets are good way to reduce stress they stimulate the feeling of being cuddled. Or if you aren't an incel skin to skin cuddling reduces stress too. Another thing that helped was music like piano music that reduces stress I listen to the same song 30 minutes before sleep.

If you can't sleep because your mind is racing get up and walk or read
If you are laying in bed for more then 30 minutes get up and walk or read nothing too stimulating but laying in bed when you are not tired can increase stress usually your mind wants to do something. So walk or read.

How to have higher quality sleep(mouth taping)
More isn't always better I've fallen asleep for 12 hours after drinking too much and it was as if I never slept at all. Try to avoid alcohol even though it will help you sleep the quality of sleep would be the same as less then 3 hours of sleep. Also do not mouth breathe when sleeping make sure you tape your mouth if you are prone to snoring (if this is bad enough look into sleep apnea or airway appliances) breathing disordered sleeping can turn 9 hours of sleep into 2 hours. 3 hours of purely nasal breathing sleep for me is superior to 10 hours of mouth breathing/snoring sleep. Whenever my nose is too stuffy I have shit sleep.

Last tips
Supplements can help melatoinin is great but you do become tolerant its mainly good for building up a new schedule if you sleep similar times everyday you naturally produce it around evening so only do this for the first week of building it then go off it or wean off it. Another thing is magnesium I've found eating bananas helps if your low in magnesium it can cause sleep issues. Last tip is do not leave major things undone if you try to sleep and you didn't do your HW or you have something bothering you sometimes it makes more sense to finish it or study until you become tired. If you have a test and can't sleep study until you fall asleep just make sure your not using a laptop with bluelight to study. These things helped me to get 7 hour on average sleep

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Fiqh, Annihilator, Indo_Chad and 3 others
Just smoke weed

Just smoke weed
Weed is similar to alcohol for sleep. I could drink 5 beers before going to sleep but the quality you lose doesn't make up for easier sleep.

I've heard weed gives you shit sleep in the long run. Easy fixes like this usually reduce the quality of sleep.

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and tryingtoascend22
Weed is similar to alcohol for sleep. I could drink 5 beers before going to sleep but the quality you lose doesn't make up for easier sleep.

I've heard weed gives you shit sleep in the long run. Easy fixes like this usually reduce the quality of sleep.
Idk man I sleep really good

Also barely any sunshine in winters

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Deleted member 11126
Idk man I sleep really good

Also barely any sunshine in winters
Yeah winter is tough although keep in mind even on a cloudy day tons of sunlight still gets through you don't need much to tell your body its daytime.

I've actually gotten sun burnt skiing before. If your outside for 20 minutes in the morning even on a cloudy day your body still can tell its daytime. If its too cold to even go outside then you can buy red light therapy device which mimics the sun.

Slept 4 hours between the day until 6pm, uglymug literally fell asleep on discord when we where watching a movie at midnight. I keep staring at my laptop 24/7, I need to quit.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Deleted member 11126
Slept 4 hours between the day until 6pm, uglymug literally fell asleep on discord when we where watching a movie at midnight. I keep staring at my laptop 24/7, I need to quit.
Just get up earlier tomorrow go outside in the sun then do not touch your laptop one hour before bed and take melatonin do this for a week straight and you will have normal sleep most likely

• +1
Reactions: Fxdzcki