How to get less flat and straight hair?

Matheus

Matheus

Mistral
My hair is straight asf, thin, and lays flat on my head. It's terrible to style except for comb-overs or whatnot but I need to hide my forehead. Can blowing it dry or something curl it up a bit / make it less flat?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted and thecel
maybe sea salt spray.

also try washing your hair less often with shampoo. I only shampoo once-twice/week. Use conditioner every day.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
maybe sea salt spray.

also try washing your hair less often with shampoo. I only shampoo once-twice/week. Use conditioner every day.
What does sea salt spray do?

What does sea salt spray do?
gives your hair texture like its been dried after having been in the sea.

seasalt.png

(ignore the subhuman in this picture, look at hair texture)

I personally don't like it because I already have naturally curly hair and this stuff knots up my hair a lot. Just try it tbh, bottle of that stuff only costs a few dollars.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Acnno and Matheus
gives your hair texture like its been dried after having been in the sea.

seasalt.png

(ignore the subhuman in this picture, look at hair texture)

I personally don't like it because I already have naturally curly hair and this stuff knots up my hair a lot. Just try it tbh, bottle of that stuff only costs a few dollars.
Insane results. How long does the effect last? Is it not dangerous long term for the hair

Insane results. How long does the effect last? Is it not dangerous long term for the hair
Lasts long/all day. The effect initially is different than when it's dried up after ~1 hour but you can blow dry it I guess.

Not sure about hair damage but I wouldn't worry about that anyways unless your hairlength is shoulderlength or more.. Hair damage on short hair is easily recovered with normal hairgrowth. I found it difficult to rinse it out with just water though, and I didn't want to shampoo every day. Haven't used it a lot so I don't have too much experience and tips/tricks in that regard.

• +1
Reactions: Acnno and Matheus
Lasts long/all day. The effect initially is different than when it's dried up after ~1 hour but you can blow dry it I guess.

Not sure about hair damage but I wouldn't worry about that anyways unless your hairlength is shoulderlength or more.. Hair damage on short hair is easily recovered with normal hairgrowth. I found it difficult to rinse it out with just water though, and I didn't want to shampoo every day. Haven't used it a lot so I don't have too much experience and tips/tricks in that regard.
So sea salt spray and blow drying then.

Styling/volumizing powder. I’ve got your type of hair but I’m also balding, and this stuff has saved my ass. I use Schwarzkopf Taft, but I’m sure any brand is fine. Osis is supposed to be good.

Dry shampoo is also good at adding volume, but with less hold. Look at Batiste.

• +1
Reactions: SexyMofo and Matheus
Styling/volumizing powder. I’ve got your type of hair but I’m also balding, and this stuff has saved my ass. I use Schwarzkopf Taft, but I’m sure any brand is fine. Osis is supposed to be good.

Dry shampoo is also good at adding volume, but with less hold. Look at Batiste.
Hm thanks I’ll check it out. Idk if I’m balding but I’m NW2.5 have been since 14 lol. I have a big forehead to top it off. I’m trying to find the best copes while saving for hair transplant and hairline lowering

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
Hm thanks I’ll check it out. Idk if I’m balding but I’m NW2.5 have been since 14 lol. I have a big forehead to top it off. I’m trying to find the best copes while saving for hair transplant and hairline lowering
Yep, saving for a transplant too, Norwood 3. Hairline lowering seems like a bad idea if you’re balding, because the scar will eventually become visible. But that depends on if you’re balding or not.

The powder is great for a messy look, which helps you hide your temples a bit. I actually use some fake hair pieces to cover my temples now, but you probably don’t need that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6113
My hair is straight asf, thin, and lays flat on my head. It's terrible to style except for comb-overs or whatnot but I need to hide my forehead. Can blowing it dry or something curl it up a bit / make it less flat?
You could get your hair permed by a professional or at home, I permed my own hair recently and I went from extremely Asian pin straight hair to wavy hair

• +1
Do you comb your hair?

• +1
Do you comb your hair?
I can’t I need to run a fringe because Norwood 2.5 and big forehead. Once surgery is done I’ll comb it yeah

• +1
Reactions: Acnno and Need2Ascend
use hair grease or any hair product with oil. use blowdryer to have more volume, or you can perm your hair

• +1
use hair grease or any hair product with oil. use blowdryer to have more volume, or you can perm your hair
Getting a perm only lasts for a while though and damages it doesn't it?

Getting a perm only lasts for a while though and damages it doesn't it?
yea ofc

maybe u can. go french crop or two block to hide your forehead

I can’t I need to run a fringe because Norwood 2.5 and big forehead. Once surgery is done I’ll comb it yeah
Then I don't really know why yours thin and straight, depending on how you wash your hair can make night and day difference in its texture. Also noticed that combing after showering make hair quality way worse, straight and thin, maybe some would prefer it but for me similar to strijd' hair quality fits better which I get when not combing

• +1
Then I don't really know why yours thin and straight, depending on how you wash your hair can make night and day difference in its texture. Also noticed that combing after showering make hair quality way worse, straight and thin, maybe some would prefer it but for me similar to strijd' hair quality fits better which I get when not combing
It's genetic my father and grandfather and his father before him all have the same shit hair with lifelong NW2.5 implantation and big forehead. On the upside it's dark despite we having blue eyes.
I just shampoo it every 3 days or so. Might try to find better products

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel and Need2Ascend