How much can finasteride help me?

Deleted member 1560

Deleted member 1560

Defying destiny every minute
B6D121E1 6A93 4CFC AF46 FCD5D039DFBE

ignore my naturally big forehead, as you can see my hair density and thickness is great but my temples look like they recorded a bit. I tried looking at my younger pics and my hairline looks that way in those, so I can’t really tell if it’s my natural hairline or I receeded since I was young. If I started using fin now, how much would it help my temples considering I am not worried about hair density .

Arent you asian?
Also fin usually doesnt promote hair growth.
If you want to regrow your temples you are going to need minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1560 and Artemide
check your family history

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1560
fin doesn't recover lost hair. At best it can save hair that is already miniaturized

its for prevention of further hairloss

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer, Incoming, Seth Walsh and 2 others
  • Hmm...
Arent you asian?
Also fin usually doesnt promote hair growth.
If you want to regrow your temples you are going to need minoxidil
Yes I am but Asians also suffer from hair loss

check your family history
My dads father is bald but my moms father is perfect NW0 till he died, my dad isn’t bald but he is NW 3 and my brother is NW 2 And he is 26 rn

zero

• WTF
fin doesn't recover lost hair. At best it can save hair that is already miniaturized

What can I do to treat temple hairloss then?

pfff this bullshit again. there are tons of b/a pics showing new hair growth even on the old males.

• +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Artemide
If I could do that then I wouldn’t be asking for fin here tbh
I am just telling you what to do to get more hair in your temples tbh. Fin is to prevent it from going worse mostly. Minox will have subpar results at best compared to a hair transplant.

HT is what you want

• +1
if you have thick hair like my you are a very good candidate for ht. a ht on you will make you look like you never had hairloss to begin with

• +1
pfff this bullshit again. there are tons of b/a pics showing new hair growth even on the old males.
yes it works wonder at the crown but you are delusional if you think that only finasteride can regrow the hairline. at most it will grow some vellus that will never become terminal tbh

• +1
if you have thick hair like my you are a very good candidate for ht. a ht on you will make you look like you never had hairloss to begin with
I am 19 right now, still live with my parents and I have a social circle. I can’t reckon to go to my friends bald with a freshly transplanted hair and my friends ask me why my hair looks funny :feelsbadman:

I am 19 right now, still live with my parents and I have a social circle. I can’t reckon to go to my friends bald with a freshly transplanted hair and my friends ask me why my hair looks funny :feelsbadman:
Dude, who the fuck cares? Ascension or death

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser and Deleted member 1560
yes it works wonder at the crown but you are delusional if you think that only finasteride can regrow the hairline. at most it will grow some vellus that will never become terminal tbh
hairline yeah, it's problematic.

• +1
Reactions: Artemide
you wear hats/caps. I am in my mid20s and lots of guys are hiding their receeding hairlines with caps to look more young lol. can do the same to hide HT

• +1
What if I never had hair in my temples in the first place?

you are high iq, is fin good?

edit: clicked your link
If you get side effects then no, if you don’t get side effects then yes

• +1
What if I never had hair in my temples in the first place?
i have the same situation in the sense that i was born with a high hairline. So after comparing different techniques to solve the problem, as hairline lowering, i decided i'll do ht. I am on medications (finasteride 6 days week,duta 1 day) as a preventive measure since in any case after a ht the doctor want you to use them to prevent a ridicolous look in case you will lose the hairs behind the transplanted ones

• +1
i have the same situation in the sense that i was born with a high hairline. So after comparing different techniques to solve the problem, as hairline lowering, i decided i'll do ht. I am on medications (finasteride 6 days week,duta 1 day) as a preventive measure since in any case after a ht the doctor want you to use them to prevent a ridicolous look in case you will lose the hairs behind the transplanted ones
What’s your age?

you are high iq, is fin good?

edit: clicked your link
No I’m anti-fin now after years of looking into it.

DHT is way way more important than I had once thought and it has been shown in many cases that very low DHT levels caused by the 5ar inhibition from fin causes irreversible depression and penile shrinkage in some men.

Check out studies about natural DHT/T ratios. Asian men have the lowest ratio, and they usually appear to be the least masculine.

In contrast, African American men have the highest natural DHT levels out of any race of men.

Male Pattern Balding is a genetic disorder and I made a thread 2 years ago explaining and illustrating the whys and hows (Wnt pathway).

Lowering DHT just lowers the amount of hair you lose in the catagen and telogen phases of the hair cycle. Fin does nothing to increase anagen (growth phase) activity or even extend the anagen phase.

Rate of hair loss is simply due to the imbalance of activity overtime between anagen <-> catagen/telogen phases.

If your Wnt target genes are being accessed, then your anagen phase should be fine, you won’t Norwood even if you’ve high/normal natural DHT levels.

Notice how people who aren’t prone to MPB grow their hair back even after blasting a DHT heavy cycle (WITHOUT USING FIN/DUT)?

It’s because they only temporarily increased activity in the destructive phase of their hair cycle (due to the increased DHT). But their anagen phase remained normal as it should.

As a child you may have MPB (inactivity in the anagen phase). Your hair will grow slow, but not start to fall out because 10 year olds don’t have DHT levels like a 20 year old has.

Some times you see absolute soy boys Norwooding at 20…. Not because of sky high DHT, but because their anagen activity over time is less than the destruction in the latter 2 phases due to the lack of targeting of movo1 and KRT81 through the Wnt/Beta Catenin signalling pathway, which is required to sustain an anagen phase that will prevent you from inevitably norwooding.

DHT is way way more important than I had once thought and it has been shown in many cases that very low DHT levels caused by the 5ar inhibition from fin causes irreversible depression and penile shrinkage in some men.

Check out studies about natural DHT/T ratios. Asian men have the lowest ratio, and they usually appear to be the least masculine.

In contrast, African American men have the highest natural DHT levels out of any race of men.

Male Pattern Balding is a genetic disorder and I made a thread 2 years ago explaining and illustrating the whys and hows (Wnt pathway).

Lowering DHT just lowers the amount of hair you lose in the catagen and telogen phases of the hair cycle. Fin does nothing to increase anagen (growth phase) activity or even extend the anagen phase.

Rate of hair loss is simply due to the imbalance of activity overtime between anagen <-> catagen/telogen phases.

If your Wnt target genes are being accessed, then your anagen phase should be fine, you won’t Norwood even if you’ve high/normal natural DHT levels.

Notice how people who aren’t prone to MPB grow their hair back even after blasting a DHT heavy cycle (WITHOUT USING FIN/DUT)?

It’s because they only temporarily increased activity in the destructive phase of their hair cycle (due to the increased DHT). But their anagen phase remained normal as it should.

As a child you may have MPB (inactivity in the anagen phase). Your hair will grow slow, but not start to fall out because 10 year olds don’t have DHT levels like a 20 year old has.

Some times you see absolute soy boys Norwooding at 20…. Not because of sky high DHT, but because their anagen activity over time is less than the destruction in the latter 2 phases due to the lack of targeting of movo1 and KRT81 through the Wnt/Beta Catenin signalling pathway, which is required to sustain an anagen phase that will prevent you from inevitably norwooding.
Have you tried taking fin yourself?

• +1
Also OP you’re just catastrophising. Your density is fine and that’s just your natural hairline

• +1
What’s your age?
almost 24. I'll do the transplant shortly. But i started using fina two years ago in order to maximize the result in view of the imminent ht, since in any case you have to take fina after ht. Returning to the main topic in my experience two years ago i had a very slight recession in my temples. fina stopped further hairloss but it only made vellus grow in the temples. if i had used minoxidil my hairs would be perfect now, but is it worth it? it is always better to use as few drugs as possible. So the fact that i was pro active with fina toghether with the ht, will assure a good result in the end

Also if people wanna try regrow at the temples why use Fin? Microneedle with GHK-cu… it’s literally better than anything else at the moment.

Also OP you’re just catastrophising. Your density is fine and that’s just your natural hairline
I don’t think so man, my dad is NW3 and my brother is NW 1.5-2 and there’s a good chance that I may also go bald

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
I don’t think so man, my dad is NW3 and my brother is NW 1.5-2 and there’s a good chance that I may also go bald
Yeah because of genetics. Fin won’t do anything except crush your DHT even lower….

Good idea would be to get your bloods tested to see if your DHT is high….

If it’s normal or low you don’t want to crush it even more. Especially since it’s heavily implied that you’re genetically prone due to your family.

If I were you I’d seriously try get my hands on Dalorsirvat/SM04554 as soon as it becomes available.

• +1
If I were you I’d seriously try get my hands on Dalorsirvat/SM04554 as soon as it becomes available.
What is its mechanism of action?
Also you seem to be pretty knowledgeable in regards to hair loss treatments.
Are there any other upcoming ones in the near future?

Finstretide can slow down the recession yes

It activates the Wnt pathway by agonising the frizzled receptor with a molecule that mimics the Wnt exosome which naturally agonises that receptor.

And no I’ve seen nothing like SM04554. I really believe it’ll change everything. It’s finished phase3 clinical trials and has been put through testing since Oct 2013. Planned to release in Turkey in 2022.

Other than that I believe microneedling with GHK-cu would give the best growth effects. Maybe using as small bit of tretinoin with it (I believe that’s what MPMD does, to alter some enzymatic reaction or increase a level of an enzyme important for hair growth). I don’t know much about hair loss since it doesn’t directly concern me but I’m sure microneedling+GHK-cu beats microneedling+minoxidil….

This might be slightly outdated but shows some of the other hair loss “cures” in the works.

Nothing is comparable to SM04554 atm. And their company is in the top 5 highest private equity companies in the world right now so a lot of money is involved.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
The thread I linked a few posts up shows the entire MOA (on a graph). Check it out

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
The thread I linked a few posts up shows the entire MOA (on a graph). Check it out
Thank you, seems like really informative stuff.
Its kinda late here rn so I probably wont go through all of it today but I might msg you tomorrow if you dont mind:feelsokman:
Also, has this stuff been posted on forums like r/tressless and hairlosstalk.com?
Im pretty sure that a lot of people there are also looking for new solutions.

Also, what are your thoughts on this?

Supposedly, this delivery vehicle should be able to maximize follicle absorption and prevent the pharmaceutical itself (fin, dut) from going systemic. Could be quite big if true

Cheers

how does one regain size they lost on finasteride