How important is the medial canthus

NarrowBones

NarrowBones

Ogre rat twink
I think having a long defined medial canthus is a nice halo in pictures but irl I don’t even really notice people’s medial canthus that much mainly only their overall eye shape/spacing. Can you still have a top tier eye area with a mid medial canthus?

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon and poopoohead
Difference between an everyday chad and a model. @julianchicago

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger, poopoohead, chosen-one and 2 others
has some minor impact on the tilt of your eyes, mine would be neutral rather than positively tilted if I didn't have a downturned canthus.

it's one of those things that impacts shape even though you can't really tell why.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger, reaper2, schizo echochamber and 2 others
Difference between an everyday chad and a model. @julianchicago
Bc people still say my eye shape is good despite my medial canthus being shorter/more rounded

3682127 15

• +1
Reactions: chosen-one, BrahminBoss and HarrierDuBois
2015795 C8E0E53E 5000 488F 8322 3B38648A913C

• +1
Reactions: chosen-one and BrahminBoss
I always loved Ian’s eye area idk why
because he has higher arched eyebrows which makes his eye area seem less intimidating.

+ dark dense lashes.

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
Dmc is a rare trait

because he has higher arched eyebrows which makes his eye area seem less intimidating.
Is that a good thing? Or does it just depend on facial harmony

1519974 1570319891494

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: soover4me and chosen-one

+ dark dense lashes.
I have similar eyebrow shape to ian

I have a long medial canthus thats why my eye area looks slightly better but otherwise its normie tier tbh

Is that a good thing? Or does it just depend on facial harmony
.org would argue it's bad, I argue it's good in most cases because most men their faces by default lean towards masculine and this is one of those features that does a really good job at balancing out facial characteristics.

as striking as low set eyebrows might look on photos, it makes you look extremely unapproachable.
I have similar eyebrow shape to ian
looks good even though they're on the border of being negatively tilted.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger, IndraBC and inwardgonionscel
.org would argue it's bad, I argue it's good in most cases because most men their faces by default lean towards masculine and this is one of those features that does a really good job at balancing out facial characteristics.

as striking as low set eyebrows might look on photos, it makes you look extremely unapproachable.

This is mine
20231020 220939

• So Sad
Reactions: sportsmogger
arch creates the illusion that they're not as negatively tilted as they are.
Can u tell me if my medial canthus is ok or not in dms

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
Can u tell me if my medial canthus is ok or not in dms
your eyes are fine your face just leans too heavily towards masculine and you don't look very approachable as a result, you already knew this.

it's fine if you're NT, but neither of us is, so ideally we want to be perceived as friendly so other people go out of their way to interact with us rather than the other way around.
So my eyebrows are negatively titled?
they're positively tilted.

poor ms paint illustration but arches create the illusion that they're not as tilted as they actually are, your eyes would look far droopier if you had straight brows so you're actually lucky they're not straight.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: schizo echochamber, IndraBC, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
your eyes are fine your face just leans too heavily towards masculine and you don't look very approachable as a result, you already knew this.

it's fine if you're NT, but neither of us is, so ideally we want to be perceived as friendly so other people go out of their way to interact with us rather than the other way around.

View attachment 2502539
View attachment 2502546

poor ms paint illustration but arches create the illusion that they're not as tilted as they actually are, your eyes would look far droopier if you had straight brows.
Should I open my eyes more to look more feminine instead of squinting

View attachment 2502539
View attachment 2502546

poor ms paint illustration but arches create the illusion that they're not as tilted as they actually are, your eyes would look far droopier if you had straight brows so you're actually lucky they're not straight and low.
Someone told me that my nct comes from a droopy lower eyelid on the outer part of my eye and lower eyelid retraction surgery would fix it and give me neutral tilt and I do not need canthoplasty is this true?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and IndraBC
Someone told me that my nct comes from a droopy lower eyelid on the outer part of my eye and lower eyelid retraction surgery would fix it and give me neutral tilt and I do not need canthoplasty is this true?
it's not caused by that, the corner of your eye is clearly visible.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IndraBC and Napoleon1800
there isn't a problem you don't need a solution, your eyebrows balance is out to some extend which prevents it from looking worse.
Well imagining I had the resources and the desire to actually fix my nct what surgeries would solve it?

Well imagining I had the resources and the desire to actually fix my nct what surgeries would solve it?
I'm also asking this to just have more an understanding on the eyes

you could do canthoplasty to create the illusion that they're neutrally tilted by targeting the outer part but the risk to reward ratio is not there since there's no actual problem.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
you could do canthoplasty to create the illusion that they're neutrally tilted by targeting the outer part but the risk to reward ratio is not there since there's no actual problem.
20231020 225011
20231020 225031

This is me pushing up the lower eyelid.

Looks shit; medial canthus is too prominent, your LATERAL canthus is far more important.
I have this failo; a slightly downswung medial canthus, but it’s wide and prominent; ideally, you have a very vertically short, yet very downswung, medial canthus, with perfectly developed supraorbitals that are well supported by infras that give your lateral canthus an additional few mm; it is the secret ingredient to any eye area. It means you can pull off any hair style, eclipses shitty lower thirds etc.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
Looks shit; medial canthus is too prominent, your LATERAL canthus is far more important.
I have this failo; a slightly downswung medial canthus, but it’s wide and prominent; ideally, you have a very vertically short, yet very downswung, medial canthus, with perfectly developed supraorbitals that are well supported by infras that give your lateral canthus an additional few mm; it is the secret ingredient to any eye area. It means you can pull off any hair style, eclipses shitty lower thirds etc.
Show example pic

Negatively tilted ? The fuck u saying