How I'm Beating Acne and How You Might Be Able to Too

qwertynineofive

qwertynineofive

Cool hand in a cruel world.
To Preface: I've been suffering from Grade 1 acne since the age of about eleven and Grade 3 - 4 since about 16/17 (currently 20). Used Accutane for ten months at age 18; worked wonders but acne returned a few months later though admittedly to a lesser degree.

My current routine is essentially the same as Epiduo Forte (Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide solution) only on fucking steroids.

(1) Every morning I apply 10% Benzoyl Peroxide gel to my face.

(2) Every night I apply 0.5mg Tretinoin to my face.

That's it. Both are very high strength so be careful if you decide to follow this routine too. Never apply Benzoyl Peroxide gel anywhere near your eyes. If you are new to both treatments at this strength, start with tretinoin alone for at least three months or at least until your purging stage is over (dry skin and irritation).

I also use a very thick moisturiser (Cerave Moisturising Cream) daily and have to top up at times throughout the day to combat dryness and irritation though this will subside. As well as this I also obviously use a cleanser (Cerave Foaming Cleanser) twice a day, an acid exfoliant once a day (Cerave Blemish Control Gel) as well as some Hyaluronic Acid serum and an eye cream.

My skin currently has no major acne because of this routine.

Btw, if you use Minoxidil, don't let it come in contact with your Benzoyl Peroxide gel on your face as it will turn yellow. If this happens though, you can just wash it off, it won't dye your skin.

And if you shave, be sure to apply Benzoyl Peroxide gel to your face after as an antibacterial agent, followed by a moisturiser. (Cheers to @pneumocystosis for that godly tip)

Hope this helps some people

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, lost222, pneumocystosis and 1 other person
What was your accutane dose and when did it start to work? I'm almost done with month 3 on 80mg and although a few nodules are gone its still very patchy.

Tretinoin gave me dry eyes and I blink like a retard now, fyi. Idk if it's permanent I've stopped using it for a couple months now and it barely got better.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
What was your accutane dose and when did it start to work? I'm almost done with month 3 on 80mg and although a few nodules are gone its still very patchy.
went from 20mg to 30mg to 40mg by month 3 and then stayed on that dosage. Took the entire 10 months for my acne to be completely gone.

Tretinoin gave me dry eyes and I blink like a retard now, fyi. Idk if it's permanent I've stopped using it for a couple months now and it barely got better.
I've been using high dose tret for years. Hasn't done me any harm. Perhaps you never got through your purge stage?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
I've been using high dose tret for years. Hasn't done me any harm. Perhaps you never got through your purge stage?
idk anon, it's either that or finasteride idk which one caused it. But just be careful and never put in under ur eyes

idk anon, it's either that or finasteride idk which one caused it. But just be careful and never put in under ur eyes
I'm on fin and tret. I apply it under my eyes every day. Most people who use it do. No issues.

• +1
Reactions: Maalik
I'm on fin and tret. I apply it under my eyes every day. Most people who use it do. No issues.
How long has it been? I got symptoms 5 months in for both.

Also how much did Benzoyl Peroxide help you?

7 months on finasteride, over a year in tretinoin.

Benzoyl peroxide is a game changer, but never let it get anywhere near your eyes

Just go on accutane you stupid grey and you can stop wasting money on 99% of your skincare cope products...

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
clindamycin phosphate pairs with benzoyl peroxide well for spot treatment but requires prescription as well. good skincare and diet > accutane because it’s permanent and doesn’t fuck up every other aspect of your life

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES
clindamycin phosphate pairs with benzoyl peroxide well for spot treatment but requires prescription as well. good skincare and diet > accutane because it’s permanent and doesn’t fuck up every other aspect of your life
Will look into it. I don’t require a prescription for anything skin related I use as I moved to Spain a year ago and all of it is over the counter

Will look into it. I don’t require a prescription for anything skin related I use as I moved to Spain a year ago and all of it is over the counter
Ah good for you lol. one thing is tho that because i have a prescription they mix them together which is nice. i also have a niancinamide, azelaic acid, and .05% tret blend which is a godly skincare cream 😂

im taking 10mg and my grade 3 acne has gone i have some PIE left only my 2nd month and same age as u

Ah good for you lol. one thing is tho that because i have a prescription they mix them together which is nice. i also have a niancinamide, azelaic acid, and .05% tret blend which is a godly skincare cream 😂
Fucking jealous

• +1
Reactions: awesomemc101
im taking 10mg and my grade 3 acne has gone i have some PIE left only my 2nd month and same age as u
I would go back on accutane only my skin isn’t bad enough anymore to warrant a prescription and also it didn’t work for me after one cycle, don’t see why it would after a second

I would go back on accutane only my skin isn’t bad enough anymore to warrant a prescription and also it didn’t work for me after one cycle, don’t see why it would after a second
how were your accutane sides

miring im on 80mg and i still have a ways to go
yeah i had been on other topiclas for 2 years i think my hormones are also stabilizing now

most useless advice you can find with one google search. Or literally any dermatologist in USA

Dnr, just inject accutane intravenously

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
Been on accutane twice, acne returned both times after stopping. The routine listed here is less than half the price of accutane

Been on accutane twice, acne returned both times after stopping. The routine listed here is less than half the price of accutane
COPE COPE COPE, accutane is cheap AF if you buy from an underground lab

To Preface: I've been suffering from Grade 1 acne since the age of about eleven and Grade 3 - 4 since about 16/17 (currently 20). Used Accutane for ten months at age 18; worked wonders but acne returned a few months later though admittedly to a lesser degree.

My current routine is essentially the same as Epiduo Forte (Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide solution) only on fucking steroids.

(1) Every morning I apply 10% Benzoyl Peroxide gel to my face.

(2) Every night I apply 0.5mg Tretinoin to my face.

That's it. Both are very high strength so be careful if you decide to follow this routine too. Never apply Benzoyl Peroxide gel anywhere near your eyes. If you are new to both treatments at this strength, start with tretinoin alone for at least three months or at least until your purging stage is over (dry skin and irritation).

I also use a very thick moisturiser (Cerave Moisturising Cream) daily and have to top up at times throughout the day to combat dryness and irritation though this will subside. As well as this I also obviously use a cleanser (Cerave Foaming Cleanser) twice a day, an acid exfoliant once a day (Cerave Blemish Control Gel) as well as some Hyaluronic Acid serum and an eye cream.

My skin currently has no major acne because of this routine.

Btw, if you use Minoxidil, don't let it come in contact with your Benzoyl Peroxide gel on your face as it will turn yellow. If this happens though, you can just wash it off, it won't dye your skin.

And if you shave, be sure to apply Benzoyl Peroxide gel to your face after as an antibacterial agent, followed by a moisturiser. (Cheers to @pneumocystosis for that godly tip)

Hope this helps some people
i once got benzoyl peroxide in my eyes. did burn for a bit

benzoyl vs clindamcyin? and also benzoyl/ clindamycin only effective for bacterial acne right? not hormonal (on the cheeks) ?

benzoyl vs clindamcyin? and also benzoyl/ clindamycin only effective for bacterial acne right? not hormonal (on the cheeks) ?
I’m yet to use clindamycin. Benzoyl is effective on hormonal acne too, just not as much. Remember that the cause of acne is bacteria feeding on sebum on the face and clogged pores. So less bacteria at all = less acne. Gonna start using niacinamide too to regulate sebum production.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
I’m yet to use clindamycin. Benzoyl is effective on hormonal acne too, just not as much. Remember that the cause of acne is bacteria feeding on sebum on the face and clogged pores. So less bacteria at all = less acne. Gonna start using niacinamide too to regulate sebum production.
to unclog pores i use azelaic and im also using tret, im not a teenager so it might be bacterial and not hormonal (but im fat and am probably not hormonally 100 percent and hormonal seems to be on the cheeks while bacterial on the chin and forehead so idk). Idk if I should use these i rember benzoyl stinging a bit. I also have some PIH, might end up adding in glycolic acid or vitamin C. Thoughts? do you think i should try clinda/ benzoyl?

to unclog pores i use azelaic and im also using tret, im not a teenager so it might be bacterial and not hormonal (but im fat and am probably not hormonally 100 percent and hormonal seems to be on the cheeks while bacterial on the chin and forehead so idk). Idk if I should use these i rember benzoyl stinging a bit. I also have some PIH, might end up adding in glycolic acid or vitamin C. Thoughts? do you think i should try clinda/ benzoyl?
Pm a pic and I can give some advice if you want