How to ACCURATELY Measure fWHR WITHOUT Lens Distortion

D

Deleted member 8908

idk bro i just want rep
Why Camera Lens Simply Won't Cut it
Anyone who's spent over 5 minutes with a phone has already figured out that pictures up close never work well:

And the angle your camera also causes distortion:

So don't even bother. Even mirror pictures do not display you accurately. Unless you have a Canon EOS R5 laying around, stick to my cheap and effective method and you'll get more accurate results.

The Straw Method
Key:

• The blue straw represents the height of your face: the distance between your top lip and the middle of your eyebrows.
  • The red straw represents the width of your face: the distance between the left and right zygon.
  • The yellow straw represents the difference between 1 red straw (the width of your face) and 2 blue straws (the height of your face x2). This will make more sense with pictures
Instructions
  1. Get the measurements of the height (blue straw) and width (red straw) of your face by holding the straw in between your upper lip and the middle of your eyebrows (to measure the height) and cutting it to the right length; similarly to measure the width, hold the straw in between your left and right zygon then cut the straw to the right length like so:
    Blue straw
    Red straw
  2. Grab paper and mark the length of the red straw along the edge of the paper then note down that it represents width like so: 20210504 211423
  3. Do the same with the blue straw TWICE - one above the other - like so:
    20210504 211534
    20210504 211546
  4. Now grab your yellow straw and place it between the width and second height line then cut the straw like so:
    20210504 211642
  5. Now place the yellow straw under the width line, mark the bottom of the straw, place the straw below the marked line and rinse and repeat until you reach the bottom of the paper like so:
    Yellow
  6. Now count how much yellow straws fit underneath the second height mark (in this example, it is 5) and do the same for the width mark (in this example, 4) like so:
    YH and YW
  7. The last step is simple: add the number of yellow straws that fit under the second height mark (YH) with the number of yellow straws that fit under the width mark (YW) then divide the answer by YH to determine the fWHR, like so:
    Fwhr
And then you have successfully calculated your fWHR without being misled by lens distortion or a bad photo!

Bonus - Repeat For More Accurate Measurements
Remember to add all the fWHR results together then divide by the number of times you've decided to repeat the straw method: e.g. if I hypothetically got a fWHR of 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8, I would add the fWHR results together (which will get me 5.1) then divide by the number of times I did the fWHR measurements (which in this case is 3) so 5.1 divided by 3 which equals 1.7. A difference of 1.6 and 1.8 is also a massive exaggeration, the results do not vary by a large amount.

Bonus Bonus - Here is Another Straw Related Thread. Are Straws the key to Looksmaxing?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106, goat2x and Growth Plate
if your face looks narrow in the mirror it is indeed narrow, easy as that

but keep measuring autistic ratios all day i guess

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 12344 and Growth Plate
if your face looks narrow in the mirror it is indeed narrow, easy as that

but keep measuring autistic ratios all day i guess
actually, I've noticed my face looks square in mirrors and in person but narrower on camera - even if i were to take a picture of myself in the mirror - and that's what originally made me want to measure my fWHR without the lens distortion lol:
Polish 20210504 233142985

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
chad takes a selfie 1 cm away from his face and looks like a model

• +1
Reactions: Slob, some1h0peless, Mongrelcel and 1 other person
good thread op, glad to see someone here who isn't an invalid no life virgin with no badges (y)

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8908 and Growth Plate
actually, I've noticed my face looks square in mirrors and in person but narrower on camera - even if i were to take a picture of myself in the mirror - and that's what originally made me want to measure my fWHR without the lens distortion lol:
View attachment 1121765
when i distance myself enough from the mirror i literally turn into minecraft steve skull wise

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer and Deleted member 8908