How to fix lower scleral show

NZb6Air

NZb6Air

Kraken
I have read a lot of retarded shit coming from low iq surgery copers like @piec @k99 (JFL at not having them muted btw)

Saying you should get lower eyelid retraction to fix lower scleral show i.e. thinking(noun) that is typical of noobs (soft tissue bro (they don't have the iq to imagine there's an entire system under the skin that affects the outside)

First of all how to tell you have lower scleral show?

Note : we're talking about 1 or 2 millimeters btw

According to Dr. Naini :

The eyelids cover the exposed anterior projection of the eyeball.

The upper lid is larger, more curved and rather more active than the lower¹. [...]
The superior most point of the curve of the upper lid margin is approximately one-third of an eye width from the medial canthus. The inferior most point of the gently arcing lower lid margin lies between the pupil and lateral limbus, approximately one-third of an eye width from the lateral canthus (Figure 12.11 ). The upper eyelid margin overlaps the superior iris limbus by 1 – 2 mm. There should be minimal or no scleral exposure between the lower lid margin and the inferior limbus; excessive scleral exposure below the iris is a sign of midfacial hypoplasia.

(Figure 12.11)

Again, here he's describing patients with malar deficiency and we can see they have notable lower scleral show

Again here we have a patient with Crouzon syndrome used to describe orbital hypertelorism, Crouzon syndrome patients have deficient maxillas

I quote him again :

"In a patient with normal midfacial morphology and in NHP there should be no sclera exposed either above or below the irides in a relaxed eyelid position and forward gaze. Increased scleral exposure above the lower eyelid and below the iris of the eye is a sign of sagittal upper midfacial deficiency due to retrusion of the inferior orbital rim (Figure 16.5)."

PS : it's also accompanied with nasojugal folds most of the time

Now that we know what is lower scleral exposure and its cause, where did the eyelid retraction surgery thing come from?

Because of people's propension to hold soft tissue surgeries in a more favourable eye (bone is scary). Eyelid retraction surgery has been an effective way to deal with eyelid retraction related to thryoid eye disease, basically TED swells and inflames the tissues around the eyes (including muscles² - ³ and fat (thus fat removal during OD aswell -- it's what Taban does at least), the peri muscles are enlarged⁴ bla.. bla bla this excessive tension weakens the orbicularis which makes the levator overact, etc.⁵
Since it's not even muh minimally invasive ( read more here : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8988987/pdf/TJO-12-12.pdf ) you have to be a good candidate for it which means your eyelids should be weak, thankfully I've made guide on how to determine that :

So if they aren't and you have nasojugal folds then you have most likely an upper maxillary deficency i.e. retrusion of the infraorbital rim, therefore you have to fix it by getting infraorbital implants (and not fillers JFL https://looksmax.org/threads/filler-artificial-fat-implants-artificial-bone.992716/ )

Inb4 muh there's no results, it's literally well documented in the literature : Just open pubmed lil bro or some book

However if your scleral show is above 2 mms then you should combine it with fat grafts and then even lower eyelid retraction if it's even more severe BUT a fat graft/filler/LER WITHOUT an infraorbital rim implant WILL LOOK SHIT

¹Flowers RS. The art of eyelid and orbital aesthetics: multiracial surgical considerations. Clin Plast Surg 1987;14 (4):703 – 21.
²Cockerham KP, Hidayat AA, Brown HG, Cockerham GC, Graner SR. Clinicopathologic evaluation of the Mueller muscle in thyroidassociated orbitopathy. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;18:11‑7
³Shih MJ, Liao SL, Kuo KT, Smith TJ, Chuang LM. Molecular pathology of Muller’s muscle in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006;91:1159‑67
⁴Small RG. Enlargement of levator palpebrae superioris muscle fibers in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. Ophthalmology 1989;96:424‑30.
⁵Harrison AR, McLoon LK. Effect of hyperthyroidism on the orbicularis oculi muscle in rabbits. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;18:289‑94.

@greycel @onion_salad @truthhurts @Asspear @UZB_Strebl @chrishell @sb23

Attachments

• 1725677157442.png
    1725677157442.png
    322 KB · Views: 0
  • 1725677307172.png
    1725677307172.png
    742.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: iabsolvejordan, Alexanderr, ey88 and 15 others
Good thread! Unfortunately I’m too low IQ to understand it but I agree with everything you said.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: yolan, entrytrash, iabsolvejordan and 6 others
@RealSurgerymax fact check

• +1
Reactions: Rea, YungTrappa and truthhurts
  • +1
Reactions: mathis, iabsolvejordan, ey88 and 6 others
you need to get it saddled as well I'm pretty sure. Otherwise it doesn't go high enough usually

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and truthhurts
you need to get it saddled as well I'm pretty sure. Otherwise it doesn't go high enough usually
Interesting. Guess I’ll find out soon lol. My implant is def not saddled.

• +1
However if your scleral show is above 2 mms then you should combine it with fat grafts and then even lower eyelid retraction if it's even more severe BUT a fat graft/filler/LER WITHOUT an infraorbital rim implant WILL LOOK SHIT
where did u get this from? source from ur incel ass huh
also jfl at having someone muted u little pussy

Last edited:
Great thread, actual looksmaxxing on looksmax.org after a long time

• Love it
  • +1

the single case of sclera show fixed with infraorbitals... by using midface lift :lul:

again. couldnt send a single example showing how scleral show was completly fixed solely with filler, osteotomy, implant, nothing. not a single case out of 10s of thousands of people which got them. this was the best you had.

you embarrased yourself in the thread you posted above to the point you edited your reply like a little bitch and its still not enough for you

https://looksmax.org/goto/post?id=16936570

what can you expect from basement dwelling subhumans thinking they will get lefort 3 and become chad along with other 10 surgeries
just complete delusion

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: k99
View attachment 3154297
View attachment 3154309
the single case of sclera show fixed with infraorbitals... by using midface lift :lul:

again. couldnt send a single example showing how scleral show was completly fixed solely with filler, osteotomy, implant, nothing. not a single case out of 10s of thousands of people which got them. this was the best you had.

View attachment 3154313

you embarrased yourself in the thread you posted above to the point you edited your reply like a little bitch and its still not enough for you

https://looksmax.org/goto/post?id=16936570

what can you expect from basement dwelling subhumans thinking they will get lefort 3 and become chad along with other 10 surgeries
just complete delusion
guy is a complete and utter moron just lol at dalits taking advice from him he just spams infra implants to everyone asking for surgeries

• +1
Reactions: piec
OP i recommended to the other mods this thread be placed into botb, if you are willing to expand on it more that is and make the formatting more appealing

(add the eyelid pulling directly in the thread, expand more on implant design, etc)

Good work though!!

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: coispet and NZb6Air
OP i recommended to the other mods this thread be placed into botb, if you are willing to expand on it more that is and make the formatting more appealing

(add the eyelid pulling directly in the thread, expand more on implant design, etc)

Good work though!!
appreciated :D , i'll try to make another more complete and less polemic one

I have read a lot of retarded shit coming from low iq surgery copers like @piec @k99 (JFL at not having them muted btw)

View attachment 3153399

Saying you should get lower eyelid retraction to fix lower scleral show i.e. thinking(noun) that is typical of noobs (soft tissue bro (they don't have the iq to imagine there's an entire system under the skin that affects the outside)

First of all how to tell you have lower scleral show?

Note : we're talking about 1 or 2 millimeters btw

According to Dr. Naini :

The eyelids cover the exposed anterior projection of the eyeball.

The upper lid is larger, more curved and rather more active than the lower¹. [...]
The superior most point of the curve of the upper lid margin is approximately one-third of an eye width from the medial canthus. The inferior most point of the gently arcing lower lid margin lies between the pupil and lateral limbus, approximately one-third of an eye width from the lateral canthus (Figure 12.11 ). The upper eyelid margin overlaps the superior iris limbus by 1 – 2 mm. There should be minimal or no scleral exposure between the lower lid margin and the inferior limbus; excessive scleral exposure below the iris is a sign of midfacial hypoplasia.

View attachment 3153423(Figure 12.11)

Again, here he's describing patients with malar deficiency and we can see they have notable lower scleral show
View attachment 3153431View attachment 3153432View attachment 3153433

Again here we have a patient with Crouzon syndrome used to describe orbital hypertelorism, Crouzon syndrome patients have deficient maxillas

View attachment 3153436View attachment 3153439

I quote him again :

"In a patient with normal midfacial morphology and in NHP there should be no sclera exposed either above or below the irides in a relaxed eyelid position and forward gaze. Increased scleral exposure above the lower eyelid and below the iris of the eye is a sign of sagittal upper midfacial deficiency due to retrusion of the inferior orbital rim (Figure 16.5)."

View attachment 3153443

PS : it's also accompanied with nasojugal folds most of the time

Now that we know what is lower scleral exposure and its cause, where did the eyelid retraction surgery thing come from?

Because of people's propension to hold soft tissue surgeries in a more favourable eye (bone is scary). Eyelid retraction surgery has been an effective way to deal with eyelid retraction related to thryoid eye disease, basically TED swells and inflames the tissues around the eyes (including muscles² - ³ and fat (thus fat removal during OD aswell -- it's what Taban does at least), the peri muscles are enlarged⁴ bla.. bla bla this excessive tension weakens the orbicularis which makes the levator overact, etc.⁵
Since it's not even muh minimally invasive ( read more here : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8988987/pdf/TJO-12-12.pdf ) you have to be a good candidate for it which means your eyelids should be weak, thankfully I've made guide on how to determine that :

View attachment 3153490View attachment 3153489
So if they aren't and you have nasojugal folds then you have most likely an upper maxillary deficency i.e. retrusion of the infraorbital rim, therefore you have to fix it by getting infraorbital implants (and not fillers JFL https://looksmax.org/threads/filler-artificial-fat-implants-artificial-bone.992716/ )

Inb4 muh there's no results, it's literally well documented in the literature : Just open pubmed lil bro or some book

View attachment 3153497View attachment 3153473View attachment 3153475

View attachment 3153477View attachment 3153478

View attachment 3153514

¹Flowers RS. The art of eyelid and orbital aesthetics: multiracial surgical considerations. Clin Plast Surg 1987;14 (4):703 – 21.
²Cockerham KP, Hidayat AA, Brown HG, Cockerham GC, Graner SR. Clinicopathologic evaluation of the Mueller muscle in thyroidassociated orbitopathy. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;18:11‑7
³Shih MJ, Liao SL, Kuo KT, Smith TJ, Chuang LM. Molecular pathology of Muller’s muscle in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006;91:1159‑67
⁴Small RG. Enlargement of levator palpebrae superioris muscle fibers in Graves’ ophthalmopathy. Ophthalmology 1989;96:424‑30.
⁵Harrison AR, McLoon LK. Effect of hyperthyroidism on the orbicularis oculi muscle in rabbits. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;18:289‑94.

@greycel @onion_salad @truthhurts @Asspear @UZB_Strebl @chrishell @sb23
DNR but coming from you it's high IQ and correct so I rep

• +1
Reactions: YungTrappa and NZb6Air
literally in the thread or is the pharmacist also squinting bro?

your reply like a little bitc
you edited it to include lefort 3 :lul: = no point contuing ttalking to u (surgery coper)

literally in the thread or is the pharmacist also squinting bro?
where in the thread? the one where its fixed by using a midface lift or the one whre the subject does not even have sclera visible in the before picture? those are the only 2 before and afters here.
you edited it to include lefort 3 :lul: = no point contuing ttalking to u (surgery coper)
wont even try to guess what that means

most lower eyelid retraction results i've seen give this weird look to your eyelid where it looks like you're always squinting, not aesthetic at all imo

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
@NZb6Air so what surgeon would you trust with the design and placement of the infras ?

two of the surgeons i've talked with do not want to place saddled infras, saying that its risky ( even tho they had no problems with me wanting jaw angle implants )

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
High iq as always

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Rzn and NZb6Air
@NZb6Air so what surgeon would you trust with the design and placement of the infras ?

two of the surgeons i've talked with do not want to place saddled infras, saying that its risky ( even tho they had no problems with me wanting jaw angle implants )
you want a list or ? just pm

• +1
Reactions: ihatewhiterose