How many days of not lifting BUT still eating protein until you start losing muscle?

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
i think its extremely hard to lose muscle because its one of the last things ur body uses for energy, ur sugar and fat will take weeks to burn

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6695, Tyronecell, ALP and 7 others
i think its extremely hard to lose muscle because its one of the last things ur body uses for energy, ur sugar and fat will take weeks to burn
Thanks for the serious reply bro

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ALP, toth77 and ShowerMaxxing
don't fast

I made that mistake years ago

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell, ALP, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
agree
don't fast

When I involuntarily fasted for more than week I've lost a ton of muscle and I am still not able to regain it

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell, Baldingman1998, Hero of the Imperium and 6 others
don't fast

LOL SAME, never water fasting again in my fucking life. I do IF fast though, eat all my calories in the morning. Haven't lost any muscle at all only fat.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
agree

When I involuntarily fasted for more than week I've lost a ton of muscle and I am still not able to regain it
You're talking about water fasting right?

agree

fasting destroys the thymus gland before bodily tissue

I'm certain my liver stores are still fucked at the moment

You're talking about water fasting right?
No, I consumed like 250-500 calories a day but still was losing weight very fast as well as muscle. I regained my strength fast though, but not muscle

LOL SAME, never water fasting again in my fucking life. I do IF fast though, eat all my calories in the morning. Haven't lost any muscle at all only fat.
I wouldn't even recommend IF either because that's mainly what I was doing and it's just as catabolic

No, I consumed like 250-500 calories a day but still was losing weight very fast as well as muscle. I regained my strength fast though, but not muscle
Nvm, you just ate very low amount of calories. I did the same thing one year, lost a shit load of muscle and stayed at a high bodyfat percentage. It was a complete mess. (no lifting at all and getting no protein in either).

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I wouldn't even recommend IF either because that's mainly what I was doing and it's just as catabolic
Nah, you're bugging if you think IF makes you lose muscle. Do your research, i've done OMAD and IF and haven't lost any muscle at all and my bodyfat percentage is going down. As long as you get your calories that you need and your protien + lifting you will be fine.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
Nah, you're bugging if you think IF makes you lose muscle. Do your research, i've done OMAD and IF and haven't lost any muscle at all and my bodyfat percentage is going down. As long as you get your calories that you need and your protien + lifting you will be fine.
Copenhagen

Dry fasting is insanely good
Good luck. that's all I can say

Good luck. that's all I can say
Idk why you're wishing me good luck, you don't know what you're talking about if you think IF burns muscle. do your research

Idk why you're wishing me good luck, you don't know what you're talking about if you think IF burns muscle. do your research
that's fine

If is legit, I used to do it, lost about 2kg in a month, problem is I can't handle it right now because I need to eat 180g of proteiN while in a deficit which means I'm drinking a lot of shakes, which just isn't possible in a short, 4hr window sadly

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Hozay
I haven’t eaten in 36 hours hours am I gonna die

As long as you dont lose the weight you maintained while training you will be good

• +1
Reactions: Hozay
i believe 2 weeks

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Hozay and goat2x
Its not whether your body uses it for energy lel its whether you gave them stress to maintain themselves, like 3 weeks , very minimal doe, if ur planning to take a break for a long time use sum body weight shit its actually easy to gain back muscle anyways

• +1
agree

What about musle memory?

agree

Involuntary? Were you lost in the wilderness

IIRC according to Greg Nuckols' writeup it's about 2-3 weeks if you stay active (do other sports) and eat at maintenance with sufficient protein

• Love it
It depends on the person, I barely lost any of my size during the pandemic with the gyms closed, but I sure lost some strength.

What about musle memory?
Muscle memory only affected my strength which returned fast, but according to dexa scan, even after 3 months I wasnt able to return all my muscle mass. Maybe because I wasnt eating enough

• JFL
Reactions: Pietrosiek
Muscle memory only affected my strength which returned fast, but according to dexa scan, even after 3 months I wasnt able to return all my muscle mass. Maybe because I wasnt eating enough
Dexa scan is the nr1 bullshit. There are cases of people getting way better physiques and getting way stronger while dexa scan shows they they gained fat and lost musle. Just lol at anyone that belives in dexa scans

Nvm, you just ate very low amount of calories. I did the same thing one year, lost a shit load of muscle and stayed at a high bodyfat percentage. It was a complete mess. (no lifting at all and getting no protein in either).
I told you that would happen but you ignored my advise. Fasting= lose muscle and not fat

• +1
Dexa scan is the nr1 bullshit. There are cases of people getting way better physiques and getting way stronger while dexa scan shows they they gained fat and lost musle. Just lol at anyone that belives in dexa scans
Idk, I trust dexa scales in my gym, because if I make measurements frequently the changes in values are small and quite predictable.
Man, I've lost 7 kilos and regained only 2 so far. Do you really think I have returned all my muscle? According to dexa scan, I have now 1 kg less muscle, 1 kg less water and 3 kgs less fat than I used to have before that big weight loss. And this is all after 2 months of me trying to bring back my gains

• +1
Thanks bro i was thinking about this whole time.

According to biology a muscle needs around 6 Sets per week to be maintained

i believe 2 weeks
There is no "muscle loss countdown". If you are fasting and losing weight extremely fast, you will be put into a catabolic state from the first day and start losing muscle immediately.

There is no sense in the words that muscle is the thing that your body spares and starts breaking down only after a lot of time of fasting. Muscle isn't just an energy source, muscle tissue consumes a lot of calories. When fasting your body is trying to reduce energy expenditure, and reducing muscle tissue is one of the ways to do it. You can't prevent it

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Exactly 36.2 days, 5.819 hours, 41 minutes, 84.25839274693784669209 seconds and 638 milliseconds for every single person, regardless of sex, age, height, weight, health, physical activity, stress levels, sleeping habits and FFMI. After that, everyone will lose exactly 9.5287731 grams of muscle per day in the first week, with a gradual increase in the rate of lean tissue loss of exactly 2.581% per week until it becomes a constant function with no further slope at week 23. Since humans are robots and everyone is exactly the same, this applies to every human being on the planet.

From experience: a little bit after 1 month, a lot after 2 months. The more time away from the gym, the faster the degradation of muscle.

source: Coov lockdowns.

Idk, I trust dexa scales in my gym, because if I make measurements frequently the changes in values are small and quite predictable.
Man, I've lost 7 kilos and regained only 2 so far. Do you really think I have returned all my muscle? According to dexa scan, I have now 1 kg less muscle, 1 kg less water and 3 kgs less fat than I used to have before that big weight loss. And this is all after 2 months of me trying to bring back my gains
does your physique looks like u gained the musle back? thats all that does matter, nobody gives a fuck about some scans. Look in the mirror and judge yourself. Also if u regained your strenght then propably u the musle is back there as well

does your physique looks like u gained the musle back? thats all that does matter, nobody gives a fuck about some scans. Look in the mirror and judge yourself. Also if u regained your strenght then propably u the musle is back there as well
I think I did in the upper-body, but not in the legs because I stopped training them

• +1