How I reset my insane alcohol tolerance

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Daily heavy drinking made me extremely deficient in thiamine (vitamin B1). Lucky me still had a bottle of thiamine HCL lying around which I hadn’t touched in years. One month into replenishing my thiamine levels, my alcohol tolerance has dropped significantly. On top of that, my sleep improved significantly, I’m mentally sharper and lactic acid buildup in my muscles is clearing much faster. Before that, simply going for a walk or doing the groceries would leave me sore and exhausted for days. I could down a bottle of whisky and a case of beer in a single night no problem, which is not normal. Especially considering I’m a slim person who eats one meal a day max. I wouldn’t even feel the alcohol if I didn’t drink on empty stomach.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/0...ly-increases-alcohol-tolerance/8557479019600/

tl;dr: Alcohol tolerance is inversely related to thiamine status

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940, BrahminBoss and n0rthface
So having thiamine makes it easier to get drunk?

Also which form of thiamine gets into the brain the best. Thiamine mononitrate, how is that?

Stop drinking incel

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
sugar also depletes thiamine, try using benfotiamine, u need lower doses and it enters the BBB in higher amounts

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
So having thiamine makes it easier to get drunk?

Also which form of thiamine gets into the brain the best. Thiamine mononitrate, how is that?
No, it’s more like a thiamine deficiency makes you less receptive to the intoxicating effects of alcohol, most likely due to neurological damge. Considering alcohol is a neurotoxin, heavy regular drinking will damage your nervous system and reduce the responsiveness to that toxin. In other words, increases in alcohol tolerance can be viewed as a marker for neurological damage

Last edited:
sugar also depletes thiamine, try using benfotiamine, u need lower doses and it enters the BBB in higher amounts
I will get benfotiamine soon and am well aware of the improved bioavailability. But even plain thiamine HCL has done wonders in a short amount of time, which shows just how much I had messed myself up with drinking… And yes sugar will increase your needs for B1 and I‘m eating mostly protein and fat. Interestingly, heavy drinking kills your appetite for sugar and vice versa. A coincidence? I don‘t think so, The body is incredibly smart

@Seth Walsh

I also haven‘t had the spins in over a year. Now I‘m dizzy as heck after just a bottle of white wine and a beer. As if my alcohol tolerance went back to what they were 2 years ago. This is legit

How much would you say you were drinking everyday before you reset your tolerance? At my worst I was drinking 1.75l a day of shit vodka (like Georgi or some shit) not even good stuff like Titos.

dont quit cold turkey u will die go to a doctor under a fake name if u ahve to

• +1
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth
How much would you say you were drinking everyday before you reset your tolerance? At my worst I was drinking 1.75l a day of shit vodka (like Georgi or some shit) not even good stuff like Titos.
If I could afford it, a fifth of vodka, 1-2 bottles of wine and beer. Sometimes more. It's been mostly a question of money and the motivation to get more booze, but I could drink anyone under the table. Even if you buy the cheapest stuff, drinking at that level is gonna drain your wallet

dont quit cold turkey u will die go to a doctor under a fake name if u ahve to
I've temporarily 'quit' several times. Gone days, weeks and even months without drinking. I'm well aware of the risks such as DT and seizures, but luckily, I haven't had to go through that. That's probably because I haven't been able to afford being intoxicated 24/7 (probably a good thing)

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser
This is legit. My tolerance keeps dropping. The difference is night and day

Daily heavy drinking made me extremely deficient in thiamine (vitamin B1). Lucky me still had a bottle of thiamine HCL lying around which I hadn’t touched in years. One month into replenishing my thiamine levels, my alcohol tolerance has dropped significantly. On top of that, my sleep improved significantly, I’m mentally sharper and lactic acid buildup in my muscles is clearing much faster. Before that, simply going for a walk or doing the groceries would leave me sore and exhausted for days. I could down a bottle of whisky and a case of beer in a single night no problem, which is not normal. Especially considering I’m a slim person who eats one meal a day max. I wouldn’t even feel the alcohol if I didn’t drink on empty stomach.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/0...ly-increases-alcohol-tolerance/8557479019600/

tl;dr: Alcohol tolerance is inversely related to thiamine status
stop drinking