How much of Test do MMA fightets take ?

Bonesbonesbonesbone

Bonesbonesbonesbone

T-1000 Frame Mogger
I heard athletes take between 100-300mg test but for recovery and athletic performance only and not raw big mass of muscle since it slows them down and tires them out quicker in most endurance sports like UFC,Basketball and NFL

• +1
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs
Most of them dont take test, half of my mma gym is on sarms like ostarine since it's mild to the point theres no sides and it's made for muscle recovery and wastage, and you're up for the next session fairly quick

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Sub0
Most of them dont take test, half of my mma gym is on sarms like ostarine since it's mild to the point theres no sides and it's made for muscle recovery and wastage, and you're up for the next session fairly quick
Rampage Jackson admitted to using testosterone replacement therapy(how someone like him suffers a androgen deficiency without a serious illness is something I wouldn't get though).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758
Rampage Jackson admitted to using testosterone replacement therapy(how someone like him suffers an androgen deficiency without a serious illness is something I wouldn't get though).
He’s 44 though shit like sarms won’t work after 30

I heard athletes take between 100-300mg test but for recovery and athletic performance only and not raw big mass of muscle since it slows them down and tires them out quicker in most endurance sports like UFC,Basketball and NFL
First off let me start by saying Testosterone by itself is not the ideal anabolic androgenic steroid for any type of performance enhancement.
It aromatizes, 5-alpha-reduces, is not selective at all and is relatively "weak".
On top of that it is terrible for your joints when used at supraphysiological dosages, in particular for your tendons and ligaments.
It interacts with gluco/mineral-corticoid receptors, lowering progestrogenic and corticogenic activity via negative feedback loop and competetive inhibition of said receptors. And it bloats you.
There are more useful androgens when it comes to combat sports, in particular "dry" compounds like anavar, primobolan, ostarine, testolone, masterone and winstrol.
So no fighter in the right mind uses more than 400mg/week of test max.

The reason why most professional-athletes use testosterone as their PED of choice lies in the testing parameters.
Bioidentical testosterone at a dosage lower than 150mg/week gets through most drug tests. That's why it is used as a base/TRT in order to blast when they are not getting tested and cruise when they are getting tested. And believe me, being on TRT, especially while cutting large amounts of weight is a big advantage.

Second of all i want to state that AAS and selective androgens (a.k.a. SARMS) are not the most important PED class when it comes to fighting.
Recovery enhancing peptides, in particular (preferably bioidentical) human growth hormone, BPC 157, and Thymosin-Beta-4 are much more viable and are arguably the most useful compounds when it comes to combat sports. Let me explain:

Injuries, in particular overuse injuries sustained to hypovascular tissues like tendons, ligaments and cartilage heal notoriously slow and are responsible for the vast majority of training breaks in boxing/mma.
I'm talking from experience here, I myself suffered from a partial patellar tendon tear that put me out of training (and life in general) for 15 months straight. And I only managed to return to boxing because of said compounds (in skyrim)

These compounds are used to allow athletes to train harder while avoiding overtraining and overuse injuries while not bringing the deletirious effects of androgens (in particular HPTA supression) with them
That's why almost any fighter that trains for more than 20 hours a week uses said compounds.

As my third and final point i want to point out that so called "cutting agents", "endurance boosters", "fat burners", diuretics, anorectics and stimulants are also more conducive to fighting performance than AAS, in particular in the context of weight cutting and fight prep in general. They make contest preps much more managable and allow the athlete to cut ridiculous amounts of weight (like Paulo Costa, Tj Dillashaw) and subsequently have a more favourable power/weight ratio.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23391