How to fix asymmetrical jaw development

Napoleon1800

Napoleon1800

What is wrong with me?
Right side of my jaw, or my face but let's focus on the jaw, is less developed than my left. The gonial angle is higher, the ramus is shorter, there is less of an antegonial notch, the masseters are smaller, the neck muscles are smaller and weaker, and gonions are more inward. The left side of my face has thicker neck, more outward gonions and mandible , lower gonial angle, longer ramus, straighter ramus, more jawline visibility, antegonial notch, larger masseter and just overall better developed. This makes my jaw also tilted to the left. Is there anyway to fix this ? As any further development would also be asymmetrical

• +1
Reactions: mrmogger2882 and NoReedemingFeature
Go see a doctor, you might need surgery

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
How old are you?

• +1
Go see a doctor, you might need surgery
Went to an orthodontist, just said have proper posture, chew properly, don't Sleep on your stomach

• +1
Reactions: turkishpslgod
Right side of my jaw, or my face but let's focus on the jaw, is less developed than my left. The gonial angle is higher, the ramus is shorter, there is less of an antegonial notch, the masseters are smaller, the neck muscles are smaller and weaker, and gonions are more inward. The left side of my face has thicker neck, more outward gonions and mandible , lower gonial angle, longer ramus, straighter ramus, more jawline visibility, antegonial notch, larger masseter and just overall better developed. This makes my jaw also tilted to the left. Is there anyway to fix this ? As any further development would also be asymmetrical
It sounds a little like hemifacial microsomia or something. Pic?

Went to an orthodontist, just said have proper posture, chew properly, don't Sleep on your stomach
Have you tried going to a jaw surgeon?

• +1
Be my Guinea pig try the mouth guard method unilaterally

• +1
Braces

Shit advice in this thread

• +1
Chew both sides

• +1
Get a generic mouth guard and equally cut the two sides where the molars touch and clench lightly for a month
And what is ur hypothesis for what result this may yield

And what is ur hypothesis for what result this may yield
Lower gonion not a hypothesis per se cause a appliance that’s extremely similar yields similar results

• +1
Lower gonion not a hypothesis per se cause a appliance that’s extremely similar yields similar results
Lower gonion meaning lengthen the ramus? And why do u think this might happen, what's that appliance

Lower gonion meaning lengthen the ramus? And why do u think this might happen, what's that appliance
Don’t get it it’s called starecta and it lengthens midface. It was in a post I saw but basically when you clench your molars you put upward and downward pressure on the gonion so it lengthens it.

• +1
Don’t get it it’s called starecta and it lengthens midface. It was in a post I saw but basically when you clench your molars you put upward and downward pressure on the gonion so it lengthens it.
Isn't starecta for posture?
And what makes u think clenching down on a mouthguard also won't increase midface length, also clenching tenses masseters and iirc that causes jaw to recess?

Isn't starecta for posture?
And what makes u think clenching down on a mouthguard also won't increase midface length,
Yes it is for posture. Postural correction via the jaw. Jaw is the main point it looks to fix. And by that the whole body.

also clenching tenses masseters and iirc that causes jaw to recess?
It could but the mouth guard method is way less restrictive and you can also thumb pull and mew to combat recession if there is any

• +1
Yes it is for posture. Postural correction via the jaw. Jaw is the main point it looks to fix. And by that the whole body.

It could but the mouth guard method is way less restrictive and you can also thumb pull and mew to combat recession if there is any
Alright I'll look into it.

• Love it
Reactions: the_nextDavidLaid