How PDO threads might just be a looksmin, and what you can use instead.

aber

aber

Bronze
To preface, I am in no way against pdo threads, but I believe there is a better solution for collagen production

PDO Threads, in the simplest sense are just pins that go beneath your skin and stimulate collagen production to that specific area, leading to increased volume. They’ve been used by old foids for awhile, and had a resurgence in popularity in this forum.

(Source: https://www.normanpastorekmd.com/bl...e placement of the thread,last a year or more.)

I am very low inhib, and will try many looksmaxxes as long as they can benefit me. But when I find an alternative to one it might render the original obsolete. So what’s my issue? Well PDO threads are a polydioxanone thread. however they are a “biodegradable” polyester suture, now what’s the issue with polyester? Well it has issues with BPA’s and whatnot when used as clothing, but when polyester gets beneath your skin. It can release microplastics as polyester is a primary microplastic. A big healthmin.

(source: https://www.pureearthcollection.com...ed as a,the microplastics in household dust *.)

in my research, the volume provided by PDO threads stimulates collagen in the dermis layer of the skin. Which is 1-4MM deep into the skin. Now a dermaroller, or dermastamp can safely puncture up to 3MM into the skin, which should be sufficient for collagen production. And the dermarolling needles are metal. Which should be safe enough as every surgical device, needle etc. you name it, is made from some kind of metal.

(Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5556180/)

• +1
Reactions: Aero, mirrormogger, 97baHater and 2 others
Bump and tagging users who know enough about this

@NorwoodAscender @Orc @Clavicular

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH, 97baHater and NorwoodAscender
seems legit, i havent done many so far but well see the issues first on @Orc if anything given how many hes done

• +1
Reactions: aber
seems legit, i havent done many so far but well see the issues first on @Orc if anything given how many hes done
Haven’t done many? So you’ve done them. How’s it going for u

• +1
Reactions: mirrormogger
Haven’t done many? So you’ve done them. How’s it going for u
its fine i did them about a month ago, the changes are more minor than i would have hoped but i dont see any negatives

• +1
Reactions: Icon and aber
Nvm Disregard this thread, if anything it can warn about the nature of PDO threads, but “muh microplastics” are nothing compared to a study I’ve just read on the negative affects of dermarolling for collagen.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Miant Gimplants, mirrormogger and Icon
Nvm Disregard this thread, if anything it can warn about the nature of PDO threads, but “muh microplastics” are nothing compared to a study I’ve just read on the negative affects of dermarolling for collagen.
Huuh what are the negatives?

That thread has been posted before. It is baseless and shows lack of understanding . Derma stamping is the legit way to treat minor boxcars , no tretinoun slathering can help

Read this study

Read this study

Derma rolling on your face is even a bigger looksmin. It literally damages your skin and causes your skin to produce collagen as a stress response and the increased plumpness and collagen are an illusion and temporary. Can help with scars though.

PDO threads don't do this and have a much greater effect than dermarolling. I got rid of most of my nasolabialfolds due to PDO and I am eternally grateful that I discovered this method. A lil bit of microplastics in my body is a trade I am willing to make since I felt so hopeless with the folds.

Misleading post imho.

• +1
Derma rolling on your face is even a bigger looksmin. It literally damages your skin and causes your skin to produce collagen as a stress response and the increased plumpness and collagen are an illusion and temporary. Can help with scars though.

PDO threads don't do this and have a much greater effect than dermarolling. I got rid of most of my nasolabialfolds due to PDO and I am eternally grateful that I discovered this method. A lil bit of microplastics in my body is a trade I am willing to make since I felt so hopeless with the folds.

Misleading post imho.
Yeah I corrected it.

Misleading post imho.
Hey bro, can you link the ones u bought? And specifically where do u put them? I have the same problem

dermarolling is NOT an alternative

PDO can raise and tighten parts of the skin, unlike a derma stamp/roller

• +1