How people feel about pitbulls is a great heuristic for determining if somebody is mentally retarded or not

Meteor21

Meteor21

Kraken
"It's not the breed, it's how they're raised."

"Chihuahuas are worse."

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: twojei, humanoidsub7, N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and 8 others
All pitbulls need to be killed

If you trust pitbulls then there's something wrong with you

• +1
Reactions: twojei, Giorgio, humanoidsub7 and 4 others
There are a variety of ways to determine if someone is retarded

For example my mother is unable to understand general trends, you give an example of some general thing and she responds “but there is examples of the opposite being true”

Like yeah bitch duh, that’s why it’s called a general observation

From a young age she also polluted my mind with the idea that it’s wrong to assume things about people

Yet we know from science that quick assumptions about people based off of limited data are usually reliable

I never believed her on this latter point and for the most part always went with my gut but there were a few instances I let this retarded thinking interfere with good decision making

Anyway my mom is retarded and retarded people usually leave a lot of signs that they are retarded, it’s up to you to listen to them

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21
There are a variety of ways to determine if someone is retarded

For example my mother is unable to understand general trends, you give an example of some general thing and she responds “but there is examples of the opposite being true”

Like yeah bitch duh, that’s why it’s called a general observation

From a young age she also polluted my mind with the idea that it’s wrong to assume things about people

Yet we know from science that quick assumptions about people based off of limited data are usually reliable

I never believed her on this latter point and for the most part always went with my gut but there were a few instances I let this retarded thinking interfere with good decision making

Anyway my mom is retarded and retarded people usually leave a lot of signs that they are retarded, it’s up to you to listen to them
Your mother is not retarded. Is the person who makes mistakes more stupid or the person who, for example, only sticks to a binary approach if supported by logic?

Your mother is not retarded. Is the person who makes mistakes more stupid or the person who, for example, only sticks to a binary approach if supported by logic?
She is retarded because she doesn’t actually understand the point being made

Yes you should be mindful of outliers, that’s not some enlightening information, however because she is unable to accept that data can have outliers and still be generally true, she is unable to think in generalities and apply them to situations

Obviously she still does this as every human does but not in any significant way and she even went to a good school so she’s not a complete dolt but she has no sense for abstractions, she seems to live in a perpetual here and now which has caused a plethora of problems throughout my life

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21, FutureSlayer and Darkeningstar
She is retarded because she doesn’t actually understand the point being made

Yes you should be mindful of outliers, that’s not some enlightening information, however because she is unable to accept that data can have outliers and still be generally true, she is unable to think in generalities and apply them to situations

Obviously she still does this as every human does but not in any significant way and she even went to a good school so she’s not a complete dolt but she has no sense for abstractions, she seems to live in a perpetual here and now which has caused a plethora of problems throughout my life
Now you are more honest.
It's better to be like that than as I wrote above.

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21
Now you are more honest.
It's better to be like that than as I wrote above.
I’m not sure what you mean. What I’m saying is that my mother is intellectually inferior to me. she isn’t retarded per se as most people aren’t but they are comparably retarded. Speaking to them is like speaking to someone whose brain has failed to have essential realizations about the world that would allow for productive communication. Speaking to someone like my mother I am constantly having to hang up my point to address some unnecessary minor problem she has with it and that problem is seldom relevant, often just a personal gripe or lack of understanding. It’s like speaking to a child, all their concepts are immature and lack perspective. You can see where their mind stopped thinking, where either due to limited cognitive capacity or emotional blockage, they halted their exploration of the topic. My brother is the same way, he is very knowledgeable about the world and its history, WAY more than the average person yet he lacks the essential basis for framing all this information. Although he has more information than me on the world, his current final conclusion is one I’ve come to a long time ago, I can see where he stopped thinking. So I call him retarded even though that’s probably not the most accurate way to describe whats happening.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
I’m not sure what you mean. What I’m saying is that my mother is intellectually inferior to me. she isn’t retarded per se as most people aren’t but they are comparably retarded. Speaking to them is like speaking to someone whose brain has failed to have essential realizations about the world that would allow for productive communication. Speaking to someone like my mother I am constantly having to hang up my point to address some unnecessary minor problem she has with it and that problem is seldom relevant, often just a personal gripe or lack of understanding. It’s like speaking to a child, all their concepts are immature and lack perspective. You can see where their mind stopped thinking, where either due to limited cognitive capacity or emotional blockage, they halted their exploration of the topic. My brother is the same way, he is very knowledgeable about the world and its history, WAY more than the average person yet he lacks the essential basis for framing all this information. Although he has more information than me on the world, his current final conclusion is one I’ve come to a long time ago, I can see where he stopped thinking. So I call him retarded even though that’s probably not the most accurate way to describe whats happening.
I think you are a bit too strict. However, in general, effective communication takes a long time, and there is also an attitudinal "issue"