How to actually tell if you are balding?

FallenCelestial

FallenCelestial

Iron
Is there any normal number of hair falling down per day? Any special test?

From my perspective: I'm 19, should have god like antibalding genes from my dad's side, but from my mum's side, it's kinda bad. Fortunately, I do not have any balding spots or recession (yet visible). But I am thinking that my hair looks like it started thinning and is falling down a lot. I had just taken shower, then I brushed my hair, I could count like maybe 30 hair that have fallen. Something like this never happened to me, my mood was completely fucked up, when I saw that shit. I have three possible scenarios what could be causing that:
  1. Using nonnatural shampoo
  2. Maturing hairline - my hairline always looked rounded feminine
  3. Stress due to falling hair and starting university
  4. Fucking male balding pattern
I am thinking about those steps how to fix that:
  1. Try again the natural shampoo
  2. Alpecin hair shampoo - seen ad and reviews also looked cool, write down whatever you think about it
  3. Minoxidil (finasteride if this shit didn't work) - would also use it on eyebrows and beard
But still, I can't cope with the stress, I'm always checking my hairline, looking if my hair is falling down. I'm usually very stoic and don't care but this shit..

u can tell ur balding if ur losing hair

• Ugh..
Reactions: Mongrelcel
niggas be having hair like this and asking if they balding

if you have to ask, you are probably balding bruh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, mvp2v1 and Vain786
Don't guess if you're balding.
You're going to bald.

Only difference is when.
So just get Finn/Minxo combo when you get doubts.

Doesn't it has some side effects and won't your hair starts falling down the moment you stop using that?
Yes. Some people will be unlucky and get sides. Others won't be. But it's the best hairloss treatment we have atm. It can delay your hair loss by decades

• +1
Reactions: azezrd
Miniaturizing test with a good surgeon trichologist. Ideally u should map where is your final norwood. Is not that common end up straight NW7, this usually happens on very agressive hair loss suffers.

Some die NW 2, some die NW 4 and in rare ocasions some dont experience hair loss at all(around 5% of males, maybe less)

Having a notion of your final norwood by doing miniaturizing test you can trace and make your hair loss protocol plan based on keeping whats left + recoverying ground with transplants using your donor area wisely

Avoid taking fin if you dont need, but never exclude the possibility of hoping on it, balding is death sentence

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and ....
''This simple test measures the severity of hair loss. During a pull test, a dermatologist grasps small sections of hair, about 40 strands, from different parts of the scalp and gently tugs. If six or more strands fall out, you have what's known as active hair loss.''

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING and fruitgunpop
If you want to know if you're balding go to a dermatologist or hair doctor. They'll evaluate your scalp, and give you an answer. Would recommend going to at least two different ones.

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop and Deleted member 20370
Kinda hard to pull all my hair back, but you can clearly see my hairline is rounded.

Do what people are recommending and see a hair transplant doctor or derma and they will tell you if you are balding.

But an easier way is just to look at your father, and grandfathers on both sides. That should give you an indicator of you will face balding eventually. If most of them are bald, then hop on finasteride immediately.

It's much easier to preserve existing hair, than it is to regrow lost hair. So hop on finasteride early to maintain your low norwood

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: azezrd
Miniaturizing test with a good surgeon trichologist
good answer

that's what I did - I was not sure whether I had TE or androgenic alopecia, so I did the tests
came out as classic norwood reaper
Avoid taking fin if you dont need
I'd say don't avoid at all, studies show the % chance of side effects and the intensity of them are overblown - and it makes sense, becuase someone who tries fin and it doesent work and gets heavy sides, will stick aronund the online forums, but someone (like me and most of the people) who has fin just work perfectly, will just leave and never really talk about balding

0.25 mg works well and minimizes chances at sizes

Do what people are recommending and see a hair transplant doctor or derma and they will tell you if you are balding.

But an easier way is just to look at your father, and grandfathers on both sides. That should give you an indicator of you will face balding eventually. If most of them are bald, then hop on finasteride immediately.

It's much easier to preserve existing hair, than it is to regrow lost hair. So hop on finasteride before you even notice hair loss
Yeah, probably gonna do that, but shit's expensive, default cost around 100€

good answer

that's what I did - I was not sure whether I had TE or androgenic alopecia, so I did the tests
came out as classic norwood reaper

I'd say don't avoid at all, studies show the % chance of side effects and the intensity of them are overblown - and it makes sense, becuase someone who tries fin and it doesent work and gets heavy sides, will stick aronund the online forums, but someone (like me and most of the people) who has fin just work perfectly, will just leave and never really talk about balding

0.25 mg works well and minimizes chances at sizes
With finasteride, your hair would stay as it is forever? Cause I'm thinking about hair lowering (naturally high forehead) and transplants to sides (to make forehead less wide)

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel

It's much easier to preserve existing hair, than it is to regrow lost hair. So hop on finasteride early to maintain your low norwood
isnt it maternally inherited

With finasteride, your hair would stay as it is forever? Cause I'm thinking about hair lowering (naturally high forehead) and transplants to sides (to make forehead less wide)
depends on the individual
for some it regrows, for some it maintains for decades, for some it slows significantly and for some unfortunate souls it does little

and transplanted hair does not get miniaturized by dht - it's a follicle from the back of the head
you will need some anti-androgen to keep all the other hair from getting destroyed tho

• +1
Reactions: FallenCelestial
Finasteride can halt hairloss either forever or lose its effectiveness over time. Sometimes it doesn’t even work at all if the person’s hair follicles are way too sensitive to DHT. Everyone reacts differently, and there’s no 100% guarantee you’ll keep your hair even with the proper treatments. It really is that much of a gamble.

• +1
Reactions: FallenCelestial
Yes. Some people will be unlucky and get sides. Others won't be. But it's the best hairloss treatment we have atm. It can delay your hair loss by decades
i heard about a chinese hair loss drug that will be out in the near future i forgot its name