how to fix a long philtrum

J

jeancastex

Bronze
hi guys
ok so my biggest failo is my damn long philtrum. i don't know how i can fix it. i don't want to fraud with beard and mustache because i look way better clean shaved
i know the option might be a lip lift but it seems to be a high risk procedure.
whant could i do? thanks a lot

reminder that people on here get obo, and this mf is scared over lip lift

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Zenis, rooman, Deleted member 9670 and 2 others
it seems that the result look kinda weird or gay many times. but maybe i'm wrong. i live in france and the surgeon aare far from top tier in this kind of procedure. any constructive advice would be great.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
but if this is safe then i will do it for sure!
i have read that lefort 1 ccw could also reduce the phltrum lenght

it seems that the result look kinda weird or gay many times. but maybe i'm wrong. i live in france and the surgeon aare far from top tier in this kind of procedure. any constructive advice would be great.
ur french so u already look gay

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Roamer, rooman, potentialzaddy and 2 others
but if someone have constructive advice for me that would great! thanks

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Lip lift... if you go to the right doc they can do it in a way where it's more of a philtrum shortening compared to how they do for women where it's more of a 'lip flip'. I got it done and it doesn't look overly feminine at all, it's a very quick and relatively inexpensive surgery.

• Love it
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 22126, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
Lip lift... if you go to the right doc they can do it in a way where it's more of a philtrum shortening compared to how they do for women where it's more of a 'lip flip'. I got it done and it doesn't look overly feminine at all, it's a very quick and relatively inexpensive surgery.
thanks because my lip are already quite normal i think ( maybe my upper lip is thinner), but i just need to reduce my philtrum. i emailed a french surgeon who told me he could just reduce my philtrum. but many guys said it is impossible to just reduce the philtrum and not increasing the upper lips , and the scar can be bad sometimes

Lip lift is defo risky from a standpoint of aesthetic results

I wouldnt get it unless your philtrum is extremley long

it makes your philtrum look thick and meaty and looks weird when you smile- the surgeon I consulted says he rarely does it on men and thinks the results are only good on women

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 2729
hi guys
ok so my biggest failo is my damn long philtrum. i don't know how i can fix it. i don't want to fraud with beard and mustache because i look way better clean shaved
whant could i do? thanks a lot
Mine is probably worse

Attachments

• 6E1F1538-7F0B-45F3-A24D-B7E7948A0AC3.jpeg
    6E1F1538-7F0B-45F3-A24D-B7E7948A0AC3.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17291
Check your smile. If you have upper gum exposure, you'll give yourself a gummy smile.
But only wusses smile anyway.
Upper lip bigger than the lower one is very uncanny, but you can compensate with a lower lip filler.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 17291
Lip lift is defo risky from a standpoint of aesthetic results

I wouldnt get it unless your philtrum is extremley long

it makes your philtrum look thick and meaty and looks weird when you smile- the surgeon I consulted says he rarely does it on men and thinks the results are only good on women
thanks, so what can i do? i have a 2 cm philtrum and something like 36 mm chin. i have big lower lips too...

thanks, so what can i do? i have a 2 cm philtrum and something like 36 mm chin. i have big lower lips too...
maybe its worth it in your case then- I have 16mm philtrum and 34mm chin and the surgeon advised against it in my case

or should i get a chin wing? like that when i " cheat " the jaw ,?

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: HerpDerpson, Polar and NoPainNoChick
View attachment 1751406

worst case of bdd ive seen yet :lul: a "long" philtrum is the least of your worries, i cant even think of any looksmaxxes you could do other than gymcelling if you havent already done that, go ahead and slay unless ur a manlet

Last edited:
worst case of bdd ive yet seen :lul: a "long" philtrum is the least of your worries, i cant even think of any looksmaxxes you could do other than gymcelling if you havent already done that, go ahead and slay unless ur a manlet
i have hair loss since i'm 18 and taking dutasteride and minoxidil since. i recently tried oral minoxidil which has destroyed my look...
hair loss is the worst thing.... i also consider a nose job but it would make my philtrum even longer i think

worst case of bdd ive seen yet :lul: a "long" philtrum is the least of your worries, i cant even think of any looksmaxxes you could do other than gymcelling if you havent already done that, go ahead and slay unless ur a manlet
current body, and not manlet, but i am exttremely depressed by the minoxidil side effect i am getting and by my fucking philtrum/ aging. ( i'm turning 30 )

Attachments

• mst.jpg
    mst.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • mant.png
    mant.png
    456.1 KB · Views: 0
who is youre surgeon bro?
Ramieri- he specifically told me he doesnt like the way lip lifts look on men even though he performs them himself and I originally wanted one so it wouldve been in his interest to push it on me but he strongly advised no- said it would make my smile look weird

Ramieri- he specifically told me he doesnt like the way lip lifts look on men even though he performs them himself and I originally wanted one so it wouldve been in his interest to push it on me but he strongly advised no- said it would make my smile look weird
damn that is what i thought about lip lift... don't know what to do then, maybe lower lip reduction?

bro,stfu the more time goes by the more I realize how much this forum destroys people's mental health, stop looking for perfection, ok you have a long philtrum and? you already have a very good base and your pretended worry is not a worry

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1990 and Moggie
damn that is what i thought about lip lift... don't know what to do then, maybe lower lip reduction?
get a consult and ask a well respected surgeon yourself- like I said my philtrum is only slightly long (16mm) so mybe in my case the trade off of slightly improved resting face vs potentially messing up smile wasnt worth it. Yours is 20mm which is a lot longer, in your case the risk:reward is maybe different.

Im not telling you 100% dont get it im just saying what the surgeon who i do trust a lot tbh told me

View attachment 1751406

Don't listen to the crabs, shortening it would give you a great compact midface, if it's 20, that's gigalong, it'll improve you. People who should looksmax the most are the ones with good starting base like you.

bro,stfu the more time goes by the more I realize how much this forum destroys people's mental health, stop looking for perfection, ok you have a long philtrum and? you already have a very good base and your pretended worry is not a worry
the think that has really destroyed my "look" is this minoxidil shit. getting hypertrichosis on whole body and face. i will have to do electrolysis on my whole face ( risking scarring)... that shit is madness

Don't listen to the crabs, shortening it would give you a great compact midface, if it's 20, that's gigalong, it'll improve you. People who should looksmax the most are the ones with good starting base like you.
yes 20 mm indeed. fuck it was way better when i was younger.

when i was i middleschool my " only" flaw was my nose , and i have always wanted to change it, but now i have hairloss/ philtrum/ unwanted hair, etc... it nevers end

• So Sad
Reactions: HerpDerpson
Better than topical?
bro that shit is madness. if you speak in terms of unwanted facial hair / eyebrow/ eyelash this is crazy. i used topical for many years at crazy dosage like 10 ml a day and slight hypertrichosis, but when i tried oral minoxidil last year for 3 month at 1.25 mg it grow my eyelash and eyebrow like crazy. i stopped because it was wayyy too much , but unfortunately things doesnt come back to baseline, and no i look like a fucking ape

bro that shit is madness. if you speak in terms of unwanted facial hair / eyebrow/ eyelash this is crazy. i used topical for many years at crazy dosage like 10 ml a day and slight hypertrichosis, but when i tried oral minoxidil last year for 3 month at 1.25 mg it grow my eyelash and eyebrow like crazy. i stopped because it was wayyy too much , but unfortunately things doesnt come back to baseline, and no i look like a fucking ape
Well i want thicker eyebrows/lashes/and definitely facial hair so can you please elab more on oral minox like price wise is cheaper or more expensive than topical and how to take it and what dosage because im literally going to cop a topical 5% next week might change my mind

any sides?

Well i want thicker eyebrows/lashes/and definitely facial hair so can you please elab more on oral minox like price wise is cheaper or more expensive than topical and how to take it and what dosage because im literally going to cop a topical 5% next week might change my mind
oral minoxidil at any dosage will certainly improve youre eybrow/ eyelash and facial hair, but beware it increases facial hair everywhere ! i get now terminal hair under eyes/ nosebridge/ t zone / middle of the cheek, crazy weird area.... male usualy start at 1.25 mg and can go up to 5 mg daily. you can buy it on alldaychemist

any sides?
yes hypertrichosis of whole body and face... it has ruined my life for the moment ( not joking), i wish i had stick with the topical

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
oral minoxidil at any dosage will certainly improve youre eybrow/ eyelash and facial hair, but beware it increases facial hair everywhere ! i get now terminal hair under eyes/ nosebridge/ t zone / middle of the cheek, crazy weird area.... male usualy start at 1.25 mg and can go up to 5 mg daily. you can buy it on alldaychemist
Then i guess a man should know when to stop maybe 1month/1month and a half would be enough than i can stick to the topical

He could defo benefit from a nose job tbh

He could defo benefit from a nose job tbh
i am scared it would make my philtrum look even longer! i have a bulbous tip and this is the hardest kind of rhino

you have a normal midface ratio, lengthen the nose

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88