How to get a huge neck with only weight plates

6’1cel

6’1cel

6'3cel now* living in denmark
Neck curls

• Do 3-5x20​
  • advance 2-5 lbs ever session if you can perform 20 reps on all sets​
  • Your rest should be 1-1:30 minutes​
The neck curl will train your sternocleidomastoid, which will add width to the neck from a frontal view

Side neck curls

• Do 2-5x25 on each side (my reasoning behind the high amount of reps is that the side curl has a very small range of motion)​

The side neck curl will like the neck curl, train the sternocleidomastoid, but unlike the neck curl, it trains the scalenes muscles which will further add mass to the sides for the neck

Neck extensions

• Do 4-6x20​
  • Purchase a neck harness if you want​

Neck extensions train the upper trapezius, the levator scapulae and the splenius capitis, which will make your neck appear very thick and muscular from the back and sides

btw you can just do these on your bed, sofa or on a table if you don’t have a bench

@RealLooksmaxxer
@realklay11
@Chintuck22
@WadlowMaxxing
@lutte
@PrestonYnot

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Warlow, Deleted member 14650, eduardkoopman and 24 others
whats your skull height?

• +1
Reactions: 6’1cel
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22, WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 11748
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Deleted member 11748
not really but skull size literally doesn’t matter anyway
yes. Your ideal height is literally 175 jfl

skull matters for presence

• JFL
will this improve forward head posture and straighten neck spine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10136
yes. Your ideal height is literally 175 jfl

skull matters for presence
for presence jfl
stop having autism
skull size literally doesn’t matter
height and frame will give you presence

• +1
Reactions: animo123, Alexanderr, HighIQcel and 2 others
BROTHER is back

tenor.gif

@realklay11 @BalkanPig GTFIH. Add him to the group
:feelsyay:

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, WadlowMaxxing, 6’1cel and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, .👽., WadlowMaxxing and 1 other person
I am not going to this many exercises purely for the neck in every workout lol. If I were to do 1 exercise of these in my workout, which one is best. The neck curl?

I am not going to this many exercises purely for the neck in every workout lol. If I were to do 1 exercise of these in my workout, which one is best. The neck curl?
maybe do one of them at the end of your workout then do the other neck exercises in your next sessions and repeat? that way you hit all areas of your neck

you can also just do them on your rest day

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Thanks alot, my neck is super skinny tbh

• +1
Amazing thread

• +1
Thanks alot, my neck is super skinny tbh
care to measure it?

btw my neck has grown from 40,5cm to now 43cm while also having leaned down and lost a bit of neck fat in that period and i’m about 2 months in

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 7785 and Deleted member 6695
Neck curls

• Do 3-5x20​
The neck curl will train your sternocleidomastoid, which will add width to the neck from a frontal view
View attachment 1137797

Side neck curls

• Do 2-5x25 on each side (my reasoning behind the high amount of reps is that the side curl has a very small range of motion)​

The side neck curl will like the neck curl, train the sternocleidomastoid, but unlike the neck curl, it trains the scalenes muscles which will further add mass to the sides for the neck
View attachment 1137806

Neck extensions

• Do 4-6x20​
View attachment 1137813

Neck extensions train the upper trapezius, the levator scapulae and the splenius capitis, which will make your neck appear very thick and muscular from the back and sides
View attachment 1137824
btw you can just do these on your bed, sofa or on a table if you don’t have a bench

@RealLooksmaxxer
@realklay11
@Chintuck22
@WadlowMaxxing
@lutte
@PrestonYnot

legit guide

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785 and 6’1cel
care to measure it?

btw my neck has grown from 40,5cm to now 43cm while also having leaned down and lost a bit of neck fat in that period and i’m about 2 months in
Its 33cm i think, it kind of ruins my harmony

• Woah
will this improve forward head posture and straighten neck spine
maybe because it strengthens your neck muscles and might support your spine better

• +1
do you think you can come far if only doing curls?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Lars
I prefer to do them statically to reduce the risk of a herniated disk. Basically, you lift your body up solely from your neck.

Big traps look like utter shit. Women hate big traps.

Big traps look like utter shit. Women hate big traps.
trust me, you couldn’t get big traps even if your life depended on it

• +1
How much times a week are you doing

Neck curls

• Do 3-5x20​
View attachment 1137797

Side neck curls

View attachment 1137806

Neck extensions

• Do 4-6x20​
View attachment 1137813

View attachment 1137824

@RealLooksmaxxer
@realklay11
@Chintuck22
@WadlowMaxxing
@lutte
@PrestonYnot

dang just 3 exercises, not bad. how long to see results for average genetics beginner?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and curryboy123
my neck is 42-43 cm, is that a good measurement?
would train it more have a possible bad effect if your jaw is nothing special?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath and 6’1cel
would train it more have a possible bad effect if you're jaw is nothing special?
if it looks worse just let it atrophy lol no reason not to train it

• +1
Reactions: 6’1cel and khvirgin
would train it more have a possible bad effect if your jaw is nothing special?
it will make your face look better

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and khvirgin
neck curl is good for posture, neck extension is bad essentially

the side curls are good, but if you do curls and extensions, you dont really need them theoretically, as you dont really train any new muscles

so if you want to do just one exercise it should probably be neck curls

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 275
the side curls are good, but if you do curls and extensions, you dont really need them theoretically, as you dont really train any new muscles
you do train new muscles, the scalenes

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and volcelfatcel
you do train new muscles, the scalenes
yeah I mean there are like 100 different muscles on the neck, but the big ones you train when doing neck curls

yeah I mean there are like 100 different muscles on the neck, but the big ones you train when doing neck curls
the scalenes are decently big and will make a difference

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and volcelfatcel
great thread been doing them.

• +1
i train my neck but i have recently diagnosed with sleep apnea i have no idea if its linked to my neck size

i train my neck but i have recently diagnosed with sleep apnea i have no idea if its linked to my neck size
likely dropped maxilla and over the years tighter airway from poor posture aka forward neck posture. The body needs to be balanced starting from the feet, you start fixing from the feet up, form follows function and viceversa, fix muscle imbalances and your posture will be fixed. For sleep apnea semichoke on the back third of the tongue for 10-15 minutes every few hours every day in a chin tuck position. Meaning your tongue will be blocking the airway, this is the effect we want, in 2 months of this you will manually expand the airway. Dont listen to doctors their not based so their biased to their ethics, i just improved the quality of your life, your welcome. Consistency is key, youl see results the more you do this, ive seen even my recessed 60year old uncle fix his sleep apnea with this method.

• Woah
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19
not really but skull size literally doesn’t matter anyway
I dont think you analyze hard enough in an objective manner how people react in a social setting to each other, you have to be extremely detailed or youl be biased to your ego trying to protect you from the truth. Skull matters, more than you might think.

• JFL
Talk to a specialized trainer or a physiotherapist before enlarging the neck. You need to fix neck posture before enlarging or you end up unable to fix your posture entirely. One thing that doesnt get talked enough with neck training is neck STRETCHING. It is so unbelievably essential to stretch the muscles around there to accommodate the projected optimal posture you are trying to achieve.

Darn, I just have dumbbells and no plates....

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
Darn, I just have dumbbells and no plates....
Feel like you could probably put dumbbells on your forehead and do something idk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695