How much money you can make by creating a video game ?

Fynasids dk

Fynasids dk

End road
I'm starting to learn coding and I'm also interested in gaming so iam thinking of starting my journey by making some games and later move on to other stuff and am willing to learn it.

It would be great if I make some money from it,has anyone here tried their hands on making games or should I just focus on other aspects of coding

And lastly how do you market these games initially?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JovenCansao and illoan82
None! you will be working for 12 hours a day on coding. Initially you have to struggle and work like a slave to make a decent game which can take years and years.
It's a subhuman job after all. A big no!

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22, mogstars and illoan82
marketting should prob just be like reddit and small content creators, after that maybe some discord server stuff, ngl I have 0 idea I have 0 experience

• JFL
Reactions: illoan82
Only way to get rich is to revive obscure games, like hatred. 1 mod made bro many likes, not much money,

All or nothing, that's IF your game gets traction after years of developing and marketing and all that shit

All or nothing, that's IF your game gets traction after years of developing and marketing and all that shit
You have any experience in this and it field general?

not enough to justify all that work. you might as well just wageslave for a gaming company instead

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel
Ask gabe newell