How much money would i need to save up in order to get solid income from an index fund?

D

Deleted

Lurker
Adjusted for inflation the return of an index fund should be about 6% a year over a long-time frame. With 600k you can supplement your income with 36k a year which in Sweden isn't that far from the average salary.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Hipcel, BugeyeBigNoseCurry and 1 other person
I guess the problem is getting that $600k in the first place
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, ascension, Sondern and 2 others
you can create an onlyfans and sell your dick pics to faggots, I can be the marketing director.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel and Deleted
LMAO i posted to r/rateme and some gay dmed me wanted to buy my underwear for 50 bux and shipping

• JFL
Reactions: YamiYugi and Rt-Rust1
LMAO i posted to r/rateme and some gay dmed me wanted to buy my underwear for 50 bux and shipping
Fagots are obsessed with everything sexual, I remember once an asshole fagot asked me for a picture of my trousers JFL

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 22611 and 3 others
I think you need to drop this dream and focus on looksmaxing.

Wealth maxing is far less predictable and far more out of reach than just butchering yourself into a chad with some surgeries.

Wealth maxing is far less predictable and far more out of reach than just butchering yourself into a chad with some surgeries.
You need money to looksmax...

• +1
Reactions: odegoat and thebrownprettyboy
600k in index fund is not just put in and chill because of instability, varying returns and unexpected events in the economy. 300k in and 300k in house sound better tbh

What surgeries does he even need? He is already an irl chad becoming some PSL chad is risky you could get botched and look like a plastic surgery freak

I can see the picture when I press reply although its small. It's a cartoon though lol. Either way what surgeries would you even go for to attempt to get there
I'm getting scalp advancement in november for my deformed forehead size and i'm getting grafting done early next year. My eye area and bone structure is good but my mouth area could use both braces and ideally i would fix lips but that's basically impossible to do with surgery.

• +1
Reactions: beachdude123
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX
I feel like you got to go all out. Risk some sort of a scam, something semi criminal, or try riding some sort of a once in a life time chance, like being shot in a film or some shit. Or trying to gain quick fame on some sort of a platform. Conventional means might work for conventional people, but anyone with a brain can tell that those paths never worked for anyone here.

It will only be 6% over a long time period if the market for which you are invested grows by 6% a year.

If the market declines, because of for example a declining population, or the effect global competition via the rise of remote work will have on minimum wages, and then the effect that, that decline in purchasing power will have the global economy, you don't make money, you loose it.

These kind of effects can cause the economy to shrink for decades.

When it come to investing your time and resources, there is no free lunch, you have to stay on top of everything or risk loosing it all.

So yes, invest in an index fund but be sure it's a sector that's going to grow.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
It will only be 6% over a long time period if the market for which you are invested grows by 6% a year.

If the market declines, because of for example a declining population, or the effect global competition via the rise of remote work will have on minimum wages, and then the effect that, that decline in purchasing power will have the global economy, you don't make money, you loose it.

When it come to investing your time and resources, there is no free lunch, you have to stay on top of everything or risk loosing it all.

So yes, invest in an index fund but be sure it's a sector that's going to grow.
Well said. Also don't invest it all in one asset, spread it out. You should read up on everything very well and, as @noodlelover says, educate yourself daily to stay up to date. Also what I can highly recommend is regarding risk reward the 95 5 rule, so 95% in safe assets and 5% in risky assets. Then you can gamble a bit with 5% of your net worth, it's fun and you will learn a lot.
Also this, keep this in mind, currently cash is king. We do not know what will happen this winter in europe, its very risky. But it's at times like this that opportunities arise that you can take advantage of, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Over if u guys are not talentmaxxing and monetizing your hobbies like what @curlyheadjames is currently trying to do.
Its one of the few fields where there's a possibility to hit it big and consequently gain enough money for more lucrative investments

• +1
Reactions: odegoat
Over if u guys are not talentmaxxing and monetizing your hobbies like what @curlyheadjames is currently trying to do.
Its one of the few fields where there's a possibility to hit it big and consequently gain enough money for more lucrative investments
He really is in a good position for his situation if he leverages it right. But I trust that his mind and heart are in the right place and he will act accordingly and make the best of it.

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop and Deleted member 16133
He really is in a good position for his situation if he leverages it right. But I trust that his mind and heart are in the right place and he will act accordingly and make the best of it.
we will see what happens

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22611 and fruitgunpop