How much muscle do you lose while getting ripped?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
A bulk lasted 9 months and I gained 60 pounds total (starting as a newbie), how much of those pounds is muscle? I was lifting 4-6 times a week, eating 150-200 grams of protein and getting enough rest. If I go from 20% to 10% body fat over the course of 3-4 months, how much muscle would I be able to keep?

A bulk lasted 9 months and I gained 60 pounds total (starting as a newbie), how much of those pounds is muscle? I was lifting 4-6 times a week, eating 150-200 grams of protein and getting enough rest. If I go from 20% to 10% body fat over the course of 3-4 months, how much muscle would I be able to keep?
all of it

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: TITUS, TommyElevenToes, Carolus and 1 other person
80% to 90 % is lost if you are natty.

if you keep lifting and eat at a 500 calorie deficit +cardio you shouldn’t lose muscle
you might gain some actually
but just do it, it’s worth it

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Stevensmithgerard
80% to 90 % is lost if you are natty.
WTH? How? I am way stronger than when I started. My strength can’t be all fat
if you keep lifting and eat at a 500 calorie deficit +cardio you shouldn’t lose muscle
you might gain some actually
but just do it, it’s worth it
500 is probably too much. I’d rather cut a bit longer at 300 and not lose muscle.

• +1
Reactions: TITUS

500 is probably too much. I’d rather cut a bit longer at 300 and not lose muscle.
Ok try it then if you dont trust me. Strength is more about central nervous system than muscle mass.

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and 6’1cel

300 deficit will take forever
do 500 and go on runs or atleast walks

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Deleted member 10097 and .*my*.
Ok try it then if you dont trust me. Strength is more about central nervous system than muscle mass.
for beginners like op yes

Really? Why are there weight categories in UFC then?

Really? Why are there weight categories in UFC then?
Why female olympic lifters weighting 50 kg lift way more than the 6'3 100kg gym rat? Are you idiotic or what?

Hard to tell, depends on your genetics and how you are losing weight.

I still dont understand why people bulk, it makes your face so much uglier tbh

Why female olympic lifters weighting 50 kg lift way more than the 6'3 100kg gym rat? Are you idiotic or what?
Cuz they roid for 10+ year :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:
They have same test levels as male lifters

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
Hard to tell, depends on your genetics and how you are losing weight.

I still dont understand why people bulk, it makes your face so much uglier tbh

People bulk to gain muscle.

You started lifting like yesterday and you don’t know anything about this subject. So, not to be rude but you know. Bye.

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard
Because they use enhancement drugs you clown.

• +1
People bulk to gain muscle.

You started lifting like yesterday and you don’t know anything about this subject. So, not to be rude but you know. Bye.
I am not talking from experience, bulking is a myth you dont gain muscle from extreme calorie surplus
+100calories does the same shit as +3000 you,are just getting fatter

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7901
world record for 50kg women is 419 deadlift. Just lol if you think that's strong at all when they train exclusively for that. The 100kg muscular guy trains the same way for the same time period, he will lift double.

world record for 50kg women is 419 deadlift. Just lol if you think that's strong at all when they train exclusively for that. The 100kg muscular guy trains the same way for the same time period, he will lift double.
I wont argue with retards like you, sorry.

• +1
I am not talking from experience, bulking is a myth you dont gain muscle from extreme calorie surplus
Nope. It’s true that you gain a buttload of fat once you go overboard, but you also gain more muscle as well. Ideal is 300-500 to keep fat at minimum, but if you eat like 800-1000+ your muscle gains will go up too. Not by much, maybe 10% increase in muscle gains, which, in my opinion is worth it.

hahahahahahhaahaha 60 pounds in 9 months, 80% of this is fat

OP rn

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 110 and Deleted member 5292
I wont argue with retards like you, sorry.
She has trained her nervous system, muscles, and mindset exclusively to lift heavy and still only does as much as a 15 year old at 80kg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 110
Nope. It’s true that you gain a buttload of fat once you go overboard, but you also gain more muscle as well. Ideal is 300-500 to keep fat at minimum, but if you eat like 800-1000+ your muscle gains will go up too. Not by much, maybe 10% increase in muscle gains, which, in my opinion is worth it.
You can gain around 20-26lbs of muscle in the first year of lifiting, rest of your weight is probably water and fat. I personally wouldnt ever bulk cuz cutting is hell and its not worth the small increased muscle gain but you do you man

I made decent muscle gains.
You made decent muscle gains but became very bloated
it would have been much better if you just ate maintenance and gained 8 pounds instead of 10 pounds in your first year
jfl you will have to diet as well and you will gain a lot less muscle because you eat less and you will suffer more while with maintance you would still gain the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8902
You made decent muscle gains but became very bloated
it would have been much better if you just ate maintenance and gained 8 pounds instead of 10 pounds in your first year
jfl you will have to diet as well and you will gain a lot less muscle because you eat less and you will suffer more
No shit I look bloated. That’s what happens when you bulk to gain muscle mass.

25lbs is a limit you couldnt done more than that tbh but nice job
Two years between the pictures, I just lost some gains along the way and started bulking again recently.

No shit I look bloated. That’s what happens when you bulk to gain muscle mass.
that the whole point, bulking is retarded and you lose PSL instead of gaining, you don't have to bulk in order to gain muscle
I was gaining muscle (or at least way broader shoulders and more defined and bigger muscles) when I was swimming on a deficit of 800 calories

• +1
that the whole point, bulking is retarded and you lose PSL instead of gaining, you don't have to bulk in order to gain muscle
I was gaining muscle (or at least way broader shoulders and more defined and bigger muscles) when I was swimming on a deficit of 800 calories
I will regain my PSL once I go on a cut, but I will have some muscle on me unlike if I just did maintenance. Maintenance may give like 50% of the bulking gains. And the gains tou made while swimming, those were noob gains. You can’t continue to be in a deficit and gain muscle anymore.

You can’t build muscle out of thin air. You need a caloric surplus.

• +1
Reactions: Carolus
I will regain my PSL once I go on a cut, but I will have some muscle on me unlike if I just did maintenance. Maintenance may give like 50% of the bulking gains. And the gains tou made while swimming, those were noob gains. You can’t continue to be in a deficit and gain muscle.
no it doesn't only give you 50% gains lol, its more like 60%-80% range and even then protein matters more, also with bulking you always have to go on a defict and slow down your gains by a lot, while in maintenance you will always gain a steady amount of muscle and you will always look your best at bf % instead of having those cycles (which are probably not very healthy)

also yes it was noob gains and I was doing it more to lose fat, the muscle was a bonus,

also even trainers which trained for 3+ years were able to do things like body recomposition which is losing fat and gaining muscle, so there is no reason to why you can't do maintenance and gain muscle

• +1
Reactions: Curlbrahhh and .*my*.
You don't build it from thin air you build it from the calories you eat and some fatcels (and protein)
this is just some normie gymcel shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8902
no it doesn't only give you 50% gains lol, its more like 60%-80% range and even then protein matters more, also with bulking you always have to go on a defict and slow down your gains by a lot, while in maintenance you will always gain a steady amount of muscle and you will always look your best at bf % instead of having those cycles (which are probably not very healthy)

also yes it was noob gains and I was doing it more to lose fat, the muscle was a bonus,

also even trainers which trained for 3+ years were able to do things like body recomposition which is losing fat and gaining muscle, so there is no reason to why you can't do maintenance and gain muscle
Can I see your physique? You talk a lot but what were actually able to accomplish? No offense.

Can I see your physique? You talk a lot but what were actually able to accomplish? No offense.
I am losing fat currently and mainly swim (lost 35kg so far), but I did a lot of research about this whole stuff and also planned my gymceling

I am losing fat currently and mainly swim (lost 35kg so far), but I did a lot of research about this whole stuff and also planned my gymceling
Well then I am not going to listen to you, and I hope that you understand.

When I want relationship advice, I will ask from people who are married for 30+ years and still have sex regularly and have happy children. I will not take it from people in a loveless, sexless marriage with unhappy children. And the same goes for bodybuilding. If you don’t have the results that I want or at least close to the results I want, your advice is worthless to me because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

When I want relationship advice, I will ask from people who are married for 30+ years and still have sex regularly and have happy children. I will not take it from people in a loveless, sexless marriage with unhappy children. And the same goes for bodybuilding. If you don’t have the results that I want or at least close to the results I want, your advice is worthless to me because you don’t know what you’re talking about.
everything I say is based on research and what I heard from other gymcel youtubers I don't make up anything or just come things from my mind

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8902 and TITUS

everything I say is based on research and what I heard from other gymcel youtubers I don't

everything I say is based on research and what I heard from other gymcel youtubers I don't make up anything or just come things from my mind
It’s just that in my experience the people that share my opinions usually have the results I want. The people that don’t share my opinions are usually skinnyfat keyboard warriors.

If you cut be sure to cut slowly. That way you can retain as much muscle mass as possible.

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, TITUS and .*my*.
some manage to keep most of it

but others lose a lot of mass when they cut

• +1
Don't be a fool please. Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Phil Heath etc etc didn't get big from a 100 calorie surplus buddy. Although, i do agree that natty's can't afford to put on as much fat due to losing more muscle when cutting.

You can recomp at the beginning tbf (especially if you have excess fat to use as energy) but after very early stages I agree.

• +1
If you eat high protein. 200-300 kcals below maintenance and lift. Then almost none.

• +1
I highly doubt you are 20% bodyfat, if you did it natty much more than half of it is fat, and 60 pounds sounds like bales from the tasement. What are your stats? I bet you are closer to 30%.
If you want to get ripped without losing much muscle hop on HGH and salbutamol + caffeine or ephedrine + caffeine, cycle 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or use ketotifen/benadryl. You can also use T3 but it will rkt your muscle (2lbs of fat per 1lbs of muscle) and when you are using T3 you are then entering into the shutting yourself down territory. HGH, salbutamol and caffeine are pretty much harmless unless you are obese.
Also proteinmax.

I have been leaning for months already, just last month lost 2Kg+ and i hope to lose 1kg+ within 10 days then start first bulking cycle with roids. Just a couple weeks i started the HGH and salbutamol/caffeine protocol and it works wonders. I haven't lost any strenght and gained a bit on some exercises, but i have taken the very slow approach of body recomposition.

By the way, i can count with the fingers of my hand the amount of days i felt slight hunger, the trick is proteinmaxxing, they fill you up and they have a higher thermic profile, besides losing less muscle while proteinmaxing.

Last edited:
Don't be a fool please. Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Phil Heath etc etc didn't get big from a 100 calorie surplus buddy. Although, i do agree that natty's can't afford to put on as much fat due to losing more muscle when cutting.
Roiding and natty are 2 different worlds, when you are roiding you need a bigger caloric surpluss if even just to make sure you are making the most out of your roids and not hindering your growth cause of 200kcals, hence the confusion and people claiming one thing or the other in this thread.

Last edited:
  • +1