how the hyoid bone make you chad or subhuman

Deleted member 11604

Deleted member 11604

Everything ever said here by me was satire only.
1. What is the hyoid bone?

the hyoid bone is a horseshoe-shaped bone situated in the anterior midline of the neck between the chin and the thyroid cartilage.

Unlike other bones, the hyoid is only distantly articulated to other bones by muscles (Digastric muscle) or ligaments. The hyoid is anchored by muscles from the anterior, posterior and inferior directions, and aids in tongue movement and swallowing. The hyoid bone provides attachment to the muscles of the floor of the mouth and the tongue above, the larynx below, and the epiglottis and pharynx behind.

UqnraVL.png

uc1BCb3.png

zv2xs10.png

2. How determines the position of the hyoid bone the profile?

Hyoid bone position differ from people to people and is genetic determined. Which big influence the position of the hyiod bone has can you see in the pics below.

nJJnuIM.png

dedoclassification1330409579839.jpg

As you can see the hyoid bone should be at least on the same level with the tip of the chin. if its lower than that some kind of double chin is the result even if that person has a normal weight because its effect the submental neck angle negatively!

9lKyRkK.png

Besides a low set hyoid bone also decrease the submental length.

3. Are there any health problems that are connected to a low set hyoid bone?

Warning: An inferior position of the hyoid bone not only looks aesthtical unappealing but also is connected to severe health problems like sleep apnea, swallowing disorders, periodontal diseases, lower restposition of the tongue (mike mew watch out) and even lung inflammation. (source is in german if you find one in engl pls let me know or post it itt - http://www.doppelkinnentfernen.com/gefahrliche-gesundheitsrisiken/ )

4. How can it be corrected?

As i arleady pointed out the position of the hyoid bone is controlled by muscles.

The position of the hyoid bone is controlled by three groups of
muscles:
Anterior- superior movement of hyoid bone : The anterior
belly of the digastric, geniohyoid and mylohyoid muscles
pull the hyoid bone superiorly and anteriorly.
Posterior- superior movement of hyoid bone : The stylohyoid
muscles pull the hyoid bone superiorly and posteriorly.
Inferior movement of hyoid bone : The sternohyoid and
omohyoid muscles pull the hyoid bone caudally

its not sure yet if training of the muscles can change the position of the hyoid permanently. i highly recommend at this point the neck training thread though.

However, a low set hyoid bone goes hand in hand with a recessed mandibular or chin. if this gets corrected through surgery (genioplasty/implant for chin, bsso for mandibular, and maxillomandibularadvancement for a recessed maxilla and mandibular) the muscles stretches and the hyoid gets lifted. the change is permanent. A neck lift wont change the position of the hyoid bone!!!

I will post more looksmaxxing thread in the future, don't forget to give some feedbacks, Sorry for asking as soon as I reach 100pt of reputation i will stop asking.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: amkcel, Biiyo03, OOGABOOGA and 5 others

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69, Lmao, datboijj and 2 others
dnrd, also cope its your jaw.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and gamma
Nice copypaste bro.

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, OOGABOOGA, SendMePicsToRate and 13 others
copy from lookism theory

• JFL
Reactions: Hozay
Nice copypaste bro.
Tenor
I

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer, OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 12002 and 1 other person
Dumb thread, hyoid position is fully dependent on the position of the tongue. If the maxilla is recessed, hyoid will be pushed downwards. On the other hand if the maxilla is forward grown, the tongue follows, so does the hyoid.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Deleted member 9670 and GigaAscender
Just mew and hyoid goes up

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron, IMZLEGEND, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
Dumb thread, hyoid position is fully dependent on the position of the tongue. If the maxilla is recessed, hyoid will be pushed downwards. On the other hand if the maxilla is forward grown, the tongue follows, so does the hyoid.
dGsgUr7.gif

The position of the hyoid bone depends mainly on the suprahyoid muscles, all of them except the stylohyoid muscle originate from the mandible, the more forward the mandible is, the tighter these muscles will be, pulling the hyoid bone upward, so in a way you're right, because if you have a forward grown mandible, you will most likely have a forward grown maxilla too, but the position of the hyoid bone does not entirely depend on the hyoglossus muscle (the muscle you were talking about) like you said lol.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and OOGABOOGA
dGsgUr7.gif

The position of the hyoid bone depends mainly on the suprahyoid muscles, all of them except the stylohyoid muscle originate from the mandible, the more forward the mandible is, the tighter these muscles will be, pulling the hyoid bone upward, so in a way you're right, because if you have a forward grown mandible, you will most likely have a forward grown maxilla too, but the position of the hyoid bone does not entirely depend on the hyoglossus muscle (the muscle you were talking about) like you said lol.
jfl, the hyoid is limited by the tongue, the relative position of the tongue to the mandible is all that matters. when tongue move forward relative to the mandible the hyoid move upward.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
jfl, the hyoid is limited by the tongue, the relative position of the tongue to the mandible is all that matters. when tongue move forward relative to the mandible the hyoid move upward.
Prove it then.

open ur mouth, push ur tongue forward, notice how the hyoid go up. tada!
How do you explain that some people have lower positioned hyoid bones when not engaging their tongue than others?

Or how do you explain that maxillomandibular advancement results in a higher positioned hyoid bone?

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
How do you explain that some people have lower positioned hyoid bones when not engaging their tongue than others?

Or how do you explain that maxillomandibular advancement results in a higher positioned hyoid bone?

Bro ur stupid or what u just proved me right when the maxilla and mandible move forward, so does the tongue, so the hyoid moves upward and rotates.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND
Bro ur stupid or what u just proved me right when the maxilla and mandible move forward, so does the tongue, so the hyoid moves upward and rotates.
It rotates because the point of origin of the stylohyoid muscle (temporal styloid process) is unaffected by jaw surgery, while the points of origin of the anterior belly of the digastric, geniohyoid and mylohyoid muscles (digastric fossa, inferior mental spine of the mandible and mylohyoid line, respectively) are brought forward, tightening the aforementioned muscles and raising the hyoid bone.

The anterior belly of the digastric, geniohyoid and mylohyoid muscles insert into the body of the hyoid bone, on the other hand, the stylohyoid muscle inserts into the greater cornu of the hyoid bone, hence why the hyoid bone rotates in jaw surgery.

I'm not even going to bother looking for illustrations to help you visualize it since I know you're going to deny it anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
It rotates because the point of origin of the stylohyoid muscle (temporal styloid process) is unaffected by jaw surgery, while the points of origin of the anterior belly of the digastric, geniohyoid and mylohyoid muscles (digastric fossa, inferior mental spine of the mandible and mylohyoid line, respectively) are brought forward, tightening the aforementioned muscles and raising the hyoid bone.

The anterior belly of the digastric, geniohyoid and mylohyoid muscles insert into the body of the hyoid bone, on the other hand, the stylohyoid muscle inserts into the greater cornu of the hyoid bone, hence why the hyoid bone rotates in jaw surgery.

I'm not even going to bother looking for illustrations to help you visualize it since I know you're going to deny it anyway.
dn rd the hyoid bone is heavily influenced by mandible length and how far forward ur tongue is from your throat

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, antiantifa and datboijj
@antiantifa I am still waiting for an answer to this.

dn rd the hyoid bone is heavily influenced by mandible length and how far forward ur tongue is from your throat
Literally what I said, this guy actually think he can train that shit lmao.

@antiantifa I am still waiting for an answer to this.
I don't even know what you mean by that, it's not a clear question. It's obvious that different people have different levels of maxilla advancement, which causes their mandible to be either further or closer to the neck, which causes the tongue to be either further or closer to the neck, which causes the hyoid to either be lower or higher.

If the tongue is jamming against the neck, the hyoid moves down. If the tongue move forward, the hyoid go up. Bro it's that fucking simple, lol.

And unless you're very old and have muscle loss, there's no point in training these muscles as a 20-30 yo.

Literally what I said, this guy actually think he can train that shit lmao.
tenor.gif

I don't even know what you mean by that, it's not a clear question. It's obvious that different people have different levels of maxilla advancement, which causes their mandible to be either further or closer to the neck, which causes the tongue to be either further or closer to the neck, which causes the hyoid to either be lower or higher.

If the tongue is jamming against the neck, the hyoid moves down. If the tongue move forward, the hyoid go up. Bro it's that fucking simple, lol.
It is the suprahyoid muscles that mainly determine the position of the hyoid bone, but whatever.

tenor.gif

It is the suprahyoid muscles that mainly determine the position of the hyoid bone, but whatever.
I don't disagree. But you can't push the hyoid up if the tongue is in the way, the tongue needs room from forward maxillary movement to move forward to allow the hyoid to go upwards and behind the tongue. As long as the hyoid is blocked by the tongue, it cannot go up no matter how tight your suprahyoids are.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND
I don't disagree. But you can't push the hyoid up if the tongue is in the way, the tongue needs room from forward maxillary movement to move forward to allow the hyoid to go upwards and behind the tongue. As long as the hyoid is blocked by the tongue, it cannot go up no matter how tight your suprahyoids are.
if you are not recessed and your neck muscles/suprahyoid are weak from a lifetime of mouthbreathing then training these muscles will give you a much better hyoid.