How to bypass parental controls on a wifi network by spoofing the MAC address

R

randomuser2407

Noble Natty
My dad put parental controls on the wifi network to prevent me from accessing the internet so that I would focus on studying for my classes instead of spending my time online, but I managed to find a way to change my computer's identification code to get brand new settings with no restrictions.

I did that by changing the MAC address. Here are the steps to do it on a Windows 10 PC:

1) Type regedit in the windows search bar to access the Registry Editor
2) Then go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\
3) Then you will see your different wifi adapters, they all have numbers like: 0001, 0002, 0003, and so on.
4) Click on each of those folders and look under "DriverDesc" for the adapter name
5) Figure out which folder is your adapter by matching the name of your wifi adapter with the adapter name in "DriverDesc"
6) Once you find it, right click on that numbered file (0004 is the name of mine), and click on new string value
7) Then name it "NetworkAddress"
8) Then double click on NetworkAddress to change its value
9) Enter a value that starts with either (06, 0A, 02, or 0E) (it must only start with one of those otherwise it won't work) that has 6 (2 digit) numbers separated by a dash (-) so a good example would be (0A-11-22-33-44-55, or 0E-12-23-43-54-45) (the numbers after the first 2 digits don't matter so you can use whatever combination you want)
10) Press Enter to confirm
11) Then go to Device manager, and go under network cards, find your network card and deactivate it
12) Now, reactivate the card and your MAC address will be reset and the parental controls on your computer will be completely gone

You can keep changing your MAC address every time they put new parental controls and they'll never be able to limit your connection with parental controls anymore.

If you want to see those steps in a video, you can look at the one I used. However for the technique to find the adapter name in registry editor, I had to find that myself because there was no video on this, and with the method used in the videos, it only works if you're already connected to the internet. The steps I wrote above though work even when you are put under the parental controls and can't use the internet. Here is the video I used:

And if they just change the wifi password, resetting it is as easy as unplugging the router and plugging it back in again (that will restore the router's default password which is usually written on the back of the router).

I got this idea of spoofing the MAC address thanks to a good friend who studies in cybersecurity in college. I had to use my 4g phone data to have the internet access to find all this information, you don't need 4g access to apply the steps though.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, lutte, sytyl and 2 others
what a g

• +1
Reactions: piscicide and randomuser2407
giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: 6485b025t
tbh you look like ebay tom welling ngl

• +1
Reactions: randomuser2407
tbh you look like ebay tom welling ngl
Yeah because we both have a huge lower third with good forward growth, a huge nose, and normie eyes (lack of eye support and rounder eyes than male models), thick eyebrows, big lips, and even my hair is the same, when I let it grow the same length everywhere it looks the same as Tom Welling in Smallville.

However, he still looks better than me even though he has similar features compared to me, probably because of phenotype and because of the finer details of the face that can't be changed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9072
im too dumb to do that i just phoned up sky :lul: