How much should a gaming laptop cost?

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

6'5 BWC Mogger of Niggers
If I wanna run 2020 games on ultra settings? I prefer laptops to PCs, the reason being is they're portable

Let's say in a 2 months I could earn around 2,5k Euros

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Hozay
idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8576 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8576 and Hozay
Unless u want to use it as a heater, just save ur money

Ok fair enuf, just know that if u play very recent games, it will run hot (90 degrees) and the fans will run at max speed. Like over 40 decibels. But that’s the trade off you will make for portability tbh.

Ok fair enuf, just know that if u play very recent games, it will run hot (90 degrees) and the fans will run at max speed. Like over 40 decibels. But that’s the trade off you will make for portability tbh.
So what does that mean in practice?

Why? What do you mean? I wanna game on a laptop coz it's portable unlike a pc.
Gaming laptops are notorious for overheating and having garbage battery life. Not to mention the price markup compared to a pc that would give the same benchmarks are insane.

Unless you wanna spend $2k+ for modern games on ultra just buy a pc brah

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3
Gaming laptops are notorious for overheating and having garbage battery life. Not to mention the price markup compared to a pc that would give the same benchmarks are insane.

Unless you wanna spend $2k+ for modern games on ultra just buy a pc brah
Well, to be fair, I would get 2,5k in 2 months so it's fine actually

Oh I get that, yeah, but the way I do it, I always take my charger with me just in case so that's a non-issue.

So what does that mean in practice?
U can play recent games at high setting. But it will be hot as fuck and and also loud as fuck. Sometimes cpu and gpu might get too hot and laptop will shutdown after long hours of gaming

U can play recent games at high setting. But it will be hot as fuck and and also loud as fuck. Sometimes cpu and gpu might get too hot and laptop will shutdown after long hours of gaming
WHat if I'm fine with that?

Also by shutdown, do you mean I'd have to turn it off for a few hours or I could just restart with a charger plugged in and I'd be good to go again

If ur fine with that y asking me? It’s ur money u can buy whatever u want jfl.

With charger you would get those things I talked about before.. without charger the laptop will not be allowed to overheat because it will lose battery faster before force shutdown.

WHat if I'm fine with that?

Also by shutdown, do you mean I'd have to turn it off for a few hours or I could just restart with a charger plugged in and I'd be good to go again
You can buy gaming laptop cooling stands to prevent ridiculous levels of overheating but at that point its arguably not even viable for portability anymore lol

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 7776