How to break sugar addiction

B

blackbencarson

Bronze
I've been trying to lose bf and fix my body so I won't be so hideous anymore and I'm really disciplined when it comes to exercise. I workout at least once a day, sometimes twice and I've fixed 90% of my diet to where I mostly eat clean and hit all my macros/nutrients but the one thing I can't get under control is my sugar intake. Its like a legit addiction I eat some type of candy or chocolate every single day and if I go more than a few days eating good without any sugar I wind up binging on an ungodly amount of sugar and ruining any progress I make in the gym

its frustrating af to be putting in so much hard work every day with exercise and ruining it in 10 minutes because i cant control my urges smh

Then have a little bit of sugar, reduce it to something small.

stop eating sugar you fucking pig, eat whole foods that are healthy, in a few weeks you won't want to eat that peasant slob anymore

slowly cut it down go from 1 chocolate bar a day to once every two days then once every three etc..

@blackbencarson

Recently made a thread about this, copying and pasting my OP here:

Have a high fat + protein breakfast.

Doing this consistently, I NEVER crave sugar, even whilst I’m currently in a caloric deficit.

I’ve tried intermittent fasting as well as carb-heavy breakfasts and both lead me to have mad fluctuations in energy/mood/hunger, this is due to blood sugar. I also craved sugar loads and was prone to binge eat.

Your breakfast can have some carbs for general energy but it should be primarily fat and protein, the combination of both these macros keep me satisfied for a very long time, also my energy/mood is better.

My breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs with butter on 2 toasts + 2 slices of cheese.

I workout in the evening and have most of my day’s carbs in the meals before and after the workout. Carbs are still important, especially for gym performance so don’t completely cut them out.

• +1
Reactions: ALP