How in the world do you manage having dry, prone to acne skin?

Z

Zain202

Iron
I've had this annoying skin problem since I was a teen, and I'm still not any closer to understanding it. Rich creams and multiple layers of hydration that sooth my dry skin will inevitably irritate my acne, and light moisturisers and other acne treatments like Tret from skinorac that don't irritate or harm my acne will exacerbate my dry skin. It's really such a puzzling situation, and I have no idea how to adequately treat one of the illnesses without upsetting the other. Any advice?

the sooner you low dose accutane the sooner you will thank yourself

• +1
Reactions: Alt
You need to stop believing the skincare meme

I've literally used every product and spent thousands from tret to every high end product out there. All made my condition worse.

The most important things you need to do is change your diet, drink lots of water, and you need to do something that makes you sweat/exercise. And stick with basic products -- less is better.

All I use is goat milk bar soap (handmade from a farm, not mass produced in factories), aveeno body lotion, sunscreen, and derminator II for micro needling. My skin has never been better.

Last edited:
the sooner you low dose accutane the sooner you will thank yourself
and yeah, you should visit a dermatologist and get on accutane asap if it's cystic and showing potential for bad scarring

I've had this annoying skin problem since I was a teen, and I'm still not any closer to understanding it. Rich creams and multiple layers of hydration that sooth my dry skin will inevitably irritate my acne, and light moisturisers and other acne treatments like Tret from skinorac that don't irritate or harm my acne will exacerbate my dry skin. It's really such a puzzling situation, and I have no idea how to adequately treat one of the illnesses without upsetting the other. Any advice?
Good diet

Kys

You need to stop believing the skincare meme

I've literally used every product and spent thousands from tret to every high end product out there. All made my condition worse.

The most important things you need to do is change your diet, drink lots of water, and you need to do something that makes you sweat/exercise. And stick with basic products -- less is better.

All I use is goat milk bar soap (handmade from a farm, not mass produced in factories), aveeno body lotion, sunscreen, and derminator II for micro needling. My skin has never been better.
what do you recomend for acne scars after accuatne?

what do you recomend for acne scars after accuatne?
It depends on the type of scar you have whether its boxcar, icepick, etc.

But get the derminator 2 which causes 0 micro tearing unlike derma stamps, derma rollers. Tons of threads on it on here and Astrosky has a guide on it on YouTube

PRP, chemical peels may also help but ask @AlexBrown84 he's more well-versed in this stuff