How much does fixing a 1cm overbite change your face?

D

Doomer

Iron
I have an overbite that’s pretty severe, maybe 1cm. I don’t look way too recessed but my lower face is completely messed up and my side profile is extremely bad. I'm still in puberty. My midface/maxilla has decent growth.

I’m looking for either Invisalign or a safe braces treatment (not the ones that push your entire maxilla back and make the situation worse). Most likely I’ll get Invisalign but advice is appreciated.

My question is: how much would fixing the overbite the correct way (pushing lower teeth/jaw forward and adjusting) change my face, and what are the changes? Would my face appear less fat/bloated (I’m actually fairly lean)?

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
I have an overbite that’s pretty severe, maybe 1cm. I don’t look way too recessed but my lower face is completely messed up and my side profile is extremely bad. I'm still in puberty. My midface/maxilla has decent growth.

I’m looking for either Invisalign or a safe braces treatment (not the ones that push your entire maxilla back and make the situation worse). Most likely I’ll get Invisalign but advice is appreciated.

My question is: how much would fixing the overbite the correct way (pushing lower teeth/jaw forward and adjusting) change my face, and what are the changes? Would my face appear less fat/bloated (I’m actually fairly lean)?
do a bimax or just BSSO trust me

• +1
Reactions: Sapieeen
i have the same issue, lmk when u get an answer please

I can’t get any surgeries since I’m probably too young. Right now I can only do Invisalign or braces.
Invisaline or braces cost 6K. Surgery is like 12 k or free if u have sleep apnea

• +1
Invisaline or braces cost 6K. Surgery is like 12 k or free if u have sleep apnea
Is Invisalign usually a bad option? I have decent genes for that area and looked good for a child until I got an overbite. My parents would most likely not let me get a surgery due to costs and just their opinions.
There’s a chance I have sleep apnea so I’ll check.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
1 entire cm overbite would make you a subhuman brother

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho
Dont get braces idiot

• +1

1 cm overbite is significant, fixing it will have a great impact on your face.

Is Invisalign usually a bad option? I have decent genes for that area and looked good for a child until I got an overbite. My parents would most likely not let me get a surgery due to costs and just their opinions.
There’s a chance I have sleep apnea so I’ll check.

Braces/invisalign will only mask your real problem, useless for your case; either get surgery or don't bother because you will have to undo the work done by the braces if you decide to get surgery at a later time.

Braces/invisalign will only mask your real problem, useless for your case; either get surgery or don't bother because you will have to undo the work done by the braces if you decide to get surgery at a later time.
I don’t have an option. I was recommended by the dentist to go to the orthodontist too, so I’ll see how it goes.

I don’t have an option. I was recommended by the dentist to go to the orthodontist too, so I’ll see how it goes.

Then I assume you don't have any intention of surgery down the line because you would be wasting time and money on camouflage orthodontics.