How tall do you think Patrick Bateman is

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Serious question, I have not found jackshit about this anywhere. There are two main sources we can look at, and that's the book and the film.

First of all, the movie. Do you think they tried to make him (Bale, 5'11.75) look taller? I don't think he was wearing elevator shoes in the movie but he does give a kind of tall impression, but I'm not sure if they did this on purpose or if it just came naturally (That gay guy, 6'0.25, he tries to strangle in that one scene is a bit taller than him and you can spot it when they're in the bathroom). The film also stars Leto at 5'9, Theroux at 5'9, Josh Lucas at 5'11.5, and Dafoe at 5'7. Perhaps they didn't give Bale special shoes but a shorter than average cast could have done the trick... Some on celebheights say he gives a 6'1-6'2 impression in the film. Imagine that scene where Bateman is walking down the hallway to his office with the headphones on if he was average/short height, JFL.
As for the book. There's one part that comes to mind for me and that's where he goes to an elevator and is standing with Tom Cruise, who is described as "very short". Cruise is like 5'7ish, so I'm assuming he's probably at least 5'11-6'0, or tall enough to see over Cruise's head. Bateman also embodies a lot of the stereotypical "alpha chad" etc. elements so we can probably assume he is on the taller side in general, although I sincerely doubt anything over 6'2.

What do you guys think? How tall was Bateman intended to be and do you think they tried to make Bale look taller in the film?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and Moggie
6'0 is manlet height

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Slob, GuyFromSingapore, TeenAscender and 1 other person
Tom cruise was in American Psycho? Nigga what :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GalacticHero, dirtydorito, Deleted member 21700 and 2 others
  • JFL
Reactions: GalacticHero, Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 18522 and 1 other person
He’s not incredibly large or small he has neutral main character height so probably 5’11-6’0

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 18522, Deleted member 19766 and 1 other person
Stfu I don't care about 6 ft being manlet or whatever I'm just autistically obsessed with figuring out how tall my idol is

He’s not incredibly large or small he has neutral main character height so probably 5’11-6’0
Yeah you might be right tbh I'm gonna rewatch some scenes and see how tall he looks in them, I can only imagine how comical some of those scenes would look if he were a few inches shorter

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
this is how I look at 6 foot look around extended family or normies but sometimes a random tall fuck comes along and height mogs me to oblivion

3040520_1661124815040.png

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Deleted member 19766 and House Lannister

OK tbh rewatching this he just looks above average height so I don't think they gave a shit about how tall he looked.

Still curious though about how tall the author imagined him as being though tbh.

this is how I look at 6 foot look around extended family or normies but sometimes a random tall fuck comes along and height mogs me to oblivion

3040520_1661124815040.png
Do you think they made those guys sit down so Patrick would look taller? The gay on the far right is taller than Patrick by a little bit.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Do you think they made those guys sit down so Patrick would look taller? The gay on the far right is taller than Patrick by a little bit.
most likely as he is the lead actor cant be getting height mogged in promo photos

jfl at this hairline

justin-theroux.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
jfl at this hairline

justin-theroux.jpg
Most unrealistic part of the movie tbh, it's all about vain people yet this guy never got a hair transplant.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Most unrealistic part of the movie tbh, it's all about vain people yet this guy never got a hair transplant.
he was born with a norwood 3 jfl

Last edited:
patrick bateman the fictional character was 6'0 aka main character above avg but among WASP rich wall street guys is just merely above average height

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived
Stfu I don't care about 6 ft being manlet or whatever I'm just autistically obsessed with figuring out how tall my idol is
keanu reeves is a 6'0.75 tall chad

• Love it

All that rage of being an incel makes you worship a serial killer Psychopath?

• WTF
He was 6 foot in the book and called Tom Cruise a gigamanlet (he had met him according to the book)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and TeenAscender
  • JFL
Send me quote of book saying he's 6 ft
yeah, thought about it a bit and searched, might just be mandela effect or associative memory (since I know Christian Bale is 6 foot). But it seems fair enough, because we know he is tall enough to easily assimilate but not enough to stand out (6'2+ in which case, his height would have been mentioned a lot given the narcissism). But he definitely had a 7"+ dick since he talks about his big cock.

• +1
Christian bale is more 5'11.5 range

• JFL