How to fix posture?

ascension!

ascension!

The next Chadlite™
So, I'm 15y/o with a fucked posture caused by 5-years in a row of video games, being sedentary, hunched over and pulling my head "back" to be able to see my TV (it's on the ceiling), which caused me too much tension in the neck. This gave me a slight hunched back with a forward neck and on top of that, I got pelvic tilt, MY BODY POSTURE IS SO FUCKEDDDD!!!!

Why is there no guide on how to improve posture? It's a HUMAN PRIVILEGE, with which WE ARE BORN, but due to our sedentary and technological lifestyle, we simply screw ourselves MORE!! I'm calling all posturecels to help me fix this. We need a thread on How-To.

• +1
Reactions: Phrenectomy and Brazitard
So, I'm 15y/o with a fucked posture caused by 5-years in a row of video games, being sedentary, hunched over and pulling my head "back" to be able to see my TV (it's on the ceiling), which caused me too much tension in the neck. This gave me a slight hunched back with a forward neck and on top of that, I got pelvic tilt, MY BODY POSTURE IS SO FUCKEDDDD!!!!

Why is there no guide on how to improve posture? It's a HUMAN PRIVILEGE, with which WE ARE BORN, but due to our sedentary and technological lifestyle, we simply screw ourselves MORE!! I'm calling all posturecels to help me fix this. We need a thread on How-To.
Stretch and strengthen

• +1
Reactions: Brazitard, Stallone, terrorblade and 1 other person
Stretch regularly and work out

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, terrorblade and ascension!
- Minimalist shoes (Ex: vivo barefoot trainers) to begin strengthening your feet

- Get a gym membership and start barbell weight training + treadmill running

- for weightlifting, do the starting strength program or this beginner bodybuilding program from reddit. Keep your lifts in proportion using a site like symmetricstrength.com or strengthlevel.com to keep all your lift scores close

- for running, run 3 times a week for a distance between 1 mile and a 5k

By the time you can bench press your bodyweight for 5 reps and run an 8 minute mile your posture should be drastically improved.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, Deleted member 20097, MogTheMogger and 2 others
Stretch and strengthen
I'm going to do stretches to strengthen my shoulder blades, hip retractors and therefore my glutes, feet and ankles. Similarly, in the Gym I work all these muscle groups, except for the feet and ankles, for these, I will only stretch and try to be barefoot as long as possible, to be able to balance and mobilize them even more.

Do wall angels (google it)

Swim

No pillow and lie on your back when you sleep
Or put your pillow vertical from your upper back to your head.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ascension!, Seth Walsh and Deleted member 8988
Chin tucks and intraabdominal pressure

Chin tucks and intraabdominal pressure
What kind of pressure? Since our posture or "position" lines up with an abdomen up-and-in.

• +1
Reactions: Laikyn
Very simple. Stretch your arms up to the ceiling as hard as possible and make sure your head and spine are straight with an inward curve on the lower back. After that , bring your arms down without changing the straight head and spine. It'll be uncomfortable at first but you'll get used to it.

What kind of pressure? Since our posture or "position" lines up with an abdomen up-and-in.
Make a ballon in ur abs
As babies we used to keep intraabdominal pressure whenever we needed to mobilise it is our natural posture
Look into looksmax doc on yt

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
Make a ballon in ur abs
As babies we used to keep intraabdominal pressure whenever we needed to mobilise it is our natural posture
Look into looksmax doc on yt
Thanks, do u got the link?

- Minimalist shoes (Ex: vivo barefoot trainers) to begin strengthening your feet
btw watch out whoever tries this and adapt slowly, if you quit normal shoes cold turkey you can strain the shit outta your feet because of using muscles you've never used in your life

• +1

Cobra pose stretch. It is the complete opposite of sitting. Stretch your hip flexors. Work on your abdomen. Do thoracic mobility work with a foam roller, peanut roller and other thoracic mobility stretching and exercises.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and ascension!
btw watch out whoever tries this and adapt slowly, if you quit normal shoes cold turkey you can strain the shit outta your feet because of using muscles you've never used in your life
very true, also blisters

• +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
Cobra pose stretch. It is the complete opposite of sitting. Stretch your hip flexors. Work on your abdomen. Do thoracic mobility work with a foam roller, peanut roller and other thoracic mobility stretching and exercises.
just googled what a peanut roller is
goofiest shit I've seen in my life

• JFL
heavy back exercises

There are a million guides on youtube you lazy retard.

As said above, strengthen and stretch... Going to a Chiropractor will be the best for you... Also get dental braces because misaligned/crooked teeth can cause posture issues too.

The skull is the nase of the body, and the teeth are the base of the skull... But the good thing is that our skull bones are movable and can be aligned if we fix our teeth balance.

I have a 4-curve scoliosis and a severe Hyperkyphosis/Dowager's Hump that's taking 2 inches or more from my height... I also plan to fix it soon once a get a job.