How to avoid the degradation of meibomian glands while using retinoids?

idk man i guess you just cant get rid of acne without consequences
it's fucking over for us, there is one thing that can guarantee perfect skin with 0 effort and we cant even use it for god fucking knows what reason

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 17918, justbentbro and 1 other person
it's fucking over for us, there is one thing that can guarantee perfect skin with 0 effort and we cant even use it for god fucking knows what reason
just blast it anyway honestly, muh 'meibomian glands' (first time i hear that term) who gives a fuck as long as it doesnt mess with my lashes or eye color im willing to go half blind

• JFL
Reactions: Wallenberg, wollet2, Tallooksmaxxer and 5 others
just blast it anyway honestly, muh 'meibomian glands' (first time i hear that term) who gives a fuck as long as it doesnt mess with my lashes or eye color im willing to go half blind
you won't be half blind, you will be fully suffering

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17918, justbentbro and Mongrelcel
Apparently Aklief is super expensive and you need health insurance to reasonably get it. Probably need to wait 5-10 years for it to reach europe and uk.
Does Aklief work better in regards to this thread

Edit: nvm didn't realise Aklief is that other retinoid listed

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Screenshot 2022 08 04 19 21 11 671 comandroidchrome
lord Jesus son of God

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Mongrelcel
wait until every day is pain to live through because your eyes are entirely dry

that shit is actually worth killing yourself over because nothing is enjoyable anymore
its like any other chronic pain

• +1
Reactions: justbentbro
Does Aklief work better in regards to this thread

Edit: nvm didn't realise Aklief is that other retinoid listed
it's possible that aklief will be less damaging (or not damaging at all) because its much more selective in what it targets

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17918, justbentbro and ChristianChad
wait until every day is pain to live through because your eyes are entirely dry

that shit is actually worth killing yourself over because nothing is enjoyable anymore
its like any other chronic pain
is this shit even possible to heal or is it permament? i cant even live normal life anymore im just ldaring all day long unable to do anything because of discomfort

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Chadpreetmaybe, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Mongrelcel
is this shit even possible to heal or is it permament? i cant even live normal life anymore im just ldaring all day long unable to do anything because of discomfort
sadly it's permanent brocel

if you used tret recently, there is a possibility that the glands will recover going into the future, but once they are dead, they are dead

you must investigate whether they are truly dead or just not functioning and try to save them as much as possible

as of right now, there isnt really a cure for dry eyes, just things to help cope better

• So Sad
Reactions: justbentbro
sadly it's permanent brocel

if you used tret recently, there is a possibility that the glands will recover going into the future, but once they are dead, they are dead

you must investigate whether they are truly dead or just not functioning and try to save them as much as possible

as of right now, there isnt really a cure for dry eyes, just things to help cope better
I use a moisturiser that contains retinol, should i return that shit?

• +1
Hm, when I started Tret .1% my face looked like a tomato for two weeks, skin flaking, eyes crazy dry and itchy, even some mood changes (that can be caused from excess Vit A)

Then, once my body adapted, everything stopped within two days. I've been on Tret for a year now without issues. I guess some people aren't so lucky.

• +1
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Chadpreetmaybe
Anybody know if there are any retinoids other thank Aklief that may not cause dry eyes while we wait for that one to become more available?

• +1
Anybody know if there are any retinoids other thank Aklief that may not cause dry eyes while we wait for that one to become more available?
no there are not

you can look into bakuchiol, but I'm not sure about the strength of it, and I'm not sure whether it causes damage to the glands too

I've read anecdotal experiences of people saying it didn't make their eyes worse, but it could be just because it's just so weak

edit:

seems like this study would suggest that bakuchiol is comparable in strength to retinol , which itself is much weaker than tretinoin

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17918
@Mongrelcel bro you look sound with skincare, can you tell me a full blown and safe skin care routine that i can use? Ideally it should Target everything that we usually prefer in this community, clear and glowing skin etc

• +1
retinol is so weak that there is nearly no point in doing it or not doing it

new retinoid, one thats much more selective in what it targets aka could be less damaging to the glands
Life fuel

• +1
i read that this shit goes away as you keep applying,

• Ugh..
i read that this shit goes away as you keep applying,
the longer you do it the more damage you do lol
if you're prone to this since somehow not everybody is

@Mongrelcel bro you look sound with skincare, can you tell me a full blown and safe skin care routine that i can use? Ideally it should Target everything that we usually prefer in this community, clear and glowing skin etc
im not I only do microneedling

but tret is all you need tbh, tret sunscreen some moisturizer

it's just us incels that have to bother with alternatives

the longer you do it the more damage you do lol
if you're prone to this since somehow not everybody is

im not I only do microneedling

but tret is all you need tbh, tret sunscreen some moisturizer

it's just us incels that have to bother with alternatives
I read on reddit 2 times omega oil daily for 2 months fixed it

I might have damaged my left gland with putting ice on it.

Is differin/adapalene also causing that shit?

• +1
I'm not talking about looks

I'm talking about the retinoid eroding the function of the meibomian glands, making them secrete less oil (and of lower quality), therefore the tear film above your cornea dries up faster, therefore you have dry eyes
My eyes bad problem after taking accutane. Taking Astaxanthin 5mg every day fixed it. I was taking Krill oil and even it didn’t work

• +1
My eyes bad problem after taking accutane. Taking Astaxanthin 5mg every day fixed it. I was taking Krill oil and even it didn’t work
Yes, accutante is the worst one, because it's entirely systemic

and I'm planning to take Astaxanthin 5mg every day in the near future as well, will report back

glad to hear it worked for you