how TF do i grow hair out

Juno_roe

Juno_roe

Iron
i always try to grow hair out but when it gets to a certain length i start to look like a closeted faggot and i gotta go to school everyday so i feel forced to cut it. is there something im missing or doing wrong cuz wtf. i think my hair is fairly healthy and not frizzy so that's not it. do i have to tell my barber to do something different?

i always try to grow hair out but when it gets to a certain length i start to look like a closeted faggot and i gotta go to school everyday so i feel forced to cut it. is there something im missing or doing wrong cuz wtf. i think my hair is fairly healthy and not frizzy so that's not it. do i have to tell my barber to do something different?
Hair type? Wavy straight curly or coily

honestly im not even sure what my genotypes are cuz i had straight as a kid and it started to curl up and it's curly now
Wavy curly or curly?

whats your goal style/length?
nothing too crazy, almost like this, what's keeping me from having this is i don't have much volume (dont mind the zesty pic this is from Pinterest)

Attachments

• 388880263c4059dcde720e4c6c5678c4.jpg
    388880263c4059dcde720e4c6c5678c4.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
i need more volume only my current length is fine
you say you dont have great volume so do you use any products for volume? do you tell your barber exactly what you want when you go get your haircut with a picture or something and what do you currently tell them?

you say you dont have great volume so do you use any products for volume? do you tell your barber exactly what you want when you go get your haircut with a picture or something and what do you currently tell them?
need some suggestions for products and i do tell my barber what i want but i never get to show him a pic so i always ask for a low fade which i cant go wrong with, ima try downloading some pics to show him next time

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger
need some suggestions for products and i do tell my barber what i want but i never get to show him a pic so i always ask for a low fade which i cant go wrong with, ima try downloading some pics to show him next time
the cut you showed looks like some sort of grown-out mullet, since you say you just ask your barber for a low fade they're prolly just cutting way too much off the sides and back, so yea fs show pics to them. also for products use some sort of mousse cuz it helps a lot with giving curls volume and making them look fresh

• +1
Reactions: Juno_roe