How to avoid monke face when getting bimax?

I am asking because my case is just like his, maybe a bit less extreme. If I currently look like his before, if I will look like his after, should I do it still???

I would get less advancemnt (only 3-4 mm), more rotation (clockwise), and I'd do both jaw

I'm also black

what should I tell my surgeon to avoid this?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
his nose looks a bit odd

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and dakchuh
NGL I find it weird you think this. His SMV from the front is exactly is the same, from the side its better but only because no more shitty underbite.
His front looks better. Not even just the lower third, but the eyes and midface as well as the lip competence. Went from looking low IQ to a htn. Nose fucked him up but alar reduction can be done quickly.

• +1
Surgeon needs to cut around ANS point, or else chimp limp occurs this is why you see Alfaro doing 10mm Lefort 1's without any chimp lip occurrence.

The guy in the photos had 7mm maxillary advancement
Is it confirmed that he had 7mm maxillary advancement (lefort 1)? Or did he have even more

• +1
Surgeon needs to cut around ANS point, or else chimp limp occurs this is why you see Alfaro doing 10mm Lefort 1's without any chimp lip occurrence.

The guy in the photos had 7mm maxillary advancement
cutting around the ANS would've sunk his nose into his face. just look at how upturned his nose became from only 7mm of movement and its not like his nose base before surgery was all that projected. jfl fucking retards here have no idea what chimp lip even is. HE HAS CHIMP LIPS post lefort just look at that convexity. its from NOT ENOUGH ANS projection.
4after side

see the difference in taylor swift? she has a very projected ANS
Article 2305572 192AC412000005DC 628 634x957

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and joseph
cutting around the ANS would've sunk his nose into his face. just look at how upturned his nose became from only 7mm of movement and its not like his nose base before surgery was all that projected. jfl fucking retards here have no idea what chimp lip even is. HE HAS CHIMP LIPS post lefort just look at that convexity. its from NOT ENOUGH ANS projection.
View attachment 1450534

View attachment 1450535
What should've been done different in surgical planning for him?

• +1
View attachment 1450534

View attachment 1450535
would an alar cinch help him??

• +1
@AtlasTH

• +1
What should've been done different in surgical planning for him?
imo he shouldve gotten slightly less maxilla advancement and reduced his mandible by a few mm + nasion augmentation for a perfect outcome. his current outcome + the nose fix morph looks good enough but it does still look a little bit monkey because his jaws are simply a little bit too forward. point is the ANS cut should only be undertaken if you have a really projected nose and can afford to lose some projection to the maxilla advancement. look at his nose base before, its slightly buried in his face. doing the ANS cut would keep his nose where it is while his maxilla advances. that would end up looking super weird
3before side

would an alar cinch help him??
thats unrelated to the ANS. although his nose from the front looks extremely wide now so it may help him idk. he def needs a rhino now though.

• +1
imo he shouldve gotten slightly less maxilla advancement and reduced his mandible by a few mm + nasion augmentation for a perfect outcome. his current outcome + the nose fix morph looks good enough but it does still look a little bit monkey because his jaws are simply a little bit too forward.

Teeth

you can see his head is just about in frankfurt plane. alfaro's line is the vertical line from his soft tissue nasion. i drew an estimate of where his incisors are and its several mm ahead of alfaro's line, and that's AFTER the nasion aug morph

View attachment 1450632
you can see his head is just about in frankfurt plane. alfaro's line is the vertical line from his soft tissue nasion. i drew an estimate of where his incisors are and its several mm ahead of alfaro's line, and that's AFTER the nasion aug morph
What if you're recessed and your incisors are already around alfaro's line?

• +1
What if you're recessed and your incisors are already around alfaro's line?
i suppose there are several possibilities

1. you're measuring wrong and your pic isnt in frankfurt plane
2. you have a recessed brow and nasion area like asians and the guy we've been talking about so your forward growth is limited. a monkey profile is simply jaws that are too ahead of your forehead.
9dcd21d0e0dd2407d97113859d2ba29e  discover magazine the bubble

3. you have dental protrusion and could use extraction

otherwise i dont see how you could be recessed but have incisors around alfaro's line. thats literally the opposite of what recessed means.

Last edited:
i suppose there are several possibilities

1. you're measuring wrong and your pic isnt in frankfurt plane
2. you have a recessed brow and nasion area like asians so your forward growth is limited. a monkey profile is simply jaws that are too ahead of your forehead.
View attachment 1450645
3. you have dental protrusion and could use extraction

otherwise i dont see how you could be recessed but have incisors around alfaro's line. thats literally the opposite of what recessed means.
Yeah, I was measuring wrong. What does Alfaro do to check if the mandible is recessed and where it should be? I'm class 3 but I think my mandible might be recessed as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16394
Yeah, I was measuring wrong. What does Alfaro do to check if the mandible is recessed and where it should be? I'm class 3 but I think my mandible might be recessed as well.

29min 35s

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman and Deleted member 7725
Based. I need to get my CBCT so I can email it over to him. Mind if I PM you my case?
idk if alfaro will do the planning for you if he's not doing your surgery. you can pm me but idk how much i can help, i learn all this from sixCRY :lul:

idk if alfaro will do the planning for you if he's not doing your surgery. you can pm me but idk how much i can help, i learn all this from sixCRY :lul:
I emailed them and he can do a virtual consultation if you have a CBCT and shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16394
I emailed them and he can do a virtual consultation if you have a CBCT and shit.
you mean the actual planning with all the measurements and degrees? :soy:

damn ima do a consultation with him as well then

you mean the actual planning with all the measurements and degrees? :soy:

damn ima do a consultation with him as well then
Not sure but I'd assume he would do that as well. Either way you can try to pick his brain during the video consultation to see what kind of movements and changes he would do.

How many ppl think he looks better after?
Lmfao? What? Are you braindead? He clearly improved, in real life people don't see 100% of your front profile. You look like a retard before. You can't be serious

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
He had 7mm confirmed.
Thanks. How many mm do you think is needed to fix a flat maxilla? Like 15mm? The maximum I've seen done is 15mm lefort 1 by Alfaro

• JFL
Thanks. How many mm do you think is needed to fix a flat maxilla? Like 15mm? The maximum I've seen done is 15mm lefort 1 by Alfaro
15 mm is nothing. At least 30 mm imo. Giant implants can do it.

• So Sad
Reactions: joseph
15 mm is nothing. At least 30 mm imo. Giant implants can do it.
Bruh 30mm lefort 1... I've literally never seen a surgeon offer more than like 10mm lefort 1, even that 15mm lefort 1 seemed to be an outlier. 30mm lefort 1 is anyone actually ever gonna do that (if it's even safe)? Isn't giant a meme? He's never even performed a DJS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758
Bruh 30mm lefort 1... I've literally never seen a surgeon offer more than like 10mm lefort 1, even that 15mm lefort 1 seemed to be an outlier. 30mm lefort 1 is anyone actually ever gonna do that (if it's even safe)? Isn't giant a meme? He's never even performed a DJS
15mm is not enough to fix a flat maxilla. It's only 1.5 cm.

• +1
Reactions: joseph
15mm is not enough to fix a flat maxilla. It's only 1.5 cm.
I mean I kinda agree but I've literally never seen more than 15mm for lefort 1 being done by a surgeon. That's the worrying part

I mean I kinda agree but I've literally never seen more than 15mm for lefort 1 being done by a surgeon. That's the worrying part
Well I'm sorry to hear this man. I will be getting 30mm. 15mm is not even noticeable on your face.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and joseph
In order to avoid moneky face I need to increase my nasion (nose bridge) through fillers

I will have a bimax consultation in january

Superbimax2

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 38639, subhuman incel and joseph
In order to avoid moneky face I need to increase my nasion (nose bridge) through fillers

I will have a bimax consultation in january

View attachment 1454203
Only like 0.5 mm difference at the nasion. Surely that can't be the difference?

I had rhinoplasty so I'm fucked if I get bimax (which I need).

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 8758
Only like 0.5 mm difference at the nasion. Surely that can't be the difference?

I had rhinoplasty so I'm fucked if I get bimax (which I need).

this is a very bad morph with unrealistic ultra bimax, but it makes you realize how nasion size is important to compensate the jaw advancement

• +1
this is a very bad morph with unrealistic ultra bimax, but it makes you realize how nasion size is important to compensate the jaw advancement

View attachment 1454207
Fuck. I had my nasion and nasal bridge shaved during rhino. That greedy surgeon couldn't tell me I had a recessed maxilla and instead wanted to make money.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Lorsss
Well I'm sorry to hear this man. I will be getting 30mm. 15mm is not even noticeable on your face.
If you don't mind, who are you getting 30mm from? (For lefort 1)? I have a disgusting flat maxilla and I need to fix it. You can DM me, appreciate it.

• +1
Fuck. I had my nasion and nasal bridge shaved during rhino. That greedy surgeon couldn't tell me I had a recessed maxilla and instead wanted to make money.

I had a first consultation with maxfac doctors some day ago. After seeing me he suggested a rhinoplasty consisting of moving cartillage from nose hump to nasion.
I replied that I was looking into orthognatic surgery and I needed a big as nose as possible to compensate the jaw advancement without losing harmony.

So in January I will undergo nasion fillers and then Skull CT scan core beam.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 7725

It's not about greedy surgeons.
I visited a maxillofacial and cosmetic surgeon and he recommended shaving rhinoplasty before even we started talking about orthognatic surgery. Clearly he would earn half the money in performing rhinoplasty instead of bimax.

Nobody mentioned the frontal bone, over for this forum. His brow ridge is clearly underdeveloped making his lower third appear too much forward growth after Lefort advancement. Give him a forward and strong upper third and he will look completely normal.
The Frontal+glabella+nasal limitingfactorpill

if i look like this after my bimax i will kill myself. my radix/ nasal bridge is shit aswell, so wtf do i have to do to prevent this @OldVirgin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
This guy was and still is Chad from the front pre and post bimax, although Id say his nose is slightly worse.

However he got monke face after bimax.

What can you do to avoid looking like a gorilla like this??

Red shirt is before green is after

View attachment 1436459View attachment 1436460View attachment 1436458

View attachment 1436461
It's all about the philtrum. See? No more monkee. If he wants to go overboard, he can augment his glabella and re-shape the cervix/nasal bridge.

• JFL
This guy was and still is Chad from the front pre and post bimax, although Id say his nose is slightly worse.

However he got monke face after bimax.

What can you do to avoid looking like a gorilla like this??

Red shirt is before green is after

View attachment 1436459View attachment 1436460View attachment 1436458

View attachment 1436461
His bimax went well. His nose just looks awkward on his face. His jawline recieved a massive improvement. THe jaw surgery in isolation looks great.

Last edited:
  • +1
What surgery would someone get to go from the guy on the left to the guy on the right? I have a similar base as OP and need the same movement. I might get chimpmaxxed hard.
-Glabella/browridge implant
-Reshaping of the nasal bridge
-Fat injection to the upper lip
-Potential lip lift
-Shaving the bone below the philtrum

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Ronaldo37

Last edited:
I'd assume your paranasal area would remain unchanged though, which is bad for people with big schnozes and hollow paranasal areas due to recession (like me).
do you think a le fort 1 will ascend people with projected noses but recessed paranasal areas HARD because it'll project the paranasal area while also still looking good because the nose is so projected??