How impressive is a 200 kg deadlift at 65 kgs?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod/chef of the Narcy pirates 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
Staff
My friend did it. I even have the video. Is it impressive? My another 90 kg friend deadlifted 330kgs. Which is more impressive?

@ConfusedBolivian

My friend did it. I even have the video. Is it impressive? My another 90 kg friend deadlifted 330kgs. Which is more impressive?
Both are impressive af rbh, but 330kgs at 90kg is more impressive for sure, they strong as hell

• +1
Reactions: buflek and Jason Voorhees
I'm 80 kg and I can deadlift 100kg on first ever try. I would say it is pretty impressive. There's a site which let's you see in which percentile you are in terms of strength. Look it up and post it here.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and ConfusedBolivian
Jfl gymcels. 65kg assuming he’s a 5’4 nanomanlet. Imagine coping with weights

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Skywalker, scrunchables and Jason Voorhees
  • +1
Reactions: ConfusedBolivian
  • +1
It's impressive at a local gym and respectable in the powerlifting world, but not really anything special. 330kg at 90kg is way more impressive.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and ConfusedBolivian
It's impressive at a local gym and respectable in the powerlifting world, but not really anything special. 330kg at 90kg is way more impressive.
Exactly i say the same

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
No point in doing 1 rep max its just dumb and like stroking your own dick

• +1
330 is mad strong

• +1
I am 65kg and do 150kg leg press x10 reps. But its my maximum and I feel crunchy afterwards

• +1
damn they strong asf, are they roiding or sum?

• +1
330kgs is unreal, is that true?

• +1
I am 65kg and do 150kg leg press x10 reps. But its my maximum and I feel crunchy afterwards
Leg press is much easier tho. It is on slope so you don't feel thr full weight. How much can you squat and deadlifts

• +1
The 330 kg guy is definitely roiding I'm pretty sure. He's the state champion lifter but I don't think that 200 kg deadlift guy is roided. He looks natty no? @ConfusedBolivian
Yeah the 5'9 guy is natty for sure

• +1
The 330 kg guy is definitely roiding I'm pretty sure. He's the state champion lifter but I don't think that 200 kg deadlift guy is roided. He looks natty no? @ConfusedBolivian
330kg even on roids is still mad impressive, that's like 730lbs

Leg press is much easier tho. It is on slope so you don't feel thr full weight. How much can you squat and deadlifts
Its 150kg of plates only without the machine weight.

Tbh i dont squat nor deadlift, tried nailing the form for my first year and na half of lifting and they always felt like shit. So i stopped and still getting gains

• +1
Its 150kg of plates only without the machine weight
Tbh i dont squat nor deadlift, tried nailing the form for my first year and na half of lifting and they always felt like shit. So i stopped and still getting gains
In a leg press the weight is at a slope at an angle. What you lifted is Mgsin theta(Actual weight you moved) not mg( weight of the plates). So you moved around 106 kg not 150kgs on the leg press machine. Tbh I dont recommend the leg press machine. Do hack squats instead if you don't like doing conventional barbell squats.

• +1
Reactions: Sny
In a leg press the weight is at a slope at an angle. What you lifted is Mgsin theta(Actual weight you moved) not mg( weight of thr plates). Ypu moved around 106 kg not 150kgs on the leg press. Tbh I dont recommend thr leg press machine. Do hack squats instead if you don't like doing conventional bar squats.

View attachment 2765182
Yea ive been working on hack squats as an alternative to leg press. But my quads burn like crazy on leg presses so i like it.
Tbh idc about weight as long as i feel the burn just wanted to flex a bit

• +1
In a leg press the weight is at a slope at an angle. What you lifted is Mgsin theta(Actual weight you moved) not mg( weight of the plates). So you moved around 106 kg not 150kgs on the leg press machine. Tbh I dont recommend the leg press machine. Do hack squats instead if you don't like doing conventional barbell squats.

View attachment 2765182
I escape math by logging onto org. And then I see these Humpty Dumpty letters. Unfortunate

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger

View attachment 2765182
Do you play the saxophone during your belly rubbing session with @Blackgymmax ?

• JFL
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
Very impressive if they have a wide range of other physical skills like being able to run fast and do a lot of pullups. Autism if ego powerlifting is the totality of their exercise routine. Doing heavy deads all the time becomes counter productive past 2x/2.5x your body weight because you are building bone mass onto your spine which reduces your mobility.

Last edited:
  • +1

View attachment 2765182
TLDR: More range of motion = more distance to carry weight meaning harder to do. Basic principles of physics dictate that the less ROM you have the more you can lift. Which is why shorter individuals are typically stronger "pound for pound".

• +1